Search
Like Tree29Likes

Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 05:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jjahn
What size drivers do I need bigger than 3mm for this kit?
I don't recall anything larger than 3mm when I built mine.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgod
I don't recall anything larger than 3mm when I built mine.
Ok cool, I thought maybe the pillow ball nuts or whatever may be 5mm.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:28 PM
Tech Adept

Ok cool, I thought maybe the pillow ball nuts or whatever may be 5mm.
I believe they are, or at they were for many of the previous Mugen kits. Believe the kit comes with a 5mm allen for them. Been looking at this buggy for too long, and when this comes back into stock at Amain or Tower, my wallet is going to hurt! Tried avoiding the 1/8th bug but I got bit again.
Old 03-30-2015, 07:41 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by JR V
I believe they are, or at they were for many of the previous Mugen kits. Believe the kit comes with a 5mm allen for them. Been looking at this buggy for too long, and when this comes back into stock at Amain or Tower, my wallet is going to hurt! Tried avoiding the 1/8th bug but I got bit again.
Me too. Amain says it arrives today so... I'm gonna get it at tower though, after purchasing my motor esc and some tires I have $48 in tower e-cash coming my way plus I have a $15 gift card there too that came with my radio.
Old 03-30-2015, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JR V
You're right I forgot about the pillow balls.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Emmeth
Reducing the diameter of the rear sway bar could help as well ? Let's say from stock 2.7mm to 2.4/2.5mm ?

Thx
Yes the sway bar but thats is a smaller change. It sounded like you had a larger problem thats why I suggested a larger change. Good thought though.
Old 03-31-2015, 03:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 52 (96%+)

Originally Posted by harley4me
can anyone give me some suggestions on springs and sway bars to carry for different tracks. i don't want to buy the whole lot of them so any suggestion would be great! also where do i get the 40 gram weight for the chassis?
The stock ones work really good. But if you want available tuning get the size above and below stock and that should be plenty.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rcracenut
You could decrease the front camber, or put softer springs on the rear.
Got it, also the sway bars note, thanks mate
Old 04-01-2015, 06:01 AM
Tech Adept

Which sort of alien tool do you use to set/tune the rear camber ?

Last edited by Emmeth; 04-01-2015 at 06:13 AM.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Which sort of alien tool do you use to set/tune the rear camber ?

Old 04-01-2015, 06:26 AM
Tech Adept

I used whatever fit in the hole and turned the turnbuckle.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:38 AM
Tech Adept

Yep but the problem is that beeing the car really new for everyone turning it with the tools showed above, is really difficult because it is very hard to turn ( being the plastics super new ) and moreover there are the spoiler, ammos, plastics here and there obstructing the maneuver.

I tried 3 times so far :

1) the hole is so little that I had to use a very thin wrench, it bended itself after 2 seconds

2) I had an injury to my second finger due to the extreme strength necessary with very small edged wrench

3) Another thin tool broke in two and then I yelled at all gods in the world

That's pretty obvious the night that Japanese engineers developed the blueprints of the rear turnbuckles, they were completely drunk at the karaoke.
Old 04-01-2015, 09:37 AM
Tech Adept

Yep but the problem is that beeing the car really new for everyone turning it with the tools showed above, is really difficult because it is very hard to turn ( being the plastics super new ) and moreover there are the spoiler, ammos, plastics here and there obstructing the maneuver.

I tried 3 times so far :

1) the hole is so little that I had to use a very thin wrench, it bended itself after 2 seconds

2) I had an injury to my second finger due to the extreme strength necessary with very small edged wrench

3) Another thin tool broke in two and then I yelled at all gods in the world

That's pretty obvious the night that Japanese engineers developed the blueprints of the rear turnbuckles, they were completely drunk at the karaoke.
How big of an issue is this? I'm trying to decide between this and the new Team Durango Dex8. Placing my order tomorrow or Friday.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

How big of an issue is this? I'm trying to decide between this and the new Team Durango Dex8. Placing my order tomorrow or Friday.
This isn't an "issue" it's normal for any 1/8 scale buggy. It's easy to take a minute to remove the rear wing if you need to. Or spend $5 and get a turnbuckle wrench that doesn't bend or hurt your finger. Not trying to be an ass, but the stuff some people will complain about is amazing. I would get the Mugen. The new Durango looks like a hopped up rtr to me.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:22 AM
Tech Adept

This is nothing new as the turnbuckles for Mugen have been like that since the MBX-4 and maybe even the super athlete. Try to chuck the turnbuckle in a drill and run them in and out of the ends a few times to free them up a bit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.