Search
Like Tree29Likes

Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2017, 06:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Shots of the new MBX8 Nitro car were put out today,
The pics are over in the Nitro thread if anyone feels inclined to look.

Not sure what the Eco car will look like layout wise, but I suspect many of the new MBX8 Nitro parts will likely find it way to the "e" car.

New arms, arm inserts/stiffeners, wing, wing mount, lower shock mount pins, bulkheads, trailing steering knuckles for CVA's, and shock towers (possibly because of the new bulkheads) were the big things I noticed in the pics posted. Along with the CVA's on the arms and center universals being standard kit parts. Also HTD Diffs are now standard on the New car, so I would expect to see all of that used on the new Eco version. No time frame I am aware of for the new Eco release, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it out by May of next year at least.
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!-img_0684.jpg   Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!-img_0677.jpg   Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!-img_0678.jpg   Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!-img_0679.jpg   Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!-img_0681.jpg  

Old 12-11-2017, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dmcguire
Last year Motorama was held during 70 degree weather and was very comfy in the barn. I pretty much ran Drake's standard 2016 setup, 5 weight lighter on shocks and 7, 7, 3k for diffs. Also more rear toe and more caster. I should have stayed with the 10k, 10k, 5k for diffs though.

For truggy, I ran the standard setup, with more rear toe as well. Truck was awesome. A main in Intermediate for both classes, 2nd in truggy, 9th buggy.

I also only ran Super Soft impacts all weekend on both. Gridirons may have been better, but with the limited practice, I stuck with what I was comfortable with.

Hit Drake up on Facebook. He's awesome. Super helpful guy.
Originally Posted by rmz152
Awesome thank you

Dave's cars looked real good out there at motorama, I would follow his advice. If the weather is lower, say 50's, drop an additional 5 in shock oil on all corners.

And I went with SS Impacts and Gridirons. Both were good, on buggy I was gridirons on all 4 corners, and truggy I actually had gridirons on the back, and impacts on the front. (Gridpacts) Helped turning, but gridirons helped me rotate a little easier on the switchbacks. if no 180's or tight corners this year, I'd probably go gridirons on all 4's. That combo is entirely layout dependent.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Discontinued?!?
Old 12-13-2017, 09:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezlight
Dave's cars looked real good out there at motorama, I would follow his advice. If the weather is lower, say 50's, drop an additional 5 in shock oil on all corners.

And I went with SS Impacts and Gridirons. Both were good, on buggy I was gridirons on all 4 corners, and truggy I actually had gridirons on the back, and impacts on the front. (Gridpacts) Helped turning, but gridirons helped me rotate a little easier on the switchbacks. if no 180's or tight corners this year, I'd probably go gridirons on all 4's. That combo is entirely layout dependent.
Thank you for the advice
Old 12-18-2017, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

Any word on when an updated or new car is coming? Trying to figure out if I’m safe to pick one up for if I should hold off.
Old 12-18-2017, 07:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

SMH... Really
Old 12-18-2017, 07:56 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 1/8 IC Fan
SMH... Really
Yes, really... thanks.
Old 12-18-2017, 07:57 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TRIPLE 675
Yes, really... thanks.
Have you read the Nitro MBX8 Thread? Or Adams Post on FB.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:01 PM
Tech Adept

Have you read the Nitro MBX8 Thread? Or Adams Post on FB.
Obviously not 🙄
Was just hoping for a quick answer...
Old 12-18-2017, 08:03 PM
Tech Champion

No time soon, mid next year. They are focused on the Nitro Buggy first.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:03 PM
Tech Adept

No time soon, mid next year. They are focused on the Nitro Buggy first.
Awesome, thank you for the help!
Old 12-19-2017, 09:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TRIPLE 675
Any word on when an updated or new car is coming? Trying to figure out if I’m safe to pick one up for if I should hold off.
SMH... Really

Maybe the forum appears to be a vicious place sometimes...but you'd understand if you had searched for a Mugen kit online before you posted.

They're out of stock basically everywhere. Amain pulled their product pages for all the mbx7 kits

Amain only lists the mbx8 (nitro) for pre-order due Jan 26.

Rest assured, they know you want to buy a new car in the spring, and they can't affort to pull a Team Durango and mysteriously stop producing kits without an explanation.

Have some faith in American Capitalism and greed! They will no doubt make it possible for you to once again give them your money!
BiLL77 likes this.
Old 12-19-2017, 10:10 PM
Tech Addict

Has anybody experimented with sanding down front arms to change caster angle?

I got mine down to ~18 degrees, and I don't think I compromised any strength yet. I took off material mostly on the rearward side of the lower arm, where there is a little extra material already.

I'm still looking for sharper steering, more like what an mbx6 had...or what I'm told it had. My friend has a couple vehicles that turn much sharper (at speed, in the same conditions) than an mbx7r, and it seems to be an advantage.

I'd love to run it right now to see for myself, but right now we've got snow and frozen ground. Running it won't tell me anything useful!

Right now I'm prepping to get out to an indoor dirt track, and trying to figure out what set-ups I want to test.
Old 12-20-2017, 06:58 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by fredygump
Has anybody experimented with sanding down front arms to change caster angle?

I got mine down to ~18 degrees, and I don't think I compromised any strength yet. I took off material mostly on the rearward side of the lower arm, where there is a little extra material already.

I'm still looking for sharper steering, more like what an mbx6 had...or what I'm told it had. My friend has a couple vehicles that turn much sharper (at speed, in the same conditions) than an mbx7r, and it seems to be an advantage.

I'd love to run it right now to see for myself, but right now we've got snow and frozen ground. Running it won't tell me anything useful!

Right now I'm prepping to get out to an indoor dirt track, and trying to figure out what set-ups I want to test.

In Europe some have put spacers before mounting the rear hinge plate to move the arms back, it did require removing some material on the Hinge Pin plate as well to fit, given the kick up.

This was mainly done on the 2wd converted buggies, both the FWD and RWD ones.

The Hingepin float was not to bad, some even used CA to fill the back of the pills to mitigate it.
Attached Thumbnails Mugen MBX7R Eco thread!-mbx7.jpg  
Old 12-20-2017, 11:56 PM
Tech Addict

In Europe some have put spacers before mounting the rear hinge plate to move the arms back, it did require removing some material on the Hinge Pin plate as well to fit, given the kick up.

This was mainly done on the 2wd converted buggies, both the FWD and RWD ones.

The Hingepin float was not to bad, some even used CA to fill the back of the pills to mitigate it.

Is this spacer in addition to removing material from the arms? I can't imagine putting a very large spacer in without needing to find longer hinge pins. I can imagine the pins tearing through the nylon inserts fairly easily.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.