Old 04-27-2016, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

anyone put the dex8 body on the typhon?
Old 04-27-2016, 01:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by werner sline
how is the wing and wingtower holding ?

i'm about to order a buggy for some hard bashing like you do. The arma seems ok ( even if heavy ) but I 'm not sure about the part supply in time. I like the mugen mbx7r eco

Mine is holding up very well - hasn't broken yet- - -- -
Old 04-27-2016, 03:33 PM
Tech Adept

I snagged the RPM wing mount because supposedly the original is weak. I haven't broken my original mount yet. :/
Another part Arrma has revised, the newer vehicles have a heavier reinforced mount.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:25 PM
Tech Master

i have also bought the rpm mount but it has yet to make it on the car,
Old 05-02-2016, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

so i took the typhon out racing this last saturday. the car felt odd the whole time. i ended up in the b main out of 36 ebuggies. i came home and yesterday started tearing the buggy down. found that the ackerman plate was bent into the shape of a "U" and was binding the steering.
iam currently fixing that and upgrading the servo.
Old 05-02-2016, 03:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Saved some cash over the other idea to go with a kit...STOKED!

Old 05-02-2016, 04:02 PM
Tech Adept

i came home and yesterday started tearing the buggy down. found that the ackerman plate was bent into the shape of a "U" and was binding the steering.
Must have got nailed pretty hard. I've had the link knocked off there in a hard hit once.

Ha, love those badlands, Nayberh8tsme. Reminds me of my motocross days as a young man. I have a set but haven't found any local place that folks go to bash around at, but I have some ball diamonds about 10 minutes from here I thought I might try some day.
Old 05-02-2016, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

i wonder if the servo saver is to tight
Old 05-02-2016, 06:56 PM
Tech Initiate

...badlands are a great bashing tire, for sure. They will shred my backyard track in a hot sec so I'm thinking the dBoots are going to be the tire of choice if I am doing laps.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

I personally hate the dBoots - they're too hard and provide very little traction.

Best I have found are the ProLine Calibers M3.

Has anyone swapped the diff oil out yet? What are some good starting points for the center/front/rear?
Old 05-10-2016, 11:23 AM
Tech Master

for dif oil im running 7-7-3
Old 05-10-2016, 03:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Test N Tune day is this Saturday at our local Hobby Town. Track is a black top, parking lot circuit. They sold a lot of these over the Winter so I assume the course will look like the "Attack of the Clones".
I think they will limit us to 4S packs. Do you think the stock tires are a good starting point> I am a total rookie to racing so I am just looking to smile and possible finsh the race.
Old 05-11-2016, 06:46 AM
Tech Initiate

I have never ran mine on the pavement...if it were for only one event I would likely just toast the stock tires and have a fun time. Now if I had plans to run mine on the pavement from time to time, I might just drop a few bucks on some Proline Road Rage tires.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I upgraded the servo yesterday. My experience with RTR servos is that they are all too slow for track turns. It looks like they will limit us to running 4S packs so I think the stock tires should last the day. From what I have read, 6S packs eat the stock tires in 5-10 minutes.
Old 05-12-2016, 10:06 AM
Tech Adept

4s is still pretty phenomenal performance in ebuggy. If you haven't done much or any track running, trying to discipline yourself to actually keep off the markers will make you wish for less.....abruptness. I was a track newb from my first post in this thread and it took me a couple track days before I was not on the pipes all the time and going up and down the stand to right my buggy. I still have a ways to go, though I can enjoy running with the couple friends I've made there now without crashing all the time. Bad thing about track days(practice), no constant team of marshalls, though we all try our best to get out there for a few minutes of marshalling, a lot of the time there might be no one out on the track.

The orange Arrma servo leaves a lot to be desired. I question the specs listed. It seems to be much poorer than that, only useful for however long it takes to replace with a real servo. Maybe I was just unlucky, because mine was slow and weak.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.