Search
Like Tree108Likes

Team Associated T5M Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2015, 10:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mes
I can't see why they would not, they still have their rtr line based on the B/T4 platform. JConcepts parts for the old series of cars and trucks are on sale, so if you want any of them it might be good to buy them now...
They will continue to make parts for the t4 just like they do with the b4 because they sell them as rtr kits.
Old 01-07-2015, 10:13 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastatfrog
I know this is the wrong place but my brother is bringing over his rc10 worlds right now to ask me about transmission issue
So hoping for a quick reply is the transmission problem only the top shaft? Or is there something else to look at

Also going to build my B5 on over the next 4 days at holiday unit so can u give me heads up with known issues other than ball cups

Again sorry for posting it here but given last comments here I hope I get quick reply rather than trolling through 100s a pages
The top shaft is the main culprit. It is a wide known issue with the re-release. AE will send you a brand new B4 top shaft and it is smoother than the one that comes with the kit. The kit has a high spot. It grinds at a certain spot at each revolution.

The other issues is the molding of the case as reported by others. Mines was really tight, the halves didn't fit together and had to be forced in. The ball bearings for the diffs were also extremely tight and had to be forced in. I contacted AE and they said they are sending me a new tranny case, idler gears, and new top shaft. It still hasn't shown up at my door so I'm going to e-mail them again. I've heard AE sending someone the original tranny case part, so the original must be of higher quality than the made in 2014 molds from China/Taiwan, LOL.

I ran the car anyways since I didn't want to wait forever, just make sure not to overtighten the tranny screws and run it in slowly to "break" it in. My tranny is a little smoother now but its still not as smooth as other AE 3 gear trannies I built and my B5M 4 gear. For the first 2 packs, it felt like I had drag brakes on the car. I could have screwed up the bearings or gears in there, but oh well, I'll completely rebuild the whole thing once I get the new parts from AE, if they ever show up!
Old 01-07-2015, 10:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StadiumRC
My luck with AE kits has been very good. Built a T3, 3 T4's, the B4.2, the B5, the World's Car and just started a B5M. I did have some minor issues with the T3 years ago, and my Worlds Car had the transmission binding problem - but aside from that my kits have been very good and built up well.

I've had my 1st car in 1996 an rc10b2, b3, sc8e, sc10 ft, and a now a b5m that were all complete without any issues out of the box.... So I Guess I've been lucky with so many others on here having misfortune.

I just preordered a t5m now and I'm sure I just jinxed myself
Old 01-07-2015, 10:37 PM
Tech Regular

I know this is the wrong place but my brother is bringing over his rc10 worlds right now to ask me about transmission issue
So hoping for a quick reply is the transmission problem only the top shaft? Or is there something else to look at

Also going to build my B5 on over the next 4 days at holiday unit so can u give me heads up with known issues other than ball cups

Again sorry for posting it here but given last comments here I hope I get quick reply rather than trolling through 100s a pages
I had two different topshafts that I tried with mine and discovered the main problem was with the transmission case itself and the idler gear. I purchased the #6565 RC10T transmission case (based on the original molds) and I also purchased the #6570 idler gear, which is the correct vintage style idler. This completely solved my problem and the transmission spins freely now (and is also more authentic if being vintage correct matters). I bought both of those parts from Amain and I think you can still buy them direct from AE. The 6570 idler has the shaft molded in, and you place the two kit supplied idler bearings in the 6565 case halves, works great - like a proper Stealth should.
Old 01-07-2015, 11:18 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

I was also gonna say take a looksie here.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...orlds-car.html
Old 01-08-2015, 05:08 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by thecman26
Yes I was asking you what is the issue with your brothers gearbox?
As far as your build, tight ball cups will the the #1 issue, everybody has had to deal with that, see the 1st post on either B5/B5M threads to alleviate that issue!
Is it best just to order new ballcups when you order the kit? if so, which ones?
Old 01-08-2015, 06:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skeasor
Is it best just to order new ballcups when you order the kit? if so, which ones?
Only AE ballcups fit, no aftermarket available. I polished the ballstuds when i built mine and they're smooth as silk.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:07 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skeasor
My B5M ballcups were perfect. My B5 rear motor, they needed work. I bought a set of balls, chucked one in my dremel with tooth paste, and popped get ball cup on it. I ran it at low RPM for 60 seconds, and checked it. Repeat with more tooth paste as needed.

I then threw that ball stud away when I was done. However, each ballcup was PERFECT when I was done.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:19 AM
Tech Champion

After looking at the truck info you guys might want to save yourself some time and get the hard steering parts and glue them in. I have a feeling the front tires are going to put a hurting on them.
Old 01-08-2015, 07:20 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Looking forward to this kit. Just hope I can hold out on buy a 44 before this comes out
Old 01-08-2015, 10:25 AM
Tech Regular

Still wish they'd make a rear motor kit.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jswo
Still wish they'd make a rear motor kit.
you, me, and alot of other guys.....RM4Life
Old 01-08-2015, 10:57 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by monty c
you, me, and alot of other guys.....RM4Life
Hopefully, if ae doesn't make one, one of the aftermarket companies make a conversion kit.
Old 01-08-2015, 10:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I only want to see a rear motor kit just so Monty stops complaining! Haha...
Old 01-08-2015, 11:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I won our 13.5 superstock class last night with my Rm T4.2 against a prototype T5M (he built it himself out of a B5M...he was in the lead when one of his 3D printed arms broke) a centro and a 22T mid motor. Sometimes its luck and just not crashing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.