Search
Like Tree108Likes

Team Associated T5M Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2015, 01:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by buckeye dan
Drove my T5M for first time last night indoor on clay with slicks . when going over jumps front end tended to pop up. any suggestions on possible setup solutions?
what kind of tire dope is everyone using?
Kit setup?

I added 25g behind the bulkhead on mine. Kept lifting the front under under hard throttle. Solved my problem.

Prob need to explain what kind of lifting you are getting? Is it more of a springing action off a jump or just flying nose high?
Old 10-26-2015, 03:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Running mine for the first time with the kit setup, I was really happy with it, and I did build it with the brass weight under the trans. I did notice when jumping that mine always seemed to want to jump nose heavy. I did opt for the square battery rather than a shorty which I believe may be causing a little more front weight. has anyone else noticed this.
Old 10-26-2015, 10:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Braxamus
Running mine for the first time with the kit setup, I was really happy with it, and I did build it with the brass weight under the trans. I did notice when jumping that mine always seemed to want to jump nose heavy. I did opt for the square battery rather than a shorty which I believe may be causing a little more front weight. has anyone else noticed this.
Do u get good traction using the square battery? I'm using shorty but looking for ways to get a bit more bite.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

I actually loved the setup, it did everything I wanted it to no problems, I have been racing a TLR Tenscte for the past couple years which is a 4x4 and loved it, so going to a 2WD was a bit of a learning curve as I haven't raced 2 WD for a few years. But the box setup other than the brass weight seemed really good. And since it was a square pack versus a shorty, I ran the battery to the rear with the thin, I think 7mm foam in the front. And I had the 4-gear trans. in it. Our next race it the 7th of November and I put the 3 gear in it just to see the difference and Ryan C. said he runs the 3-gear in everything of his, so I figured for less than 20$ in parts that I could give it a try.

Also wanting to try the VTS slipper #91175 if it is worth the money.

Last edited by Braxamus; 10-28-2015 at 03:55 AM.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Braxamus
I actually loved the setup, it did everything I wanted it to no problems, I have been racing a TLR Tenscte for the past couple years which is a 4x4 and loved it, so going to a 2WD was a bit of a learning curve as I have raced 2 WD for a few years. But the box setup other than the brass weight seemed really good. And since it was a square pack versus a shorty, I ran the battery to the rear with the thin, I think 7mm foam in the front. And I had the 4-gear trans. in it. Our next race it the 7th of November and I put the 3 gear in it just to see the difference and Ryan C. said he runs the 3-gear in everything of his, so I figured for less than 20$ in parts that I could give it a try.

Also wanting to try the VTS slipper #91175 if it is worth the money.
I had the 3 gear in my but I put the 4 back in to try and get extra bite my track is med grip kinda loose so I'm thinking the square battery and 4 gear will help me
Old 10-26-2015, 02:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I finally have a t5m on it's way. Does anyone have a good starting setup for LSR Speedway? Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 10-26-2015, 03:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robbie_gtc
Kit setup?

I added 25g behind the bulkhead on mine. Kept lifting the front under under hard throttle. Solved my problem.

Prob need to explain what kind of lifting you are getting? Is it more of a springing action off a jump or just flying nose high?
it sure seems to springing off jumps i may try the 25 grams on front to help it stay more level.
Old 10-26-2015, 03:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

Our track is a well kept indoor, that is always med to high bite so the 3-gear should help me.

Last edited by Braxamus; 10-28-2015 at 03:56 AM.
Old 10-26-2015, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

My only problem with my truck right now is that it has mid corner whip steering, where it will either break loose in the rear, or gain steering mid corner, and if I'm not careful I can oversteer a corner, has anyone else seen this? has happened at LRH, as well as Coyote Hobbies, which are both high bite slicks tire types of tracks.
Old 10-27-2015, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

it sure seems to springing off jumps i may try the 25 grams on front to help it stay more level.
I just ordered the brass bulkhead hope that will keep it down on jumps and under acceleration !!!
Old 10-27-2015, 04:45 PM
Tech Addict

I just ordered the brass bulkhead hope that will keep it down on jumps and under acceleration !!!
you can accomplish the same by just adding a couple stick on weights and testing before dropping the coin on the brass bulkhead.
Old 10-27-2015, 04:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
My only problem with my truck right now is that it has mid corner whip steering, where it will either break loose in the rear, or gain steering mid corner, and if I'm not careful I can oversteer a corner, has anyone else seen this? has happened at LRH, as well as Coyote Hobbies, which are both high bite slicks tire types of tracks.
if you have good forward bite everywhere else I would take some of the steering out. if you are struggling for forward bite as well then you can go shortest wheelbase if not already. inside hole on shock tower add a little more rear camber. lastly adjust roll centre in rear.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robbie_gtc
if you have good forward bite everywhere else I would take some of the steering out. if you are struggling for forward bite as well then you can go shortest wheelbase if not already. inside hole on shock tower add a little more rear camber. lastly adjust roll centre in rear.
Forward bite is really good at both tracks. Will mess with shock locations..
Old 10-28-2015, 09:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Has anyone tried adding weight upfront?
Old 10-28-2015, 11:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

I really don't see any need for front weight, mine seems to always be nose heavy when jumping. and I got the Brass weight under the trans. But like I said before I run square battery packs which I am sure will add some front weight to it. maybe if I went to the shorty packs and ran it to the rear, then I might see nose up jumping.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.