Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree108Likes

Team Associated T5M Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2015, 02:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Here are some pics of my new T5M. I am going to pick up a Schelle slipper other then that wath upgrades is everyone adding? and why?
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated T5M Discussion-stadium-1.jpg   Team Associated T5M Discussion-stadium-2.jpg  
Old 07-12-2015, 03:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pbomstad
Here are some pics of my new T5M. I am going to pick up a Schelle slipper other then that wath upgrades is everyone adding? and why?
I would pick up the Schelle bearing kit since the kit bearings are kinda iffy.
Old 07-12-2015, 04:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jmuck69
I would pick up the Schelle bearing kit since the kit bearings are kinda iffy.
You talking about the diff and thrust balls?
Old 07-12-2015, 08:52 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steelers82
Im having some issues with over steering with my t5m, it seems to over steer at the end of a turn, Im wondering if this is a set up issue or a easy fix in my radio settings??? any help would be apperitiated
When that happens to me its usually because of a wrong tire choice. Not enough side bite.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

oversteering? fix your epa, problem solved LOL.

I feel like I'm not getting enough throw, I want more steering but the truck is dialed!
Old 07-13-2015, 04:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Subd
Old 07-13-2015, 04:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pbomstad
You talking about the diff and thrust balls?
I meant the ball bearings.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

AnybAnybody have any experience with both the BullDog body and the Finnisher? I'm curious if there was any noticeable performance difference. Specifically if one or the other creates more of a parachute effect. New layout has several large jumps mixed with a short but tight infield
Old 07-13-2015, 06:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dpcardoza
AnybAnybody have any experience with both the BullDog body and the Finnisher? I'm curious if there was any noticeable performance difference. Specifically if one or the other creates more of a parachute effect. New layout has several large jumps mixed with a short but tight infield
I tested back to back, and I never experienced parachuting with either body. I will say that the Proline body was heavier on the front end, stopped it from doing wheelies down the straight. Steering was a lot heavier. Even with the lower front lip trimmed off. The Jconcepts body lets the front end come up a little bit, but not doing back flips. Gives it a nice neutral steering feel, jumps better and all around faster (for me at least). I did end up putting my Proline wing on my Jconcepts body.......

Ill have to get back to everyone on that. Still need to do some back to back.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:17 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Well bought a t5m yesterday. Just started the build and can't get passed page 7. One of the hinge pins that hold the caster blocks on is about 1/4 inch to short and it falls out when assembled. Now putting the hinge pins threw the front arms and they are to wide. Seem like they are 1/8 buggy wide. One of the ballstuds that goes in the caster blocks doesn't have the 2mm hex. It's just a circle inside so I can't use my 2mm driver to install it. I will email associated I guess. I'm not happy. I also bought a 44.3 a month or so ago and it was also missing parts. Emailed them and they want to much info for me. I don't have time to send pics and videos that they requested of the wrong and missing parts. Anyone else have issues with the t5m build?
Old 07-13-2015, 07:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
I tested back to back, and I never experienced parachuting with either body. I will say that the Proline body was heavier on the front end, stopped it from doing wheelies down the straight. Steering was a lot heavier. Even with the lower front lip trimmed off. The Jconcepts body lets the front end come up a little bit, but not doing back flips. Gives it a nice neutral steering feel, jumps better and all around faster (for me at least). I did end up putting my Proline wing on my Jconcepts body.......

Ill have to get back to everyone on that. Still need to do some back to back.
So is this indoor or outdoor? I am still using the Proline body and this weekend, on our outdoor track, the wind was steady all day with some good gusts. Well one section of the track has a rhythm section that I generally triple without issue. But the truck was being blown all over the place, almost as if it was an SC truck. One time I hit the take off jump normally but the wind grabbed it and slammed it into the ground on the top of the second whoop. It actually broke the servo arm. Oddest thing ever, it was as if someone grabbed it mid-air and slammed it down. But I was wondering if the Jcon body handles wind better?
Old 07-13-2015, 07:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gigasipke
So is this indoor or outdoor? I am still using the Proline body and this weekend, on our outdoor track, the wind was steady all day with some good gusts. Well one section of the track has a rhythm section that I generally triple without issue. But the truck was being blown all over the place, almost as if it was an SC truck. One time I hit the take off jump normally but the wind grabbed it and slammed it into the ground on the top of the second whoop. It actually broke the servo arm. Oddest thing ever, it was as if someone grabbed it mid-air and slammed it down. But I was wondering if the Jcon body handles wind better?
Nothing handles wind like that better. In stadium truck I've never encountered a body that helps or hurts in that regard.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tony montana
Well bought a t5m yesterday. Just started the build and can't get passed page 7. One of the hinge pins that hold the caster blocks on is about 1/4 inch to short and it falls out when assembled. Now putting the hinge pins threw the front arms and they are to wide. Seem like they are 1/8 buggy wide. One of the ballstuds that goes in the caster blocks doesn't have the 2mm hex. It's just a circle inside so I can't use my 2mm driver to install it. I will email associated I guess. I'm not happy. I also bought a 44.3 a month or so ago and it was also missing parts. Emailed them and they want to much info for me. I don't have time to send pics and videos that they requested of the wrong and missing parts. Anyone else have issues with the t5m build?
None with mine, at all. I know I got one of the really early kits too.

When you say wide, do you mean diameter? The rear hinge pins are huge compared to any 1/10 car I have ever seen.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Gigasipke
Parachuting does not care if you are indoors or outdoors. My testing was done indoors and I have used the truck outdoors, where I also raced my SC10 and had parachuting problems with the SC10 but not with the T5M.

What it seems is that you are describing heavy winds just taking control of the truck and I dont think either body will make a difference in that situation.
Old 07-13-2015, 07:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1/4milecrazy
None with mine, at all. I know I got one of the really early kits too.

When you say wide, do you mean diameter? The rear hinge pins are huge compared to any 1/10 car I have ever seen.
Yeah I seen the rear hinge pins are wider than the fronts. But the fronts in my kit are just a little smaller in diameter than the rears.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.