Search
Like Tree108Likes

Team Associated T5M Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 05:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

disclaimer:noob question

what size kyosho springs are a direct fit? And if anyone knows the best place to buy some at a decent price id be stoked.

Thanks
Old 05-03-2015, 12:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hi,
will gullwing arms from the t4.2 fit the t5m?
Old 05-03-2015, 06:41 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BMOC
hi,
will gullwing arms from the t4.2 fit the t5m?
They might. However, why would you want to switch to them?
Old 05-03-2015, 06:41 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by SCserfur

what size kyosho springs are a direct fit? And if anyone knows the best place to buy some at a decent price id be stoked.

Thanks
Yes - get the truck springs. You need to use the middle sized spring cups. I get mine from the hobby shop.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SCserfur

Thanks
I run K springs (as you can see from my list of cars lol), check out www.losipartshouse.com. Not eBay cheap, but cheaper then most.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Originally Posted by suby723
This may sound crazy but try setting your esc to blinky mode. I run blinky in my mod cars to smooth everything out.
I already am. I don't run esc timing on anything faster than a 13.5, I don't see the need.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:52 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
I already am. I don't run esc timing on anything faster than a 13.5, I don't see the need.
Which ESC are you using? Turning punch down a step or two on my R10.1 pro helped smooth out the power even more.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:54 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by aeRayls
Use the 7mm hexes on the truck with the +4 block.

With that much grip I'd run some long camber links in the rear for sure. Probably gray rear springs as well.
It would be easy to try this but wouldn't that make the car too wide in the rear? Not that I actually care, but if I run any of the JBRLs wouldn't the truck be out of legal spec....or are there no rules for stadium truck? Would having the rear wider than the front make the truck handle funny? This wouldn't solve my flipping over backwards issue but maybe I'll make the truck as long as I can. I dunno. Other than the Wild Willy style wheelies I'm very happy with it. Since I have the Kyosho springs I might try those out today.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:56 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Socket
Which ESC are you using? Turning punch down a step or two on my R10.1 pro helped smooth out the power even more.
Hobbywing, which I love. I'll scroll through the menus and see what I can do. I'm not sure why but I never thought of that. I just put it in blinky and adjusted the brake feel to my liking. Just to qualify that, I run sportsman stock in pretty much all my other cars and don't make a lot of adjustments. I even used a stock buggy in open expert Friday night because I don't have a mod motor in anything. In fact, the buggy I used for expert was slower than the one that I ran in stock. My T5M is sort of my "big block" car that pull out for fun.
Old 05-03-2015, 08:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just an FYI and follow up....we started sugaring our track again. The Reedy 8.0 is proving to be a bit much. With a square pack all the way forward and geared at 19/84 I pull wheelies down our long straight and the stock slipper slips too much with the spring bottomed out. Its gotta be the torqueiest mod motor I've ever used. Its fun but I keep flipping over backwards if I squeeze the trigger too hard!

On a seperate note, I finally modified the truck. I installed the +4 C mount and 5mm hexes. I guess that the truck feels marginally better. I'm not sure that I could actually tell the difference.
Turn the punch in the ESC down...maybe play with the throttle expo on your tx to smooth out the delivery of the power
Old 05-03-2015, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It would be easy to try this but wouldn't that make the car too wide in the rear? Not that I actually care, but if I run any of the JBRLs wouldn't the truck be out of legal spec....or are there no rules for stadium truck? Would having the rear wider than the front make the truck handle funny? This wouldn't solve my flipping over backwards issue but maybe I'll make the truck as long as I can. I dunno. Other than the Wild Willy style wheelies I'm very happy with it. Since I have the Kyosho springs I might try those out today.
With the +4 block and 7mm hexes it's only wider by .5mm per side than stock. Yes there are rules for ST and they have a box they must fit in. Typically they clear by plenty. Going real narrow with 5mm hexes and that +4 block is the exact opposite of what I'd do for sugar track conditions.

Make sure your rear arms are spaced back and try running your rear hubs in the back position as well. Along with a longer camber link in the rear. All of that will help in those conditions
Old 05-03-2015, 10:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Just an FYI and follow up....we started sugaring our track again. The Reedy 8.0 is proving to be a bit much. With a square pack all the way forward and geared at 19/84 I pull wheelies down our long straight and the stock slipper slips too much with the spring bottomed out. Its gotta be the torqueiest mod motor I've ever used. Its fun but I keep flipping over backwards if I squeeze the trigger too hard!
An 8.0 certainly isn't too much motor for the truck. Try taking all boost and punch/initial drive out of your ESC, and try going up to a 20 maybe even 21 pinion to smooth out the power. Can also put a curve for throttle in your radio settings as well. Also the AE vented 2 plate slipper with the hi-torque pads will be better than the stock one. And of course the Schelle Nova slippers are reportedly very good too.

Last edited by rigor; 05-03-2015 at 02:03 PM.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Has anyone seen the setup that Spencer Rivkin used at the JConcepts Stock Nationals at OC/RC this past weekend? I saw Team Associated posted his winning B5M setup but not his winning T5M setup. Just finished building my T5M and want to compare his setup to the box stock setup.
Old 05-03-2015, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flintTRDTC
Has anyone seen the setup that Spencer Rivkin used at the JConcepts Stock Nationals at OC/RC this past weekend? I saw Team Associated posted his winning B5M setup but not his winning T5M setup. Just finished building my T5M and want to compare his setup to the box stock setup.
Based off all setup sheets out there and talking to folks, I doubt his setup is far off most others, which isn't far off from the box setup. Build out your front shocks with 3 limiters and only 1 in rear (or 2 and you can always unwind the eyelets for more droop). If your track isn't bumpy, Gray rear springs were better, and going up to yellow or even red front springs can be good too depending upon track conditions and feel you seek.

Last edited by rigor; 05-03-2015 at 02:19 PM.
Old 05-03-2015, 05:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

what servo would suit this truck best? ko response, or power?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.