Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2wd buggy suggestions/advice

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Well now that I've narrowed it down to 2 cars, the track announced yesterday that they are going to be moving to a new location that will have a larger track and it will be an indoor off-road carpet track. I don't know if there will be other classes or not.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
So OP, it's 210$ for the TC02 Evo + Bfast or gear diff, that's B5 territory.
The Evo also comes with a lot aluminum parts that would be upgrades on a B5. Well, they would be upgrades...if they were available. Once those "upgrades" become available you'd be looking at well over $300 for a B5 that's comparably equipped to an Evo.

So if we compared apples to apples, the $ wouldn't even close.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:41 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vwjuice
The B5 would still need a B-fast diff ..
No, it doesn't. The 22 doesn't either. Both have perfectly smooth diffs out of the box (assuming 22 2.0, the 1.0 came with non-tungsten diff balls)All B-fast does is flat sands the diff rings. TLR diff rings have this treatment already if it's that important. The diff balls wear their own grooves when you break them in, negating the flat-sanding.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Does the B5 have better diff balls and rings compared to the B4? I noticed a huge difference between the B4 & T4 diffs and the B-FAST diff kits.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IntegraMark
If you haven't used the updated upper and lower plate (part #T02147) I highly recommend getting it. It's a must have.
Spurs available are 86T, 80T, 77T and 75T. The kits come with 80T. we don't have a stock classes where I race but I imagine something like a 30/75 would work.
I will buy the updated plates when I used up all my spare plates
The problem with the spurs is twofold, I may need to gear lower and/or move the motor forward. A 70T would be a very welcome addition.

Originally Posted by hairless_ape
The Evo also comes with a lot aluminum parts that would be upgrades on a B5. Well, they would be upgrades...if they were available. Once those "upgrades" become available you'd be looking at well over $300 for a B5 that's comparably equipped to an Evo.

So if we compared apples to apples, the $ wouldn't even close.
I kind of agree with you, the aluminum front uprights are more of a necessity. I broke the ball stud holes on the plastic version too easily.
Well on the B5 you can change kickup, squat, rear toe, caster, trail, etc...
Please take no offense, I liked this car when I was running it and I'm eagerly awaiting the next TC02

Does the B5 have better diff balls and rings compared to the B4? I noticed a huge difference between the B4 & T4 diffs and the B-FAST diff kits.
The new diff has 14 balls so the load is better distributed. Should make a longer lasting smooth diff.
Old 05-07-2014, 04:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

the deal can't get any sweeter than this

$109 for a competitive buggy with upgrades
http://teamcracingus.com/
Old 05-07-2014, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

Damn, that is an insane deal. I've been thinking of adding a TC02T to the stable, and now I just might have to. The only reason I hadn't already is because ST is pretty much dead around here. They're so much damn fun to drive though.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Oh snap. I'll have to check and see if they would accept an old ps2 game. Haha
Old 05-07-2014, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

That is an awesome deal they have going. Good job Team C. Kids spend way too much time in front of their tv's so this is a great idea.
Old 05-07-2014, 07:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Damn, that is an insane deal. I've been thinking of adding a TC02T to the stable, and now I just might have to. The only reason I hadn't already is because ST is pretty much dead around here. They're so much damn fun to drive though.
If all else fails, convert to a TS2 and run that.

That is an awesome deal they have going. Good job Team C. Kids spend way too much time in front of their tv's so this is a great idea.
Just hit up the local game store and but one of the hot titles from last year for $10. you're still saving $90.
Old 05-07-2014, 09:04 PM
Tech Master

Just hit up the local game store and but one of the hot titles from last year for $10. you're still saving $90.

I checked their website and it just says ANY game in bold letters. I have tons of old ps2 games. I showed my daughter the sale and she has saved up almost $200 so far to get a new buggy for herself. She's going to trade in one of her wii games and get the tc02 Evo or the tc02t. If she gets a tc02t then that's what I will get as there would be enough for a class with my buddies.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:21 PM
Tech Regular

Shame only hald the stuff the have listed is in stock. The T8E or T8TE at that low of price would have been difficult to pass on.

Honestly, I'm tired of the SCT class. I love them for just tooling around, but to me they're not racing vehicles. I'm gonna keep my TS4 and Blitz, because they're great trucks, just done with racing SCT.

Last edited by hairless_ape; 05-07-2014 at 10:34 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 07:10 AM
Tech Master

Honestly, I'm tired of the SCT class. I love them for just tooling around, but to me they're not racing vehicles. I'm gonna keep my TS4 and Blitz, because they're great trucks, just done with racing SCT.

A lot of people are feeling that way about SCT. We don't always have an SCT class and when we do there's 5-6 people on average. Yet 2wd mod and stock buggy will go into the E-mains at times. The regular truck classes don't exist at all anymore which is my favorite class.

I hate racing buggies. The classes are too serious for people to get into. If you're not a good driver right from the start then it's you're frowned upon. I'm getting a buggy only because I need something to race. I'm going they my slash and getting that ready again just for when there is a SCT class.