Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

VBC Racing Firebolt DM 2WD buggy kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2015, 06:33 PM
Tech Adept

Getting my Firebolt ready for indoor carpet racing in Florida!
Attached Thumbnails VBC Racing Firebolt DM 2WD buggy kit-image.jpg  
Old 09-20-2015, 02:34 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slotmachine
It will be good to shoot the shit with you again, we should pit together.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to start for set up, I`ll be running med grip smooth clay/dirt mixture..........
Check my setup on Petitrc for svcrc, sounds like a similar surface
Old 09-20-2015, 02:36 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by angrymelon
I haven't noticed any excessive flex. Once the battery strap is screwed down it makes the top of the car fairly rigid. The only noticeable flex for me is the slop at the battery strap hinge. However, if you release the battery hold down, its SUPER flexy.
You can replace the pin for the strap with a long screw and a nut to eliminate that bit of slop.
Old 09-20-2015, 02:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

http://imgur.com/8JNOxlI here's a pic of my current layout, after they went a little crazy with watering before the race lol
Old 09-25-2015, 04:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Buying one on Monday for indoor carpet, 17.5 blinky and slicks. Looks like a really well built buggy
Old 10-02-2015, 10:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

OK guys I am not happy with the stock pistons. Does anyone know what other options are out there? Can we use Kyosho, AE, or Losi pistons?
Old 10-05-2015, 08:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

How on earth do you keep the shocks from leaking? Without being too tight............
Old 10-06-2015, 01:53 AM
Tech Regular

Where are they leaking from? The bottom of the shock where the shock shaft comes out, or the top, bottom of the shock cap?
Old 10-06-2015, 10:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by WailinOnYa
Where are they leaking from? The bottom of the shock where the shock shaft comes out, or the top, bottom of the shock cap?
bottom of the shocks.
Old 10-07-2015, 01:46 AM
Tech Regular

I just tightened down the bottom seal assembly all the way, but I do know what your referring to. When its tightened all the way down it seems like it compresses the O-rings too much and they bite/binds onto the shock shaft a bit more than I would like also. Did you try using green slime or other similar O-ring lube in the seal assembly, you could also try a different make of O-ring. My first real issue with the shocks was that they were actually leaking from the shock caps themselves, where they screw down. This was mentioned by someone else earlier on. I took a small piece of teflon thread sealing tape and put it in the groove where the O-ring goes, then placed the O-ring back on over top of that to expand the O-ring ever so slightly. It worked perfectly, no issues with the caps since! The lower seal assembly could probably use a slightly smaller shaft guide between the o-rings, so when you tighten the lower cap on it wouldn't compress the o-rings as much.
Old 10-07-2015, 10:54 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks......... I think I`ll try the x-rings and try sanding down the spacer between the o-rings along with some more green slime.
Old 10-12-2015, 07:45 AM
Tech Champion

Thumbs up

okay..... I rebuilt the shocks with all new plastics and ended up with 1 Associated x-ring and 1 stock o-ring with green slime and the shocks were perfect!
I got a few runs on the car and ended up installing the rear battery hold down screws to tighten up the chassis, moved the shorty pack forward and ended up with the 25 kick up and the 5deg. caster inserts. The car started to turn finally and the rear end is super hooked up. I think my next step is going to be to add the brass front weight and play with springs a bit.
Unfortunately I caught a pipe with the rear end and pulled off a suspension arm.
Old 10-22-2015, 06:58 AM
Tech Champion

okay..... I rebuilt the shocks with all new plastics and ended up with 1 Associated x-ring and 1 stock o-ring with green slime and the shocks were perfect!
I got a few runs on the car and ended up installing the rear battery hold down screws to tighten up the chassis, moved the shorty pack forward and ended up with the 25 kick up and the 5deg. caster inserts. The car started to turn finally and the rear end is super hooked up. I think my next step is going to be to add the brass front weight and play with springs a bit.
Unfortunately I caught a pipe with the rear end and pulled off a suspension arm.
Okay guys and girls.......after working on set up for a day I have found out that a shorty pack is too light. When I added weight to the car it got much more stable. I changed the rear springs to green and left the front alone.
I also took out the anti-squat to help with rear bite on power, I ordered a square pack that weighs 10 oz's or 300g if you prefere.
I had people at the track tell me the car looks really good on the track and I hope it will continue to improve. On a side note......the car is very quiet.
Paul Rush. ....
Old 10-22-2015, 08:12 PM
Tech Initiate

Good work Slotmachine!
Keep'em coming!
Old 10-26-2015, 12:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Okay guys and girls.......after working on set up for a day I have found out that a shorty pack is too light. When I added weight to the car it got much more stable. I changed the rear springs to green and left the front alone.
I also took out the anti-squat to help with rear bite on power, I ordered a square pack that weighs 10 oz's or 300g if you prefere.
I had people at the track tell me the car looks really good on the track and I hope it will continue to improve. On a side note......the car is very quiet.
Paul Rush. ....
Agreed! Car seems better with some weight in it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.