Hello all need help.....

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hello all need help.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 11:59 AM
Tech Prophet

I run on High bite carpet and honestly the Rear motor layout works good on smaller tighter tracks it has a lot to do with the driveing style also just not what claims to work better.

Rear motor on high bite works with a point and shoot or get into the throttle a little out of turns kind of driveing.

The disavatage to the Rear motor on high bite is traction roll but that can easy to get out though with some little tuning.

Mid motor does seem to work better on larger flowing tracks . On smaller tighter tracks i think Rear motor layout is better but again its the driving style diffrence.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

As I have stated I am new to the 1/10 buggy. I have not spent much time ever driving one. Most of my driving has been with larger scale(1/8). The track I will mostly be driving is on the smaller side but in summer its a large carpet track.....
There is also another track close by that is a Med size track. LHR is just a bit to far to go to. Would like to go but in a group not by myself...
Old 02-05-2014, 12:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
it's not just low bite or high bite... it also has a lot do with the track layout. If you have a track that is free flowing and fast, with no 180s... even a MM car will run well on low bite.

If you hvae a low bite track that has a lot of tight 180s with small run-ups to jumps that require you pin the throttle hard out of a corner... MM won't work at all, you will need to run a RM car.

On the other end of that coin.. if you have a high bite track that is layed out fast, with no 180s.. etc... a MM car will dominate.

Traction level and layout determine which car will likely produce the best lap times. So this isn't a question that can actually be answered in a thread like this, because it depends on all of these factors determined by where you are running.
so true.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:45 PM
Tech Champion

but...surface traction still does play a big roll still, and i believe it is still the make or break for mm or rm. not that you can't get RM to work on super high traction, and MM to work on super low traction..it is just much easier to get one to work, vs the other. of course, track layout does have a big roll in it all.
Old 02-05-2014, 12:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

More times than not its a high bite track. It is a bit small and tight though. However the other 2 are bigger and sweepy.( I like to make up words lol)
Old 02-05-2014, 01:14 PM
Tech Champion

I would say go with MM. remember, you could always add some weight if you need more traction, and have tried everything else.
Old 02-05-2014, 04:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by ThePanda
I would say go with MM. remember, you could always add some weight if you need more traction, and have tried everything else.
I think that's what Im going to do. Its not like I have a ton of RM driving to flush out.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Had a talk with the guys at the track today.....RM it is lol. Well he said MM is great the first week of the track change. After that its a no no. So got my RM all set to buy lol
Old 02-07-2014, 02:18 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by qZOMBIEXTUNAp
Had a talk with the guys at the track today.....RM it is lol. Well he said MM is great the first week of the track change. After that its a no no. So got my RM all set to buy lol
then mm you should do.

need a servo? i have one new, cheap if you do.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

It's the same at my clay track. First two weeks we have uber traction with ghost pins. Then the clay dries out, we run more pin, and traction drops in half. A lot of guys are moving to MM, but I think i'm sticking with RM myself.
Old 02-08-2014, 06:21 PM
Tech Apprentice

In the summer they run on the bigger carpet track. But he was saying if I at all plan to run indoor just stick with RM. I must me the only one to stick a buggy on layaway LoL. Had some cash but not enough for it, if I had waited the money would have ended up elsewhere.

Panda-what servo?
Old 02-08-2014, 06:48 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You guys have me decided to keep my RM too. If I have money itching to buy a new buggy, I will wait for the next 4WD release to scratch that itch. There was actually info shared here comparing RM to MM that I haven't seen in the other numerous threads on the subject, thanks!
Old 02-09-2014, 07:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by JeepnMike
You guys have me decided to keep my RM too. If I have money itching to buy a new buggy, I will wait for the next 4WD release to scratch that itch. There was actually info shared here comparing RM to MM that I haven't seen in the other numerous threads on the subject, thanks!
I got lucky as this aspect of R/C is all new to me. These guys have all been a big help. It was one of our fast guys to say that the MM was great for the first week. Its all good now. Im headed in the right direction and seting up to run 17.5 Blinky. Now I just need to learn how to set the darn thing up
Old 02-15-2014, 08:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

All has ended and I ended up with a 22 2.0. was the better route as all my batteries are full size. I wasn't at first aware that the 22 will take a full size pack. In case anyone was wondering....the 22 2.0 is a real nice kit. Comes with all the upgrades. Will post pics soon as I get them uploaded
Old 02-16-2014, 07:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

All has ended and I ended up with a 22 2.0. was the better route as all my batteries are full size. I wasn't at first aware that the 22 will take a full size pack. In case anyone was wondering....the 22 2.0 is a real nice kit. Comes with all the upgrades. Will post pics soon as I get them uploaded
I recently picked up a 2wd for the 1st time like you, Durango that can run mm & rm like the 22 can also do, made sense to me.
Ran full stick for two races because like you I had it. Wanted more weight in the front for exit turn as I am starting with rm so I picked up a SMC shorty.

That was a game changer, quite a bit lighter than a full stick which is a big advantage in blinky and the ability to shift weight.

So happy I picked one up because the buggy is now doing what I want and is quite a bit faster all from a lipo change.

So long story short... don't get stuck in a rut with your full stick because you have it. Pick up a shorty and watch a second or two drop from your times

Oh and going from your blinky heat to your 4x SCT or 1/8 heat will be a lot of fun as well

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.