Search
Like Tree8Likes

Kyosho Ultima SC6 Thread.......

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2016, 08:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Propchecku37
Hey guys I'm getting a Sc6 and want some feedback on wether the truck has better rear grip in mid motor configuration or rear. I know it has a lot to do with set up, slipper,tires ect... I'm running a 8.5T and a regular 7.4 lipo pack on a outdoor packed clay track with light dust outside the groove.
Go mid, it has better balance. I would put the ESC on a shelf and place the battery all the way back.
Old 07-23-2016, 05:37 PM
psl
Tech Adept

I run mid motor on a dirt track. I use sideways saddle packs push right up to the motor and put the speed controller in line in front of the battery. Jumps great with plenty of steering. I used to run rear motor but I really like this set up.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:24 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Just got a used sc6. Sadly, its a bit more beat than the add had claimed.
1st thing, the steering assembly has so much slop/play in it. Whats the fix for this?
2nd, one of the shocks is leaking. I believe its the cap thats overtightened or maybe the bleeder? is this a common issue?
Other than that, I suppose its pretty solid. It has a gear diff..is a gear diff ideal for a high bite clay track? Running mid motor config.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by beansor2bacon
1st thing, the steering assembly has so much slop/play in it. Whats the fix for this?
2nd, one of the shocks is leaking. I believe its the cap thats overtightened or maybe the bleeder? is this a common issue?
Other than that, I suppose its pretty solid. It has a gear diff..is a gear diff ideal for a high bite clay track? Running mid motor config.
I would suggest tearing down the whole truck or at least the front end and rebuild it using the manual online from Kyosho. Some cars just have more play than others in the front end but at least rebuilding it you can have a piece of mind that it was done right.

As far as the shocks, I recently had the same issue with my ZX-6 when rebuilding them. They leaked even with new seals. I rebuilt them three times and they still leaked at the cap. After replacing almost everything I finally bought new caps and it stopped the leaking. The weird thing was all of them were leaking. They all were just perfectly fine before I rebuilt them. Ive own almost ever Kyosho thru the years and that's never happened and hopefully it's the last time.
Old 07-27-2016, 02:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I agree, I'm gonna just do a tear down and rebuild. It'll help familiarize myself with the kit and piece of mind is huge! Thanks for the info Drive
Old 07-27-2016, 07:24 PM
Tech Regular

Do a full rebuild and check the bearings on the steering posts for the arms. It helps to add a Schelle steering rack. I see most of the slop in between the arms and the rack.

I had a similar issue with the mod SC6 and a buggy, replacing the o-rings in the shock caps fixed it for me.
Old 07-30-2016, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Now that Kyosho has released the RB6.6, I have installed the official standup 3 gear standup transmission in my SC6. Unlike the 3D printed versions, this one is smooth and quiet. Here is a list of parts needed:

UM734
UM735

You can harvest the rest of the components from your standup 4 gear transmission. I plan to hit the track next week and enjoy the fit and finish of an OEM part. I am sure the car will drive similar to any car with a standup 3 gear.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by rbk1115; 07-30-2016 at 10:37 PM.
Old 07-30-2016, 09:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Anyone tried the JConcepts "HF2 SCT" Low-Profile Short Course body on their SC6?
Old 07-30-2016, 10:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TravisS27
Anyone tried the JConcepts "HF2 SCT" Low-Profile Short Course body on their SC6?
I am using the HF2 as my current SCT body. I am using the lightweight version with the recommended cutouts. This body was designed for the SC5M and it works great on the SC6. I have found it to be durable and the truck jumps well with it. minimal parachuting effect if you have the cutouts. Note that I am using the rear motor mounts attached to the front side of the rear shock tower. This configuration will give you more options when it comes to SCT bodies.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 07-30-2016, 10:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rbk1115
I am using the HF2 as my current SCT body. I am using the lightweight version with the recommended cutouts. This body was designed for the SC5M and it works great on the SC6. I have found it to be durable and the truck jumps well with it. minimal parachuting effect if you have the cutouts. Note that I am using the rear motor mounts attached to the front side of the rear shock tower. This configuration will give you more options when it comes to SCT bodies.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Perfect, thank you!
Old 08-01-2016, 07:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rbk1115
Now that Kyosho has released the RB6.6, I have installed the official standup 3 gear standup transmission in my SC6. Unlike the 3D printed versions, this one is smooth and quiet. Here is a list of parts needed:

UM734
UM735

You can harvest the rest of the components from your standup 4 gear transmission. I plan to hit the track next week and enjoy the fit and finish of an OEM part. I am sure the car will drive similar to any car with a standup 3 gear.
I added the UM740 bulk head to the mix, I also waited for the Kyosho 3 gear parts, my gear box has to be as smooth and quiet as possible.

You have a sweet setup for the rear body mount, that I have to try.

Originally Posted by TravisS27
It is great in the air, I run the LW version with almost everything cut out.

Last edited by GIHOSU; 08-01-2016 at 08:10 PM.
Old 08-01-2016, 10:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by GIHOSU
I added the UM740 bulk head to the mix, I also waited for the Kyosho 3 gear parts, my gear box has to be as smooth and quiet as possible.

You have a sweet setup for the rear body mount, that I have to try.

I got the UM740 bulk head as well. I might use the bulk head when I get another body as the body mount positions will be slightly different. It would be interesting to see how the truck will handle putting the shocks in front of the tower instead of on the rear of the tower.

I went to my local track tonight to see how the Kyosho 3 gear would perform. I must say that it is buttery smooth and quiet, the way it should be. The only setup change I made was to decrease the EPA on the brakes since the 3 gear provides stronger braking power. Other than that, my SC6 was dialed in, more stable in the sweepers, and I turned consistent faster laps. Jumping was also flatter and more predictable.

Ya, I would recommend trying the rear motor body mount as I have it configured. It allows you to run more SCT bodies.
Old 08-04-2016, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

My SC6 is really pushing in on power tighter turns. Any suggestions. I am running mid motor config, Track hard packed dirt, thus dusty lots of the time.
Old 08-04-2016, 10:13 AM
Tech Adept

Anybody have any experience running the Kyosho White Rear Springs (XGS035)? My rear shocks are Gold Springs/AE 30 oil/5 hole pistons. I wonder if the white springs will induce more body roll? I am looking to see if I can increase rear traction a bit. I just installed the Kyosho 3 gear standup transmission and am doing some fine tuning. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks!
Old 08-04-2016, 10:16 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Norse
My SC6 is really pushing in on power tighter turns. Any suggestions. I am running mid motor config, Track hard packed dirt, thus dusty lots of the time.
How are the front shocks positioned on the tower and arms? What spring/pistons/oil are you using in/on the shocks? How much camber?

Last edited by rbk1115; 08-04-2016 at 10:40 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.