Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Biggest Baddest Brushless on the planet!! >

Biggest Baddest Brushless on the planet!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Biggest Baddest Brushless on the planet!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DsWright
Well, i have swapped boards between those brands. I run brushless hobbies now and have for some time because again, they are all the same ESC, the only difference is the software package.

You can use the HW handheld programmer on any of them to change basic settings(to clarify through sensor port and attached to pc), been a while since i have done that, but it was possible. I see no reason it would be different now.

Reason for the difference in specs, and i'll admit i am speculating here, might be the conditions they are tested in. same way 50c in one battery might be more like 30c in another brand.

There are really very few OEM manufacturers for our stuff, the difference is now those manufacturers don't seem to have exclusive agreements anymore and sell to many brands.

Good answer . ^.

And this thread is pointless ...
Old 01-20-2014, 05:55 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BillyT.
The 80C IP pack is more like 100. No where does it say the max C rating is 80. It just says this pack is *at least* 80c.

IP says we are going to sell this pack direct, but we will advertise a lower spec, to make your pack more appealing to certain buyers at that higher price point.

Same goes for Orion>HobbyWing>HobbyKing ESCs. Certain models are literally the same ESC. With only the specs *on paper* being different. Orion banks on this agreement, that you will pay extra for the ESC rated at 130/900 over the cheaper ESC that says it's only rated to 120/760. The HK version of this particular ESC only has a burst of 600, but the constant is still 120. It would cost them more to use different internals to build this ESC than to just say it has different internals and build them all to the same spec.

Reality is, that all three share the same specs, all to the highest advertised.

This is why you have Lexus and Toyota, Acura and Honda, Infiniti and Nissan, etc etc etc... Atoyota those cars, in Japan, are just Hondas, Toyotas and Nissans... No one wants a $70,000 Toyota

I understand that people that spend 200 bucks on a lipo or 300 on an ESC want to believe that the one they have is somehow more superior to the cheaper lower spec'd "clone", but that just isn't the case.

I use Turnigy Lipos.

I won't order anything that isn't in the US warehouse. Usually gets here in about 3-4 days.
Again non of this was about my original point but o well. So then your saying that the rating is a lie. My point was the perceived extra your paying for I.e...customer services. Your also forgetting that some times the higher priced ones may meet higher spec. That's part of the quality control, I was taking about earlier.

Your point about the Lexus vs Toyota or infinity vs Nissan is kinda silly while they are owned by the same corporation I can't think of any models that are the same. Example 350z and g35 share maybe a few parts but you can see that a g35 is a luxury version of a 350z(if you squint)
Old 01-20-2014, 05:59 PM
Tech Initiate

$70000 Toyota I wish 200s land cruiser starts from $78000 where I come from then goes up dramatically from there.

But back on topic

The op has built something he wanted to share in probably not the best way but he was proud of what he did and all that its turned into is hate for a battery that works for him.

The you get for what you pay for argument in a lot of cases only works if you buying products to show everyone you have endless supply of money.

Yes you can buy cheap crap and it is cheap crap but sometimes you can buy less expensive things from a company trying to make their mark in the world.

I use products biased on what I can afford at the time and what I have seen/been recommended by friends and if it suits my application.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NTwood
$70000 Toyota I wish 200s land cruiser starts from $78000 where I come from then goes up dramatically from there.

But back on topic

The op has built something he wanted to share in probably not the best way but he was proud of what he did and all that its turned into is hate for a battery that works for him.

The you get for what you pay for argument in a lot of cases only works if you buying products to show everyone you have endless supply of money.

Yes you can buy cheap crap and it is cheap crap but sometimes you can buy less expensive things from a company trying to make their mark in the world.

I use products biased on what I can afford at the time and what I have seen/been recommended by friends and if it suits my application.
Well done sir. The most useful post in this thread.

Now can I have the last few minutes of my life back? I just read this thread from start to finish, RCTech strikes again!
Old 01-20-2014, 06:57 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

yep