R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Team Associated RC10 B5m Mid-Motor & Rear Motor Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/780905-team-associated-rc10-b5m-mid-motor-rear-motor-thread.html)

Wildcat1971 03-12-2014 01:49 PM

omfg, its at $70 shipped? WHY

nordfink 03-12-2014 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by racer1812 (Post 13090683)
Just a question..How many stock racers, posting in here, need all this light weight stuff to keep up? All that money spent just so you can go as fast as the next guy. Why? because he's spending all that money to go that little bit faster. You all run a FULL main without a mistake? I can see doing it if you can make the A or B main in Stock at the Nats, but other than that I just don't get it:confused:

And that's all I'm saying, I just don't get spending all the money and worrying about this weight and that weight when it's all washed away with one pipe hit or marshal.:weird:

I raced stock/spec classes for years. mainly because it was all we had. Now, I would never do it.

How many "mod" racers need all the extra parts we all buy?

Barge 03-12-2014 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 (Post 13090880)

well at least it's more than just the arms.

I have a set of the straight arms but that's it.

gticlay 03-12-2014 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 (Post 13090877)
how well do the pucks hold up? the plastic piece.

The guy who won our 17.5 blinky class this year ran the pucks all season long, including multiple practice days. The same ones, the same plastic, etc. Zero wear. Yes it's an indoor clean clay track but zero wear. So if they wear, it'll be from nasty sandy abrasive outdoor dirt or something. Anyway, I believe the new pucks (plastic piece) are inexpensive to replace as well.

proraptor 03-12-2014 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by rigor (Post 13090261)
On my way into the office. I'll give further details once I get there. I am lucky enough to be in OC and see a lot of pro drivers at OCRC regularly.

My b5m's maiden voyage was at LRH and I experienced the rear end get super loose in haripin turns also. I was thinking of adding a little weight in the rear end. Other than that the care is a missile around the track. Works awesome!

kawi650 03-12-2014 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by gticlay (Post 13090887)
The guy who won our 17.5 blinky class this year ran the pucks all season long, including multiple practice days. The same ones, the same plastic, etc. Zero wear. Yes it's an indoor clean clay track but zero wear. So if they wear, it'll be from nasty sandy abrasive outdoor dirt or something. Anyway, I believe the new pucks (plastic piece) are inexpensive to replace as well.

I asked some guys who run them on the center of their SCTEs and they said 3-4 race days. I know its a completely different use but the answer is somewhere between 3 races and all season. :p

Cpt.America 03-12-2014 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by racer1812 (Post 13090683)
Just a question..How many stock racers, posting in here, need all this light weight stuff to keep up? All that money spent just so you can go as fast as the next guy. Why? because he's spending all that money to go that little bit faster. You all run a FULL main without a mistake? I can see doing it if you can make the A or B main in Stock at the Nats, but other than that I just don't get it:confused:

And that's all I'm saying, I just don't get spending all the money and worrying about this weight and that weight when it's all washed away with one pipe hit or marshal.:weird:

I raced stock/spec classes for years. mainly because it was all we had. Now, I would never do it.

Sometimes it isn't about gaining some microscopic amount of speed out of a car. But fine tuning the overall weight of the car I think is the most under-used setup component out there. Heavier cars react slower, but have more grip. Lighter cars have less grip, but react faster. Even in stock, it isn't necessarily about having a car as light as you can get it, it's about having the "right" weight for the track conditions.... sometimes lighter, sometimes heavier.

I have run my stock buggy right at the weight minimum... sure the car feels like im running a 13.5, but the car becomes less predictable, and generates noticeably less traction, all else being equal.

The problem with just swapping batteries, is that unless you have a STACK of them that vary by 10 or 20 grams, it doesn't do you much good to go from shorty to fullsized because that is typically 100grams difference. If you want to change your weight by only 50grams, you gotta drop to a shorty and add 50 grams with something else.

In my experience, heavier cars produce better lap times on loose tracks, and lighter cars produce better lap times on high traction tracks. (if you can handle their snap).

-cpt.

gticlay 03-12-2014 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by kawi650 (Post 13090911)
I asked some guys who run them on the center of their SCTEs and they said 3-4 race days. I know its a completely different use but the answer is somewhere between 3 races and all season. :p

Yeah, slightly different use than the B5 RM :nod:

roundguy 03-12-2014 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by chancejeff (Post 13090539)
Finally got the wiring finished so now time to get out and practice!

No sensor wire....

mof 03-12-2014 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Sean Cochran (Post 13085624)
The first number is toe the second is anti squat.

Also for anyone who has mentioned the shaft rubbing the gear cover.
We are aware that some motors rub the cover and we are making a running change to add some more clearance.

As I am one of those that has this problem, is there any estimate on when he change is made, and if there is a way to make sure that if I order a spare gear cover it will be the new version?

predu 03-12-2014 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971 (Post 13090880)

yeah with prices getting that high you might as well buy another kit for spares

lee111m 03-12-2014 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by gticlay (Post 13090887)

Thats one reason I'm interested in the new pucks for mods. Its cheaper replacing the pucks than new bones.

aloksatoor 03-12-2014 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X (Post 13090878)
What the Hell did he just say! :confused::D

hehe I choose to spend $$ on the LW parts rather than new motors/batts

tropmonky 03-12-2014 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by predu (Post 13090967)
yeah with prices getting that high you might as well buy another kit for spares

YUP! Pretty much what I did.

bilster44 03-12-2014 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by tropmonky (Post 13090845)
WOOOOW, I'm guessing some people must be HARD up for some front A-arms!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=380857500806

I've been looking for some extra A-arms and NOBODY has gotten any. :flaming:

What a joke!