rc10 b5

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2013, 11:50 AM
Tech Adept

http://www.rccaraction.com/blog/2013...-new-b5-buggy/
Old 12-23-2013, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Perhaps the front will be just like the new rear blocks on the Kyosho and the new T.A. on-road car in that the blocks will be aluminum and you will just change the inserts to adjust width.?.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 127 (100%+)

Interesting....

It can take saddles or a shorty and also do rear or mid motor, this I've got to see.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:09 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

It should probably fit their new square battery pack shouldn't it?
Old 12-23-2013, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kraig
It should probably fit their new square battery pack shouldn't it?
I bet it will be able to use the new battery. But from what I read on another thread according to ROAR rules a car must be designed to except saddle packs.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The guy who wrote this blog can only speculate...he is no wiser than the rest of us.

Sure, with technology today it will most likely be an alum chassis. You can see the gull wing arms and big bores.

He has no idea if it will be able to switch b/w MM to RM with "ease." He admits its a guess. With the new serpent and Yoko being MM dedicated, my "bet" is that it will require a rear clip built up, and it won't be included in a kit like the 22 or KYO.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fantomdude
I bet it will be able to use the new battery. But from what I read on another thread according to ROAR rules a car must be designed to except saddle packs.
Hideeho
The new square pack is the exact size of a saddle pack placed side by side, so it is roar legal.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by skrichter
The guy who wrote this blog can only speculate...he is no wiser than the rest of us.

Sure, with technology today it will most likely be an alum chassis. You can see the gull wing arms and big bores.

He has no idea if it will be able to switch b/w MM to RM with "ease." He admits its a guess. With the new serpent and Yoko being MM dedicated, my "bet" is that it will require a rear clip built up, but it won't be included in a kit like the 22 or KYO.

Car Action has not been a valid media source for quite a long time (for me).
Old 12-23-2013, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Waflet
Hideeho
I had an interesting thought after conecting some dots. A few of the references about the new car (b5?) seem to indicate a mm car. A few weeks ago someone from xfactory (youngchaz?, speedydad?) made a comment about something really big coming for xfactory. I wonder if the AE car is the cubed re-worked to fit what AE wants? It would not be the 1st time AE has done this (bj4-b44) for a race design, & fits what they have done recently (several of the new cars launched last year were tt designs rebadged).

Just some food for thought with the disaclaimer that I have no inside info or conections to anyone from xfactory or AE.
I wonder if Paul and Chazz licensed their design to AE?
Old 12-23-2013, 12:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JiuHaWong
I wonder if Paul and Chazz licensed their design to AE?
Hideeho
That's exactly what I was thinking. I don't think you could get any bigger news than that for xfactory. Picture an xfactory rear end with the pictured update of the AE front end.

It will be very interesting to see what AE does with the chassis if this is what the buggy is. Plastic? CF? Aluminum? A plastic chassis with a full length (bulkhead to bulkhead) top brace (CF?) with removable stays to change the flex would be SO fun to play with! This kind of setup should work everywhere from a low traction surface all the way through super high traction carpet.

A deal like this would also explain why so few cubes have been getting to distributors. The really telling thing will be when AE releases a pic like the one of the front, but of the rear. THAT is the picture I'm waiting to see!
Old 12-23-2013, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Hideeho
That's exactly what I was thinking. I don't think you could get any bigger news than that for xfactory. Picture an xfactory rear end with the pictured update of the AE front end.

It will be very interesting to see what AE does with the chassis if this is what the buggy is. Plastic? CF? Aluminum? A plastic chassis with a full length (bulkhead to bulkhead) top brace (CF?) with removable stays to change the flex would be SO fun to play with! This kind of setup should work everywhere from a low traction surface all the way through super high traction carpet.

A deal like this would also explain why so few cubes have been getting to distributors. The really telling thing will be when AE releases a pic like the one of the front, but of the rear. THAT is the picture I'm waiting to see!

I read somewhere xfactory is briging out their own car and that was the big news.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BRSracing
I read somewhere xfactory is briging out their own car and that was the big news.
Hideeho
They are coming out with an x-7 (4wd belt, driven buggy using b4?! difs & out drives) that will be a complete in house built car rather than a converstion kit. Now that you mention it, I do seem to recall a comment about them making everything in house starting with the x-7. So, I might be off the mark about an AE-xfactory tie in. It would be pretty cool though.
Old 12-23-2013, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skrichter

He has no idea if it will be able to switch b/w MM to RM with "ease." He admits its a guess. With the new serpent and Yoko being MM dedicated, my "bet" is that it will require a rear clip built up, and it won't be included in a kit like the 22 or KYO.
Not trying to stir anything up here at all, but, I have known Aaron for the better part of 13 years and he knows almost everyone in the industry being a factory driver for Team Losi back in the early 2000's...in saying that if there's anyone to have some credibility on knowing about it, it's him.

But you are correct, everything until it's released is an educated guess.

TK
Old 12-23-2013, 02:40 PM
Tech Initiate

Hideeho
The new square pack is the exact size of a saddle pack placed side by side, so it is roar legal.
The maximum width for a 2s lipo battery is 47mm by ROAR's rules.
The square Reedy battery is way beyond that so it is illegal for ROAR sanctioned races.

8.3.2.3.3 The maximum 2s brick/stick case::
Length: 139mm
Width: 47mm
Height: 25.1mm
8.3.2.3.4 The maximum 2s saddle case:
Length: 139mm to be measured as two packs end to end as a maximum
Width: 47mm
Height: 25.1mm

Very excited to see the new car! Happy holidays everyone!
Old 12-23-2013, 04:31 PM
Tech Initiate

I learned about 4 pages into this thread to never click on any link that JiuHaWong posts, no matter how tempting the title.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.