Wiki Posts
Search

rc10 b5

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2013, 05:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BRSracing
True could be nothing more than demand higher than stock.... but you never know.
Tower says "on order". I hope it is just Xmas demand and all other things mentioned. I don't want a B5 for another year, I can't justify buying a new one at the moment!
Old 12-18-2013, 03:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
I vote we get rid of miles, lbs and gallons also. Death to the American system of measurement. lets all be like Europe, no more deodorant or women shaving their legs. /sarcasm off. Lol, man you guys really love those metric screws. I was the reverse with tools. I have has SAE tools since the 80's. Now I am buying all metric tools for the new cars. The SAE screws are fine, but I care less if they go to metric. Heck, I would just be happy with a b4.3 with better quality parts and fit/finish. BTW, 3mm screws weight more than 4-40 for the same length. But hey, if I can do 90% of my car with one, hex, that is cool too. But its just not a selling point for me, more like a bonus feature.
The metric system is a internationally agreed system of measurement devised in 1799, the USA is alone using SAE...
It's not your fault and more power to you if you're using SAE hardware you have all the right to like them but the rest of the world doesn't need another standard and you are the minority soooo....
Well you can't have more quality from TTR.
Old 12-18-2013, 04:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Not true, GB and Australia also use the SAE system to an extent in a few sectors.
Old 12-18-2013, 07:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 30Tooth
The metric system is a internationally agreed system of measurement devised in 1799, the USA is alone using SAE...
It's not your fault and more power to you if you're using SAE hardware you have all the right to like them but the rest of the world doesn't need another standard and you are the minority soooo....
Well you can't have more quality from TTR.
The US caters to minoritys.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:53 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

My car is dialed!!!!!
"My car is in a satisfactory state of adjustment to track conditions and physical wear condition of its components. "

It's way easier to say "dialed". What word do others use?

Originally Posted by predu
The US caters to minoritys.
Do we know how much business AE does outside of the US? We may be the majority for them.
Old 12-18-2013, 09:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Funny how the only thing to cry about with the b4 is slop and hardware. Guess there is always something to argue about...
Old 12-18-2013, 10:05 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

The b4 is a very good car. The slope never bothered me, well just the rear alum hubs. The front arms are more fragile than the 22 or rb6, but no so fragile that your replacing them non stop. My only issue with the b4 was that I could never get it right with the BB shocks, lol. IMO it was best with the v2 shocks and bb springs. And the car was too twitchy for me. Not that there is anything wrong with that, many people like the responsive feel. I prefer something more forgiving. I think the b4 is a great car, but just not for me at this time. i AM KINDA HOPING THE B5 IS A LITTLE MORE FORGIVING TO DRIVE AND WILL BE MORE FOR MY DRIVING STYLE. CAPS. But, AE has always seemed to like cars that drive on the edge. Which for the pros, it probably very good.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

I vote we get rid of miles, lbs and gallons also. Death to the American system of measurement. lets all be like Europe, no more deodorant or women shaving their legs. /sarcasm off. Lol, man you guys really love those metric screws.
No hatin on the Wildcat, tis a popular opinion.....but
The imperial measurement system is shared only by territories of the old GB, it is an unnecessary appendage of a dead method, I also have plenty of SAE tools, for 1:1 cars, and they sit around in the box all day, it's so rare that I have to go to the toolbox for a standard wrench that we joke about it when it happens. Obviously 30 years ago it was the opposite, but there's no going back, because there's no reason to go back. It's a ridiculous way to measure things, 5280 ft in a mile, 12 in to a foot, then we start measuring in 1/32 and 1/64 of this odd measuring block just to get to the size we actually want. Not to mention 4-40, 8-32 and all the other ridiculous threads in this size range.

The real difference is that only in the good ol US of A do the citizens not actually understand the measurement that has become world standard. I assure you an Englishman can understand weight in Stones, Pounds or Kilos, as will most if not all Aussies, only we refuse to keep with the times.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by krawlingxj
Funny how the only thing to cry about with the b4 is slop and hardware. Guess there is always something to argue about...
No, there's the joke of a slipper on the first one, the cheap Avid knock off to fix the problem, the fact that the best transmission topshaft for the AE trans isn't made by AE, also made by Avid. The V2 shocks sucked in all regards, the BB's seem good, but it's really the springs, put those springs on some real shocks and feel the goodness.

The B4 is a good car because of JC and Avid, not AE, they just pounded out another buggy with homework from the prior cars (before the TT buyout) and copied the hop ups everyone else made for it. I never had to buy third party hop ups for my T2, TC3 etc, cars before TT.

I have a Blitz, it's retired now, but love the truck. The SC10 diff fits with only a couple shims. So I threw a SC10 diff in it to lower rotational mass. The garbage AE calls diff gear material was so noisy and wore so quickly it was out in I think 2 race days. If I put the HPI gear on the same diff, problem solved (same gear size, pitch, everything -- both MIP diffs, just each company spec'd different materials)

I never thought I'd see the day when AE was outdone by HPI, this is why I waste my precious free time, hoping there's one real engineer over there, getting feedback from whatever intern has the job of keeping his ear to the ground, actually putting the work in to make the best car in the world.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:33 AM
Tech Regular

Personally I like sae hardware better. The hex heads and wrenches have much tighter tolerances. A brand new metric screw and wrench has a surprising amount of play in it already. Sae screws are a much snugger fit in my experience.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by krawlingxj
Oh yeah, and the shotty ball cups, chincy alum turnbuckles, and grind-o-rific bearings

OK I'm done now
Old 12-18-2013, 10:56 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

the old metric vs. SAE "debate".....I'm 50/50

I don't like threading the finer pitch of metric into NEW plastic parts compared to SAE, but I do like the fact that a 2mm wrench fits 95%+ of the screws on a car that uses metric hardware.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)
Default Wows...

Originally Posted by Adamska27
No, there's the joke of a slipper on the first one, the cheap Avid knock off to fix the problem, the fact that the best transmission topshaft for the AE trans isn't made by AE, also made by Avid. The V2 shocks sucked in all regards, the BB's seem good, but it's really the springs, put those springs on some real shocks and feel the goodness.

The B4 is a good car because of JC and Avid, not AE, they just pounded out another buggy with homework from the prior cars (before the TT buyout) and copied the hop ups everyone else made for it. I never had to buy third party hop ups for my T2, TC3 etc, cars before TT.

I have a Blitz, it's retired now, but love the truck. The SC10 diff fits with only a couple shims. So I threw a SC10 diff in it to lower rotational mass. The garbage AE calls diff gear material was so noisy and wore so quickly it was out in I think 2 race days. If I put the HPI gear on the same diff, problem solved (same gear size, pitch, everything -- both MIP diffs, just each company spec'd different materials)

I never thought I'd see the day when AE was outdone by HPI, this is why I waste my precious free time, hoping there's one real engineer over there, getting feedback from whatever intern has the job of keeping his ear to the ground, actually putting the work in to make the best car in the world.
So based on your thoughts, the AE cars are not any good without all the Avid and JC upgrades...
Honestly, many people spend way too much money on upgrades with big promises rather than just getting to the track and driving and dialing in the setup.

I can place in the top spots of most club races in our area and when I am not able to the last thing I honestly think would help much would be a bunch of bling and upgrades. My B4.2 and SC10.2 have little to no upgrades other than RPM Ball Ends and some Carbon AE parts... If I can't win with what I have now, it is a driver or setup issue that more shiny or expensive parts will not solve!

Just my 2 cents worth.

Alan
Old 12-18-2013, 11:16 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

bah, at least Philips metric is not the standard, lol. man I hated 8th scales 12 years ago.

@Adam
The turnbuckles are titanium, not alum

@jfuel Yeah, none of those upgrades lowered my laptimes. Not the alum rack, triad, hexes or even carbon parts. I liked the toplate and ubrace because they held up better against stripping screws. I am pretty much done with "upgrades" unless it fixed a durability issue.
Old 12-18-2013, 11:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JFuel11
So based on your thoughts, the AE cars are not any good without all the Avid and JC upgrades...
Honestly, many people spend way too much money on upgrades with big promises rather than just getting to the track and driving and dialing in the setup.

I can place in the top spots of most club races in our area and when I am not able to the last thing I honestly think would help much would be a bunch of bling and upgrades. My B4.2 and SC10.2 have little to no upgrades other than RPM Ball Ends and some Carbon AE parts... If I can't win with what I have now, it is a driver or setup issue that more shiny or expensive parts will not solve!

Just my 2 cents worth.

Alan

Crazy talk! Top Shafts win races!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.