Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Cougar KF!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 01:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jw_rooster
I did some testing today and tried running 3 degrees neg camber...it did seem to help. I was able to run enough laps to get my tires broken in to a much more usable state and I saw lap times as good as I had been running with my SV2 begin to come around by the end of the session. I also added weight on top of the rear camber link plate as much as 1.5 oz and settled on .5 oz I am still running the gear diff with the 12,500 oil and plan to try some other weights soon, but I like the way it drives right now. This car jumps extremely well and is very stable. Corner speed through long sweeping sections is superb.
I tested with running a set-up from Tom Cockerill for wet, greasy astro and was doing fairly well. That set up had 1* rear camber on it, after practise and 1 heat, I turned this up to 3* camber and the difference was very noticeable.

Corners where on exit the risk of over steer coming in were completely removed and meant that mid to exit corner speeds could be kept 20 - 40% higher depending on the tightness of the corner

Definitely keeping with 3* from now on until environmental grip levels come
Old 01-12-2014, 03:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just wondering if anyone else has a small amount of play in the spur shaft? Mine has a small amount but it seems like just enough so that it makes the car cog a tiny bit on when starting from a stand still
Old 01-12-2014, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jesseh
Just wondering if anyone else has a small amount of play in the spur shaft? Mine has a small amount but it seems like just enough so that it makes the car cog a tiny bit on when starting from a stand still
I have noticed it. Seems to make the pinion/spur mesh have tight/loose spots. You need to play with the mesh to find the happy medium. I also compared it to another KF on my track so its pretty normal it seems. Its a very small amount, but it is there.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

On properly broken in tires and with a few more laps on the KF, I manged a tie for 1st in mod buggy and with the tie breaker a 2nd overall. My fastest lap was a 16.9 which was my previous best with the SV2, so I am definitely seeing the potential to get even better with more time on the KF. Keep in mind that I am running the car nearly box stock other than 25 wt oil in the shocks and a 1.8 rear spring. Rear shocks all the way inside on tower and 1/2 oz on the rear camber plate....that's it, the rest is kit setup!!! This car is DIALED guys.
You running on carpet?
Old 01-12-2014, 10:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Walkman
You running on carpet?
Med to high bite clay
Old 01-12-2014, 10:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

This is our track
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Cougar KF!!!-img_25922934686688.jpeg  
Old 01-12-2014, 01:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jesseh
Are you talking about axial play (side to side), radial (like duff bearings) or rotational play like excessive backlash?
Old 01-12-2014, 05:11 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It seems to have side to side play, Only a very small amount but it seems like just enough to make it have that small issue when initial mesh from a stand still, I'll have a play around with the mesh and see if I can tune it out a little. Awesome car to drive though! I just ordered a K1 aero to go with it
Old 01-13-2014, 06:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Did some testing today on a carpet off road track and was really hooked up. Amazing corner speed and the car inspired confidence to drive hard. Still same base setup and car felt great. This car definitely shines on carpet, but has also been working extremely well on clay. All I did was lower ride height to 18 mm and moved rear shock out to middle hole on tower. Ran yellow mini pins and low pro cut stagger...dialed
Old 01-13-2014, 09:46 PM
Tech Regular

What is the belt pitch on the KF?
Old 01-14-2014, 02:22 PM
Tech Regular

I tried the high inertia side gears U3861 and U3866 and found this also helped with rear traction, this was on wet and greasy astro. I could nail the throttle without any real issues whereas with the standard side gears I had to feed in the power otherwise the car could swap ends.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default SV2 / KF

I have an SV2 and really like it...

Is the purpose of the KF to replace the SV2 or is it just a different weapon on high grip tracks?
Old 01-16-2014, 07:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by celt
I have an SV2 and really like it...

Is the purpose of the KF to replace the SV2 or is it just a different weapon on high grip tracks?
I also have an SV2 and really like it as well. I would never let my KF completely replace my SV2, because in my experience it simply has more rear traction for lower grip tracks. It seems to me that Schumacher gives us a choice of platforms for specialized purposes across their range. With that being said, I have gotten the KF to work quite well on med/high bite clay and then turned around and ran it on carpet the next day...
Old 01-16-2014, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I also have an SV2 and really like it as well. I would never let my KF completely replace my SV2, because in my experience it simply has more rear traction for lower grip tracks. It seems to me that Schumacher gives us a choice of platforms for specialized purposes across their range. With that being said, I have gotten the KF to work quite well on med/high bite clay and then turned around and ran it on carpet the next day...
Thanks for the quick response Josh...

Think I'll get the 12mm hex conversion for my SV2 and accidentally drop a "KF" in my basket as well.
Old 01-16-2014, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Im thinking of picking up a older SVR or SV2 used for my son to replace his B4.2, that way we can share some spare parts!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.