best 1;8th buggy out of these brands???

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best 1;8th buggy out of these brands???

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2005, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

Default best 1;8th buggy out of these brands???

hi guys i am going to sell my nitro tourer and i am planning on getting a nitro buggy. which 1;8th buggy would you recommend? i want to get a RTR kit if possible with engine and radio but will consider just a car and engine if it is a top of the line car.

i am looking at the following cars:

-new xray XB8 is it worth it? and what motor? i want a midle of the roads motor for any non motor kits)
-GS storm pro kit (i work at a hobby shop and can get these at cost price but i want to know if they are good?)
-THE NEW GS AVENGER rtr is it good? AGAIN, ARE THE PARTS GOOD QUALITY?
-mugen mbx5 (what motor should i get with it?)
-castor racing buggy. i heard these are ok.

i don't want kyosho, thanks can't get parts for them.

i will be racing the buggy but i am not going to do any really crazy competitive stuff, just for fun. club racing etc. so i want a motor that is amid range motor, good quality reasonable speed but not super dooper costs
Old 07-04-2005, 05:43 AM
alb
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Sportwerks Mayhem. Either Pro ARR, or the regular ARR then upgrade pice by piece. Parts are very inexpensive and the are carried by Horizon so parts are very easy to obtain.
Oh, the car is good to. TONS of steering, rear traction, and stable.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by alb
Sportwerks Mayhem. Either Pro ARR, or the regular ARR then upgrade pice by piece. Parts are very inexpensive and the are carried by Horizon so parts are very easy to obtain.
Oh, the car is good to. TONS of steering, rear traction, and stable.
i live in australia though and there is no distributor for it.

i've seen it on rc shack but what do you mean by upgrade peice by peice? is there a pro version all in one kit?

again, i would prefer one of the brands on my lists as these are the easiest to get parts for and the ones i have my eye on the most.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:25 AM
Tech Elite

alb beat me to it! Mayhem Pro is the car to get. It comes with a very competitive engine, parts are cheap and the car handles very well. I raced one last season then found a real good deal on a brand new Kyosho K3 so I sold the Mayhem. I've been racing it but I'm going to sell it and get a Mayhem Pro again. The car is that good!
Old 07-04-2005, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GregH
alb beat me to it! Mayhem Pro is the car to get. It comes with a very competitive engine, parts are cheap and the car handles very well. I raced one last season then found a real good deal on a brand new Kyosho K3 so I sold the Mayhem. I've been racing it but I'm going to sell it and get a Mayhem Pro again. The car is that good!
ok fair enough, is there a version that comes with all the carbon parts? i visited the horizon site but couldn't find it.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

If you have to get one of the cars you mentioned, go with the XB8R. It's less money but has everything to be competitive. You'll need an engine. Maybe a OS RG(P) would be your best bet if you budget minded. Great power for a sport engine.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Here's a link to the car you would want to get. http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByC...ProdID=SWK1100
Old 07-04-2005, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GregH
Here's a link to the car you would want to get. http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByC...ProdID=SWK1100
so what is your opinion on the GS cars?
Old 07-04-2005, 07:36 AM
Tech Regular

out of the list given, the XB8 and the MBX5 are the better buggies, hands down. You can not go wrong with either of the two. They both handle similar, both very adjustable and extremely durable.
Old 07-04-2005, 08:39 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default storm cl-1

The new GS storm CL-1 is coming out soon. The team drivers have used it the last three months, and did very well. They used some parts from the avenger and made new A arms that brings the car back to the old storm pro base platform. the avenger was a flop!!!!

(CL) Claude Lachat helped design this car. The car seems to have a similar design to the old storm pro, but its mostly new so parts will not interchange, but some parts will with the avenger.
Old 07-04-2005, 06:22 PM
Tech Elite

hey venomworldorder,
the best is you just pick which ever you like and can easier got the sparepart. nowdays all car are the best and most of them is using new technology. on this thread, the xb8 drivers will tell xb8 is the best, the mayhem drivers will tell mayhem the best and the ferrari drivers will tell ferrari is the best. what you got is only headache and feel like a very big stone sitting on your head...

Last edited by arghh; 07-04-2005 at 06:57 PM.
Old 07-04-2005, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

Hey venomworldorder,

You should go to this web site www.nitrobuggies.com and ask your questions there, this is an australian based web site, i have run 1:8th before and i had a mugen mbx5 and that car was really good handled very well and was a ver well engineered car, i also had a Rex 421B motor, i believe that you don't need anything more than one of these, it had everything the top of the range JP has, and not to forget the good fuel economy about 12 and a half mins out of a tank of fuel. So if you ask your questions there, it may help you a bit more. Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Adam
Old 07-04-2005, 11:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I also faced the same problem about one month ago. I was deciding between kyosho 777 sp1 and Xray XB8. In the end, I chose XB8 due to better craftsmanship and parts supply. Kyosho 777 is just hard to find spare parts. And, I am reluctant to shop overseas. On the other hand, just in my local area (both online and LHS), Xray XB8 parts are easy to find.
Old 07-05-2005, 01:24 AM
Tech Regular

Hi ADZY...

Wow you managed to get 12.5 mins from your Rex 421B Turbo... Is it with the smalllest carb restrictor which i think is 6mm ?

I had the Nova 421B and have to agree this motor's power is fantastic... though not so great when my buggy topples upside down...

Thanks for sharing !

Old 07-05-2005, 04:15 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by VenomWorldOrder
i live in australia though and there is no distributor for it.

i've seen it on rc shack but what do you mean by upgrade peice by peice? is there a pro version all in one kit?

again, i would prefer one of the brands on my lists as these are the easiest to get parts for and the ones i have my eye on the most.
in sydney the 3 major brands where you will be able to get parts for at the track are

Mugen
Xray and
Kyosho

So you prob should buy one of those three, otherwise you will need to stock up on parts and have to start from scratch with setup advice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.