Wiki Posts
Search

Team C TM4 4wd Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2014, 01:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
I believe you are talking about the old Caster design...which IMO was crap. The new 2 pc while not really groundbreaking or innovative is MUCH more functional.

Say what you want but that center cluster is just another slight derivative of those designs AE, Caster, HB or whoever.

That said I like a lot of the things I see in your build there. Shorty, CF top plates, the outdrives look good. I wasn't intending to knock the Team C car at all. Looks nice to me.
Have you seen a TC lately? EVERY car has the same exact design, in fact most parts are interchangeable! My point is that a good design is one that works regardless off how many pieces or if its similar to another companies car. At the end of the day there are only so many ways to mount a motor or design a slipper system. EVERY center cluster comes from somewhere, no one said the Team C design was anything other than new to what we had on the other car and that it is!

Its all good man, no worries! no matter what design it is we still have to drive it
Old 01-28-2014, 01:22 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by AlderBoy
Shoot, not ROAR legal if shorty is the only battery option.
They changed that rule months ago, we went through that with the TM2 and it ran almost every major ROAR event last year.

Originally Posted by mydudrevo
I'm pretty sure it can accept saddles as well. Just flip the motor mount.

I guess you could probably do that but really no point, The TM4 ran at the worlds in its current configuration. You cant run anything other than saddles in the new Losi because of the belt so by old rules its not legal either!
Old 01-28-2014, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

the local FedEx depot has my buggy, pick it up tongiht and start the build, can't wait,
Old 01-28-2014, 02:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
They changed that rule months ago, we went through that with the TM2 and it ran almost every major ROAR event last year.

I guess you could probably do that but really no point, The TM4 ran at the worlds in its current configuration. You cant run anything other than saddles in the new Losi because of the belt so by old rules its not legal either!
You have the rules backwards I believe. It has to accept a saddle to be legal. Not a shorty.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:05 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by mydudrevo
You have the rules backwards I believe. It has to accept a saddle to be legal. Not a shorty.
Rules states that it is up to a max dimension for said chassis but they do not specify what that dimension is! Any mid motor 2wd buggy cannot run full size packs nor can any 4wd buggies, typical ROAR grey area. I think this is what they ran into. The new HB is limited too from what i hear as well as the new Xray 2wd mid and Rumor has it that Serpent will be the same way.
either way the rule no longer exist, both of these cars are ROAR legal.

Last edited by MantisWorx; 01-28-2014 at 03:24 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:06 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by locked
I believe the rule was created specifically so that companies don't design cars that will only fit shorties.
Not shorties specifically. I think the rule predates short packs. The spirit of the rule recognized that lipo shape was easy to change and therefore companies could create proprietary shapes and drive the prices up. Neat theory but in reality either the cost would turn people away or somebody would create a real advantage, the platform would become popular, and the aftermarket would provide a less expensive alternative, just like happened with Losi's shorty packs.

Now it just creates confusion.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Davidka
Not shorties specifically. I think the rule predates short packs. The spirit of the rule recognized that lipo shape was easy to change and therefore companies could create proprietary shapes and drive the prices up. Neat theory but in reality either the cost would turn people away or somebody would create a real advantage, the platform would become popular, and the aftermarket would provide a less expensive alternative, just like happened with Losi's shorty packs.

Now it just creates confusion.
+1
Old 01-29-2014, 06:26 AM
Tech Master

the rule allowed saddle packs, the rule was that the chassis must be able to accept a battery of a total length of whatever the dimension is, I think the total length is in an amendment somewhere, but when you lay a saddle pack end to end its the same total length of a standard pack which meets the total length requirement, it doesn't matter where the two peices are moutned and technically you could have 3 or 4 peices as long as their lengths added up to the required total. Its kind of like the old rule about 6 cell, you could have the 6 cells mounted in totally different areas but you could only have 6 total cells.

now whether or not this rule has been changed I have no idea, It should also be noted this is only for ROAR, IFMAR doens't have this rule which is why it didn't matter for the wolrds. I personally dont run any ROAR events so could care less,

I started my build last night and so fas so good, the machined orange parts on this thing are beautifull, and everything has fit perfect to this point, I've got a little binding in my rear diff I need to try and look at tonight, but I think thats just something got built wrong lol,
Old 01-29-2014, 10:30 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bobf24
the rule allowed saddle packs, the rule was that the chassis must be able to accept a battery of a total length of whatever the dimension is, I think the total length is in an amendment somewhere, but when you lay a saddle pack end to end its the same total length of a standard pack which meets the total length requirement, it doesn't matter where the two peices are moutned and technically you could have 3 or 4 peices as long as their lengths added up to the required total. Its kind of like the old rule about 6 cell, you could have the 6 cells mounted in totally different areas but you could only have 6 total cells.

now whether or not this rule has been changed I have no idea, It should also be noted this is only for ROAR, IFMAR doens't have this rule which is why it didn't matter for the wolrds. I personally dont run any ROAR events so could care less,

I started my build last night and so fas so good, the machined orange parts on this thing are beautifull, and everything has fit perfect to this point, I've got a little binding in my rear diff I need to try and look at tonight, but I think thats just something got built wrong lol,

Check and see if the rear center cvd is binding on the slipper outdrive.
Old 01-29-2014, 11:33 AM
Tech Master

I dont have the slipper in yet I'm just to the end of Bag B with the bulkheads bolted to the chasisis, It was free when the bulkhead was all bolted together outside of the car but when I bolted the bulkhead down it got a little tick in it, I'm thinking something just went a little off centre or maybe one shim to many or something dumb like that but I didn't really look at it last night,
Old 01-29-2014, 12:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I had to run 2 shims on the diff cup side and one on the gear side. Try that.
Old 01-30-2014, 05:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brrneon
I had to run 2 shims on the diff cup side and one on the gear side. Try that.
Exactly, i did the same front and rear and its nice and free, finally finished mine last night. This thing is a beast though, very well built
Old 01-30-2014, 06:00 AM
Tech Master

I had to run different shims front and rear for now, it will change once I run it though. my tick ended up being 1 too many shims under the pinnion gear so when I tightened the case on the bulkhead down the mesh was slightly too tight. problem is I stripped the screw holding the pinion on so I can't get the shim out lol, its just a small tick so it should wear in and be good to go till I can get time to drill out the screw, hopefully swap out the machined gears down the road
Old 01-30-2014, 08:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I just ordered one of these through my local shop who is a HRP dealer, cant wait! car looks awesome! I saw that it was ran at the worlds and maybe reedy race but cant find anything on how it did or what the drivers said about it. Is there any race info out there?
Old 01-30-2014, 03:01 PM
Tech Rookie

This is very little video or photos of this car as of yet. I just got my TM4 done today...just need to finalize tire inserts. My LHS ran out of my favourite AKA red inserts for the tracks I run at.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.