Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team C TM4 4wd Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2013, 05:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just making sure the car is ready for the release. Normal pre-production developments.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:38 PM
Tech Adept

any other info on this vehicle?
saw pre-orders on Evoloution hobbies.
My Mad Force VE has 14mm hexes.
this car seems to be on the level.
seems to be a nice influx of 4x4 buggies this year.
losi, hb, and this one seem to be the rides, but on a 4wheeler parts are the key before i will make a decision.

so now it's making the most inform choice and i just kike shorty packs better.
somethn' one of these can not except but will have more local readily available parts.
Old 01-10-2014, 07:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 93 (100%+)

What are you wanting to know about it? Hrp dist has picked up team c and will be the American distributor for kits and parts. Team drivers are working on getting there local hobby shops to start stocking team c so parts will be out there. Its hard to compare against some of the other buggies because I haven't physically seen them but I can tell you this new tm 4 will definatly be competitve and a quality piece. I just built the tc02 evo and I was more than pleased.
feel free to ask any questions and myself and my team mates will do what we canbto answer em
Old 01-25-2014, 09:00 PM
Tech Regular

Default tm4

I am interested in this buggy. Is there a link to any videos so we can see how it handles? How is the steering compared to others, in terms of responsiveness and oversteer/understeer? I don't know why this buggy is getting so little attention. Best looking 4wd I've seen.
Old 01-26-2014, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by latentspeed
I am interested in this buggy. Is there a link to any videos so we can see how it handles? How is the steering compared to others, in terms of responsiveness and oversteer/understeer? I don't know why this buggy is getting so little attention. Best looking 4wd I've seen.
Most of the team drivers are just starting to get em, i think there are a few being ran at the reedy race but it will take a little time for everyone to get em dialed in
Old 01-27-2014, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Teaser

Old 01-28-2014, 05:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by latentspeed
Mine will be finished today and maiden voyage will be saturday! I will post vids here:

http://www.youtube.com/user/Mantisworx?feature=mhee
Old 01-28-2014, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Does it come with machinded gear diffs?
Old 01-28-2014, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

I don't know how these companies interrelate but that motor mount and slipper support looks like it's right off of the Caster S10B V3 and earlier(not saying this car is a direct copy as there are some obvious differences). It really is a weak design and the newer 2 pc design that Caster is now using is WAY better.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Will this car have both saddle and shorty options?
Old 01-28-2014, 12:34 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Grasschopper
I don't know how these companies interrelate but that motor mount and slipper support looks like it's right off of the Caster S10B V3 and earlier(not saying this car is a direct copy as there are some obvious differences). It really is a weak design and the newer 2 pc design that Caster is now using is WAY better.
Not a copy, it is the design used off of the TS4 Sc. The T4 had a 2 pc eccentric design which was ok but had clearance issues with the taller "stock" gearing. I have been using the current design for a few weeks now and have had no issues at all. easy to adjust mesh and does not back off. How many innovative ways can you mount a motor! LOL If you want to be technical about it the Caster design comes from the old D3 and b44, nothing new or innovative from them either. Remember i used to drive for Caster and I actually built Mikes car for him!! And this car as well as the T4 are both higher quality especially the plastic formulation. TeamC is a much bigger company and has way more models including on road and nitro. With that along with very high level drivers( Oliver and Hugo) ultimately you end up with a better product.

Originally Posted by AlderBoy
Will this car have both saddle and shorty options?

Shorty only, the motor mounts longitudinal on the left with battery on the right.

I just finished my build, only thing left is electrics. I have built dozens upon dozens of TeamC kits and this one by far is Stephen's best work! The team drivers get the first run and then they are going to tweak a few things before the general public gets them. I love the insert adjustability on the front kick up as well as the rear anti-squat and toe. Droop screws are also a nice touch. 4mm towers will never break and having the ability to get the diff out with 4 screws is great for quick fluid changes. Only issue i came across was the rear center cvd is about 1mm too long and touches one of the outdrive screws so i belt sanded the CVD for clearance

Other than that its gorgeous!! Jason, mine did not come with the new gears, not sure if they are ready yet but Me as well as the rest of the team have been flooding the emails about it!!

Last edited by MantisWorx; 01-28-2014 at 12:50 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 12:39 PM
Tech Champion

I am starting off with the stock setup except with 2hole 2 stage and garodisc of course!
Old 01-28-2014, 12:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MantisWorx
Not a copy, it is the design used off of the TS4 Sc. The T4 had a 2 pc eccentric design which was ok but had clearance issues with the taller "stock" gearing. I have been using the current design for a few weeks now and have had no issues at all. easy to adjust mesh and does not back off. If you want to be technical about the the Caster design comes from the old D3 and b44, nothing new or innovative from them either. Remember i used to drive for Caster and I actually built Mikes car for him!! And this car as well as the T4 are both higher quality especially the plastic formulation. TeamC is a much bigger company and has way more models including on road and nitro. With that along with very high level drivers( Oliver and Hugo) ultimately you end up with a better product.
I believe you are talking about the old Caster design...which IMO was crap. The new 2 pc while not really groundbreaking or innovative is MUCH more functional.

Say what you want but that center cluster is just another slight derivative of those designs AE, Caster, HB or whoever.

That said I like a lot of the things I see in your build there. Shorty, CF top plates, the outdrives look good. I wasn't intending to knock the Team C car at all. Looks nice to me.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Shoot, not ROAR legal if shorty is the only battery option.
Old 01-28-2014, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure it can accept saddles as well. Just flip the motor mount.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.