Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2018, 12:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by racer x 1
Hey where sre you guys finding these online so cheap? I saw one a lonth or so back but havent been able to find it again.
Here is one:
HB D413 Roller
Bartman42 likes this.
Old 03-20-2018, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bcablig
Alright, I went to the track last night and got some laps in. The car definitely jumps better after changing the shock package to what TC5 Man suggested, but it's still landing squirly.
Again, Any input is much appreciated!
Are you still running the setup you posted earlier?
I think your rear roll center (RC) is out.

Does the car get better or worse when you add throttle?
a guide line is if things get better with throttle and more grip was had you need to lower it, and vise versa, but I think you've gone arwy.

You have low RC arm mounts, low hinge pin hole for low RC, longer rear camber link for a low RC and 4mm shims to get a higher RC.
try 1mm on the inner camber link with upper hinge pin hole on hub.
I think your to low.

which rear shock tower are you using?

A - tower is higher for use with upper hinge pin hub hole, C - tower is lower for use with the lower hinge pin hub hole and B is in the middle of A & C. I run C with the upper hole.

My diffs F-10k, C-100k, R-3k medium bite clay
(thinner rear increases corner traction and steering into corners)

what are the ambient temps as 27.5 could be to low on rear oil.
you shouldn't have more than a 5wt difference front to back. try 30 in the rear. also try adding in limiters to the rear shocks. I run 2mm.
silver sway bar front, copper rear, is what I run.

Hot Bodies D413 & D418 Setup Sheets

Last edited by chongo; 03-20-2018 at 11:36 AM.
Old 04-22-2018, 12:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What ball parkare you folks in for pinions with a 72t spur and 13.5 blinky?
Old 04-22-2018, 07:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi Guys!!!
How I can get more bite on the front of my buggy???? I need more middle corner traction.
When I pull gas my car push the nose out and not turn well.
Any Idea???? Irun 7/10/5 Diff oil now

Thanks
Old 04-22-2018, 08:16 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ryan432greening
What ball parkare you folks in for pinions with a 72t spur and 13.5 blinky?
With a 10.5 I run a 26T. Should be close depending on the track
Old 05-05-2018, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

These cv boots bind the suspension quite a bit, how many of you leaving them off and or finding better traction with them off?
Old 05-25-2018, 11:34 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anyone have a spare one of these kicking around they are willing to part with? I bought two sliders and of course both are missing this part
Old 05-26-2018, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Juicebox315
Anyone have a spare one of these kicking around they are willing to part with? I bought two sliders and of course both are missing this part
I have a nice roller that I will let go and guarantee that this part is included .
Old 05-26-2018, 07:02 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by mustangkillaz
These cv boots bind the suspension quite a bit, how many of you leaving them off and or finding better traction with them off?
Im not sure but il try without them and see they may cause no matter what when I press the shocks down the Rear arms don't really come up nothing bent ethier on the hinge pins so it might be the cause the cv boots.
Old 05-28-2018, 01:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt :-)
Concerned about heat myself, I've been spending a lot of time pestering everyone on this thread, and our friendly folks at Tekin about proper gearing, and motor selection for the D413.

The rep at Tekin converted the "turn" rating on their Redline Gen2 motors to "kv" ratings for me over the phone.

Tekin Redline Gen2 "turn" to "kv" conversion (per Tekin rep)

6.5t = 6700kv
7.5t = 6100kv
8.5t = 5300kv
9.5t = 4900kv
10.5t = 4500kv
13.5t = 3500kv
17.5t = 2500kv

From what I hear, every manufacturer uses different methods to figure "turn" & "kv" ratings. So trying to use this conversion for a brand that is NOT Tekin, will probably not be accurate.

I've also noticed a couple guys using 6.5t motors on this thread trying to gear down as much as possible because of heat. I believe the smallest pinion they have been able to fit is a 19 tooth. Also, I think T. Deguzman mentioned he's running a 6.5t with a 21 tooth pinion. So you may want to consider having some pinions smaller than a 23 tooth on hand just in case.

Also, just as a note. The higher the "boost or timing" is set, the higher the temps will go.

Here's Tekin's customer service # 208-634-5559
The reps at Tekin provide the best customer service I've ever experienced with R/C. They're friendly, happy to help, and they know their product very well.

Hope you find this info helpful. Cheers
nope cant use tekin chart for any other brands as tekin is weird. as an example I direct you to the sky RC cheetah brushless combos in those the 8.5t is a 4000Kv motor and according to that tekin list I would have to gear a cheetah more like a 10.5t also it is important to note that a taxxas junk velineon is 3250Kv with no "turn" rating associated with it. in this day of brushless it would be nice for a chart that isn't listed in turns just kv and pinions and a list of general starting point pinios for each specific vehicle. I am about to pick up one of these discontinued D413 kits NIB and I have been looking since may 1st for a gearing chart and all I can find is ty tessman this, tekin that and all of them are running 7.5t and lower motors nothing 8.5t 4000Kv +. although I am sure someone will complain for necroing the thread and all I can say is bite me these D413 kits are still out there and people are still looking for information ( or more information that ty tessman or someone elses setups). it is simple I don't want to have to go spend money on pinions nor do I wish to take pinions out of vehicles to "try" them, id rather jut get an idea and if I have it great if not try 1 higher or 1 lower than suggested and if It turns out I need that particular pinion I would have to go buy one or take it out of a running rc ( needless to say I would buy one).

so my rant is over and if anyone has an idea of what pinion to start with for the D413 using a cheetah 8.5t 4000Kv sensored motor by all means share. I can say that the only listing for recommended gear ratios for the cheetah are for 4wd onroad and drifting I do have 2 other cheetahs a 10.5t and another 8.5t ( and yes they are great combos and are 50 to 100 shipped on ebay) one of which is in an hpi mini pro ( coming out to be placed in D413 which is my other 8.5t) and the 10.5t is in my old T4 ( which originally had the 8.5t in it until I balded the rear tires running it at the track )
Old 05-29-2018, 12:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Not that it helps, but I have a skyrc ARES 6.5 motor in mine. at 23 pinion and the stock spur I am at 99 degrees after a 2 battery run back to back. Heat was 83 degrees outside.
23 is what the gearing chart suggested, I could go higher if I wanted it seems, but the 23 provided way more than enough power for the 120 ft straight.

** I did have a fan installed

Originally Posted by lordraptor1
nope cant use tekin chart for any other brands as tekin is weird. as an example I direct you to the sky RC cheetah brushless combos in those the 8.5t is a 4000Kv motor and according to that tekin list I would have to gear a cheetah more like a 10.5t also it is important to note that a taxxas junk velineon is 3250Kv with no "turn" rating associated with it. in this day of brushless it would be nice for a chart that isn't listed in turns just kv and pinions and a list of general starting point pinios for each specific vehicle. I am about to pick up one of these discontinued D413 kits NIB and I have been looking since may 1st for a gearing chart and all I can find is ty tessman this, tekin that and all of them are running 7.5t and lower motors nothing 8.5t 4000Kv +. although I am sure someone will complain for necroing the thread and all I can say is bite me these D413 kits are still out there and people are still looking for information ( or more information that ty tessman or someone elses setups). it is simple I don't want to have to go spend money on pinions nor do I wish to take pinions out of vehicles to "try" them, id rather jut get an idea and if I have it great if not try 1 higher or 1 lower than suggested and if It turns out I need that particular pinion I would have to go buy one or take it out of a running rc ( needless to say I would buy one).

so my rant is over and if anyone has an idea of what pinion to start with for the D413 using a cheetah 8.5t 4000Kv sensored motor by all means share. I can say that the only listing for recommended gear ratios for the cheetah are for 4wd onroad and drifting I do have 2 other cheetahs a 10.5t and another 8.5t ( and yes they are great combos and are 50 to 100 shipped on ebay) one of which is in an hpi mini pro ( coming out to be placed in D413 which is my other 8.5t) and the 10.5t is in my old T4 ( which originally had the 8.5t in it until I balded the rear tires running it at the track )
Old 05-31-2018, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

lordraptor1 i've run an orion vst 5.5T with a 23 pinion boosted and a tekin gen 1 10.5T with a 26 pinion in blinky stock mode with the stock spur.
shouldn't be to hard just buy some pinions in this range.

you can see what the pros use on their setup sheets in the past. It may not be the cheetah motor but will give you an idea.
http://site.petitrc.com/setup/hotbod...cloneD413.html
Old 06-02-2018, 04:39 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by T. Deguzman
here's a quick final drive chart for the D413:

pinion/spur --> FDR
20/72 --> 11.91
21/72 --> 11.34
22/72 --> 10.83
23/72 --> 10.35
24/72 --> 9.92
25/72 --> 9.53
26/72 --> 9.16
27/72 --> 8.82

so according to some of you, 11.91 final drive isn't geared low enough? i did some checking in the AE site for their B44.2 setup sheets. in general they run a 10.66 final drive with a 6.5T motor using a 19/81 pinion/spur combo. they'd have to go all the way down to 17/81 to even get an 11.91 final drive and i didn't see any of their setups go that low on gearing even for guys running 5.5T motors.

Ty runs a 5.5T and he's at 11.34 final drive (21/72). show me concrete evidence of other 4wheelers in your respective areas that run gear ratios 11.91 and up then we'll see about making new spurs or whatnot.

personally I think it was cheap to omit a gearing chart out of the manual for the D413, with kit like this you would expect a gearing chart of some sort for basica referenece, also when vewing the online download manuals I see a lot of generic assembly instructions. with that said what would oyu think as far a spinion geat for an 8.5t 4000kv motor for general all around use/bashing/racing ( like I said general all around usage)
Old 06-02-2018, 04:53 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by chongo
lordraptor1 i've run an orion vst 5.5T with a 23 pinion boosted and a tekin gen 1 10.5T with a 26 pinion in blinky stock mode with the stock spur.
shouldn't be to hard just buy some pinions in this range.

you can see what the pros use on their setup sheets in the past. It may not be the cheetah motor but will give you an idea.
Hot Bodies D413 & D418 Setup Sheets

yeha problem is that there is no reason for me to follow a "pros" setup I'm no pro, that would equate out to telling a beginner guitarist to try what slash uses as a starting point LOL.

the catch with the cheetah system is the documentation gives fdr but ony for 4wd touring and drift applications. in my T4 I have it 22/72 which puts it at the fdr for the T4 not the FDR given for the brushless. another point of note is it is hot here in Oklahoma ( try waking up in a pool of sweat at night while sleeping inder a large AC that has a fan at the exhaust of the AC to direct the cold air right at you ( yeah it sucks here LOL). I already have a selection of pinions some missing because of being in use however I don't want to have to go buy almist a second complete set just to "try" pinions, it seems like in this day of brushless the companies want to make it difficult in gearing and I am betting this is the reason why when brushless motors were originally tried in the late 80's early 90's by astroflight they didn't take off. I mean really 1 standard all motors listed in KV not turns, and manufactures really should put a recommended gearing chart as they know the vehicle better than anyone
Old 06-02-2018, 05:47 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by lordraptor1
yeha problem is that there is no reason for me to follow a "pros" setup I'm no pro, that would equate out to telling a beginner guitarist to try what slash uses as a starting point LOL.

the catch with the cheetah system is the documentation gives fdr but ony for 4wd touring and drift applications. in my T4 I have it 22/72 which puts it at the fdr for the T4 not the FDR given for the brushless. another point of note is it is hot here in Oklahoma ( try waking up in a pool of sweat at night while sleeping inder a large AC that has a fan at the exhaust of the AC to direct the cold air right at you ( yeah it sucks here LOL). I already have a selection of pinions some missing because of being in use however I don't want to have to go buy almist a second complete set just to "try" pinions, it seems like in this day of brushless the companies want to make it difficult in gearing and I am betting this is the reason why when brushless motors were originally tried in the late 80's early 90's by astroflight they didn't take off. I mean really 1 standard all motors listed in KV not turns, and manufactures really should put a recommended gearing chart as they know the vehicle better than anyone
Dude, quit crying about it. A complete set of pinion gears is necessary if you plan on running rc cars. There are gearing recommendations on the first post in this thread. Start there and make adjustments based on what your car is doing. Everyone's situation is a little different. What works perfect for someone else might not work for you. We can suggest gearing and it could be way off. So instead of boo-hooing about it, go run your car and figure it out, it isn't rocket science

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.