Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2017, 12:42 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by achtung1970
So what diff fluid weight are your running.
Tessmans setup at 20K-100K-5K all AE oils.

I may try 10K in the rear instead and leave the center alone. Eventually work my way towards Ronnenfalks setup I am thinking.

I'll also be reaching out to Exotek on there front hexes as the screw is not grabbing anything on one of them, I can literally drop a pin clear through with the screw present.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Thanks Cain, I ordered a .3mm thinner front sway bar last night. I'll try that and if it gets better but not quite there I'll try no front sway bar.
Old 02-06-2017, 05:50 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by racingnewb
Thanks Cain, I ordered a .3mm thinner front sway bar last night. I'll try that and if it gets better but not quite there I'll try no front sway bar.
yeah the nice thing is that you can quickly test and confirm.

My other exotek chassis came in, excited to get that put on for my daughter. Was going to order the braces but I screwed up my order so I think i'll just try modding the stock braces.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

Hello Yeti AS3,

Thank You for Your pic. But as I browse around A-Main, it seems that there is no specific Open Cell Foam for Front Tire available. Most of the Pro-Line 1/10 Front 4WD Tire are comes with the Closed Cell Foam Insert.

Cameron Kellogg suggested me the use the Open Cell Foam Insert, so do I just buy the Wide/Rear Open Cell Foam Insert and cut them to fit the Front Tire?

Cheers..

Originally Posted by Yeti AS3
Correct.
Open cell is like the team trinity bomb ones.
Old 02-06-2017, 08:15 PM
Tech Regular

Hello Cain,

Thank You for sharing Your thought, but unfortunately the 1/10 is just starting to be popularized again. So, there is still no good reference about tire.. Hahaha..

As for the Open Cell Foam Insert, any suggestion for which brand that is good??

Cheers..

Originally Posted by Cain
my suggestion is if its an option contact the locals to find out what they recommend.

That would be my impression too. Also, not sure if proline updated the quality of theres, but prolines in the past seemed to breakdown sooner than others.
Old 02-06-2017, 10:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stanleyw808
Hello Yeti AS3,

Thank You for Your pic. But as I browse around A-Main, it seems that there is no specific Open Cell Foam for Front Tire available. Most of the Pro-Line 1/10 Front 4WD Tire are comes with the Closed Cell Foam Insert.

Cameron Kellogg suggested me the use the Open Cell Foam Insert, so do I just buy the Wide/Rear Open Cell Foam Insert and cut them to fit the Front Tire?

Cheers..
Yes, you can cut to fit. Since you have not done it before... trim, trim, trim a little more until it fills the tire correctly.
Old 02-07-2017, 06:30 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by stanleyw808
Hello Cain,

Thank You for sharing Your thought, but unfortunately the 1/10 is just starting to be popularized again. So, there is still no good reference about tire.. Hahaha..

As for the Open Cell Foam Insert, any suggestion for which brand that is good??

Cheers..
The prolines unless they have changed have been mentioned to breakdown faster. JConcepts ones seem fine but I don't see them selling them separate. however, the dirt tires from them come with those inserts and they are good inserts.

For tires, if I was starting up, I would probably go with:

All green compound:
- JConcepts Double Dees
- JConcepts Flip outs
- JConcepts Goose bumps

that should cover a variety of "dirt" conditions you can see.

Anyone know where to get the latest setup sheet from that the carpet setups posted are using?
Old 02-07-2017, 06:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I use the white open cell foam inserts that come with the Jconcepts tires. The fronts need the width trimmed off about 3/8 as they send the 4w fronts with rear inserts. I tried dirt tech and AKA and Proline inserts. Any other surface closed cells rock over open cell. Loose dirt bumpy track open cell was so much more planted, consistent, and faster to drive. I could push the car so much harder and drive complete packs without marshaling. I thought maybe because the double Dee was designed before closed cell inserts that the tire is just better suited for open cell but I tested AKA impacts with red and then open cell with the same results. Open cell again way better. Just figure the open cell is like lowering your tire pressure and allows the tire to flex over the bumps instead of bounce. Also makes for a greater contact patch with the track and increase bite in corners. My times with open cell was a full second faster a lap on a 22 second track. The next biggest change I Iiked was the new caster blocks with the inner hole. Made the steering so much more consistent on and off power. Really seemed to be able to get on throttle more and drivesteer on power through the corners. Such a fun buggy to drive outdoors.

Cain try and make yourself some 2.0 and 1.8 sway bars for the carpet track. Should help.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

Hello Cameron Kellogg,

I will try to find the front Open Cell Foam Insert for the Front Pro-Line Tires then. Because most of the Front Tire comes with Closed Cell Foam Insert.

Cheers..

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg
I use the white open cell foam inserts that come with the Jconcepts tires. The fronts need the width trimmed off about 3/8 as they send the 4w fronts with rear inserts. I tried dirt tech and AKA and Proline inserts. Any other surface closed cells rock over open cell. Loose dirt bumpy track open cell was so much more planted, consistent, and faster to drive. I could push the car so much harder and drive complete packs without marshaling. I thought maybe because the double Dee was designed before closed cell inserts that the tire is just better suited for open cell but I tested AKA impacts with red and then open cell with the same results. Open cell again way better. Just figure the open cell is like lowering your tire pressure and allows the tire to flex over the bumps instead of bounce. Also makes for a greater contact patch with the track and increase bite in corners. My times with open cell was a full second faster a lap on a 22 second track. The next biggest change I Iiked was the new caster blocks with the inner hole. Made the steering so much more consistent on and off power. Really seemed to be able to get on throttle more and drivesteer on power through the corners. Such a fun buggy to drive outdoors.

Cain try and make yourself some 2.0 and 1.8 sway bars for the carpet track. Should help.
Old 02-07-2017, 07:52 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Cameron Kellogg

funny you mention that I was just wondering about the sway bars listed on that last carpet setup lol.

Do you know if there was a particular part from another car that was started with to make some or is it going to be fully from scratch?
Old 02-08-2017, 12:24 AM
Tech Prophet

Well with the stock shock caps i went with the Emousion style did not need to drill i just prethreaded the bleeder hole with the small screw on top and there was a clear opening inside .

Oil came out good .

Gota say these are some smooth shocks even with chrome plated shafts much smoother than the stock ones on my B5M even with better o-rings .
Old 02-08-2017, 08:22 AM
Tech Legend

they are pretty smooth. I got two sets one with the the HB alloy caps and another with the Exotek caps. seems I can get a closer to zero rebound on the HB caps a tad easier but they are both excellent quality.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:21 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quick question on weight. I had by d on a 4way scale, and the battery side was significantly heavier than the motor side. Front to back was ok, but side to side the weight bias was terrible. Off about 100 grams. Anyone else ever look at this?
Old 02-08-2017, 10:23 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by 2004hdfxsti
Quick question on weight. I had by d on a 4way scale, and the battery side was significantly heavier than the motor side. Front to back was ok, but side to side the weight bias was terrible. Off about 100 grams. Anyone else ever look at this?
not same vehicle here but I noticed that with my durango dex410v5 when you compared battery to motor position. I ended up putting the ESC behind the motor for that vehicle due to that but since its common to run the ESC up front on this one, I went that route.

Maybe that woudl give you better balance you are looking for (then add weight to the front as needed, Durango had Servo centered so didn't really need that just ran the receiver and transponder under driveshaft, centered)

I didn't notice any weird weight issues when driving the vehicle however.
Old 02-08-2017, 09:32 PM
Tech Prophet

If there is one thing I really don't like is the Rear shocks mounted up Front of the Rear arms its a pain to loosen and tighten the bottom screw . Can you flip the Rear arms and have the shocks in the back ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.