Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2015, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GimpyGolden
Cheaper still all 4pcs and include screws.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HB-D413-Grap.../161642733826?

I've ordered 2 sets of these and they are good quality and perfect fit.
Someone posted earlier in the thread that the cheap Fleebay ones break very easy!!
Old 03-31-2015, 04:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

For my information, is there only 1 version of the d413. Hate to open the one i just Got, just to find out 2.0 is being realised next wk.

If not, iget to start my build tomorrow.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:52 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trojanjoe1
For my information, is there only 1 version of the d413. Hate to open the one i just Got, just to find out 2.0 is being realised next wk.

If not, iget to start my build tomorrow.
From what I was told, it would not be for another year
Old 03-31-2015, 06:26 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thx. Guess im all in....
Old 03-31-2015, 07:28 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Get that build started!! And have fun!
Old 03-31-2015, 11:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BmainStar
Someone posted earlier in the thread that the cheap Fleebay ones break very easy!!
I posted that and may have been premature. Upon further inspection, both suspension hanger screws were bent and the screw going through the shock standoff was bent so whatever crashed caused the the insert to break must have been substantial.

That's the thing with this buggy. What would be a catastrophic crash in another buggy seems ho hum after wheeling this buggy for a while. So I may have improperly assumed those inserts were inferior, when in fact, whatever crash it was may have broken the HB carbon inserts too.

Also keep in mind, those eBay t-workx inserts are graphite. The HB/avid inserts are CF. I believe graphite is more brittle, but I could be wrong.
Old 04-01-2015, 06:15 AM
Tech Adept

Ya I don't think these T-Works are any lesser a product, just more inline how they should be priced.
Carbon fiber is graphite, same deal. If anything they are a different weave which on a part this size any different flex characteristic will not be noticed as it would on say a chassis.

But hey, if you guy's wanna come up with reasons why your better to pay almost triple for the HB ones go right ahead. In the mean time I'll keep running these, rather probably not runnning these now we'll be outdoor on a hard pack dusty track.
Old 04-01-2015, 08:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default center diff shim

I don't know why I did not notice this when I did the original build on my 413 last year, but I am building a second center diff and went back to the manual to make sure I was doing everything right. I noticed that there is no shim shown in the manual for the center diff. The front and rear diff show a shim on the ring gear side. The question is, why did I get a shim in my center diff kit? Is there supposed to be one installed? I mean is the manual wrong or is the kit wrong?
Old 04-01-2015, 09:00 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jjl1
I don't know why I did not notice this when I did the original build on my 413 last year, but I am building a second center diff and went back to the manual to make sure I was doing everything right. I noticed that there is no shim shown in the manual for the center diff. The front and rear diff show a shim on the ring gear side. The question is, why did I get a shim in my center diff kit? Is there supposed to be one installed? I mean is the manual wrong or is the kit wrong?
shims are optional and used where and as needed. and I never shimmed my d413 according to the manual. It was too tight that way and made for increased motor heat.
Old 04-01-2015, 10:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
I posted that and may have been premature. Upon further inspection, both suspension hanger screws were bent and the screw going through the shock standoff was bent so whatever crashed caused the the insert to break must have been substantial.

That's the thing with this buggy. What would be a catastrophic crash in another buggy seems ho hum after wheeling this buggy for a while. So I may have improperly assumed those inserts were inferior, when in fact, whatever crash it was may have broken the HB carbon inserts too.

Also keep in mind, those eBay t-workx inserts are graphite. The HB/avid inserts are CF. I believe graphite is more brittle, but I could be wrong.
Cool good to know thanx for the clarification

Ya I don't think these T-Works are any lesser a product, just more inline how they should be priced.
Carbon fiber is graphite, same deal. If anything they are a different weave which on a part this size any different flex characteristic will not be noticed as it would on say a chassis.

But hey, if you guy's wanna come up with reasons why your better to pay almost triple for the HB ones go right ahead. In the mean time I'll keep running these, rather probably not runnning these now we'll be outdoor on a hard pack dusty track.
Still running the plastic ones myself, no reasons here just trying to help.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

For the Exotek guys out there, which screws did you use with the wing mount & buttons? I picked up the recommended size screws (m3x6) in ti from acer for pretty cheap.

http://www.acerracing.com/ball_beari...9nGxoCrDnw_wcB
Old 04-01-2015, 06:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GimpyGolden View Post
Cheaper still all 4pcs and include screws.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/HB-D413-Grap.../161642733826?

I've ordered 2 sets of these and they are good quality and perfect fit.
Originally Posted by BmainStar
I have them and they are one of the few things that I have not broken up front. And trust me I have crash tested them extensively.

I compared them to the HB option ones and cannot tell any quality difference.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
shims are optional and used where and as needed. and I never shimmed my d413 according to the manual. It was too tight that way and made for increased motor heat.
Gald this topic was brought up.....just finished bag f and my rear diff was binding. Thought it was rubbing somewhere, but nope, took out rear shim n no more binding...smooth as the front now
Old 04-02-2015, 02:59 AM
Tech Addict

There is so much different quality carbon fiber out there that before testing no one can say if it's better or worse. A lot of the really cheap stuff is actually glass fiber sandwich with just the outer layer carbon. It's easily noticable by looking at it or by using sandpaper on the edge. If the dust is all black it's carbon if there's grey dust that's a mix.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)

This buggy is bullet proof 4 months and some monster crashes and I still haven't broken a single thing. I really don't now how HB intends to make this buggy better in there next model other than aluminium shock caps you can not fault this buggy, it nearly drives itself, now i know what they mean when they say it feels like your cheating with this buggy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.