Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2015, 07:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

Originally Posted by boudin4evr
my car ran fine AGAIN this weekend
2 questions: Are you guys using a tiny bit of loctite on screws that go through arm mounts
also
never had this happen 'til this weekend; my front spring perches come off of shock ends (like there is not enough tension holding or pushing down from the springs to keep it in place)
anybody ran into this? might just glue them BUT I think that is unnecessary
You can loctite the front screws as they thread into alum.
I only had a cup come off a cpl times but its good now. I bend about the last 1/4 inch of the spring coil inward to where it fits the cup tight. Sometimes I have to orientate it so the end of the spring falls into the cup on the slot if I over bend it. I also did this on my rb5 long ago.
Old 03-09-2015, 07:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti AS3
I only had a cup come off a cpl times but its good now. I bend about the last 1/4 inch of the spring coil inward to where it fits the cup tight. Sometimes I have to orientate it so the end of the spring falls into the cup on the slot if I over bend it. I also did this on my rb5 long ago.
Pic? I dont have my car in front of me
trying to visualize!
Old 03-09-2015, 07:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Schelle Chassis

I am lookng for some first hand feedback on the Schelle chassis. was wondering if it would help outdoors in med to med/low dirt tracks. any feedback even on indoor tracks would be helpful. thanks
Old 03-09-2015, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by boudin4evr
Pic? I dont have my car in front of me
trying to visualize!
A little bend and the spring should snap onto the cup or be a tight push fit. A pair of good needle nose pliers is all it takes.
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-d413-spring.jpg  
Old 03-09-2015, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 149 (100%+)

Originally Posted by randy0025
I am lookng for some first hand feedback on the Schelle chassis. was wondering if it would help outdoors in med to med/low dirt tracks. any feedback even on indoor tracks would be helpful. thanks
Randy, I have the schelle chassis installed at the moment and buggy drives much better outdoors on a med bit track. I am running the buggy this weekend on a high bit track. will update at some point next week
Old 03-09-2015, 08:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yeti AS3
is this to keep the spring on the cup or the cup on the shock end? My son and I constantly are popping the spring cups completely off the car, no lie, every race night or practice day, we are out there looking for a spring cup at least once each. Matter of fact Saturday, ran almost the entire main missing a front spring cup. I even have tried a little super glue to keep it in place and still have lost them.
Old 03-09-2015, 08:56 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CaseyD
is this to keep the spring on the cup or the cup on the shock end? My son and I constantly are popping the spring cups completely off the car, no lie, every race night or practice day, we are out there looking for a spring cup at least once each. Matter of fact Saturday, ran almost the entire main missing a front spring cup. I even have tried a little super glue to keep it in place and still have lost them.
I put on the Exotek spring cups early on and have not had any issues with them coming off. They fit very tight.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

I think you will find it helps a lot. If your are going to bump something enough to pop the cup of the eyelet, it won't fall of the spring. It has a better chance of finding its way back on the eyelet too.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:24 AM
Tech Master

the cup on the shock end!
To keep the spring perch on the rod end! I ran a q and a Main with both front spring perches off! I was gonna super glue but shouldn't have to
I'll post pics tonight
for my ride height, springs aren't that tight or under compression! Yes springs are broken in! I use the HB Gold front and Yellow rear springs
If I remember correctly my ride height is 20mm F and R

Last edited by boudin4evr; 03-09-2015 at 09:38 AM.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I remember reading the cups that have the guards do that a lot..put standard cups on it not already
Old 03-09-2015, 09:50 AM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=snwchris;13894168]I believe that mainly from the shorter chassis. The Schelle chassis was made to help eliminate that and from what I've seen at our track and tried out a couple of the 413s with the Schelle chassis you can definitely be a little harder on it in the corners and sweepers.

I run 2015 reedy..ierc track.im using black rear sway instead of ty's copper and front hubs 1mm spacer top and bottom because I don't understand the effect of raising and lower front hubs yet.spring are stock but do have red fronts and gold rears..
Old 03-09-2015, 11:31 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro2be
I remember reading the cups that have the guards do that a lot..put standard cups on it not already
I run kyosho shock ends and cups in the front now. Still popping them off. I guess next thing Ill do is JB Weld. J/K
Old 03-09-2015, 12:40 PM
Tech Addict

I run kyosho shock ends and cups in the front now. Still popping them off. I guess next thing Ill do is JB Weld. J/K
Or exotek
Old 03-09-2015, 01:08 PM
Tech Master

JB Weld should work!
Old 03-09-2015, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

man, Stormer doesn't mess around! I went home for lunch and aluminum caps are in!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.