The Vetarra Glamis Uno Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Vetarra Glamis Uno Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2014, 06:35 PM
Tech Rookie

I have only used the rears so far. I had to add some some shock spacers where they attach to the shock tower. I have the tops in the middle hole and the bottoms in the outermost hole. I picked them up on Amazon with the springs included.

As to the length I am not certain. The only info I could find on the length was in a thread on this forum titled "Best Shocks For MBX7 Eco?" I will measure them the next time I have them off. You can see in the pics how the longer shock raises the back end up.

I did notice that the shocks fully compress well before the back bottoms out. The shock may easily fully compress when landing a mid to large jump. Is this something to watch out for? Will it reduce the life of the shocks to have them fully compressing so often?

(The fronts are tmaxx big bore shocks.)
Attached Thumbnails The Vetarra Glamis Uno Thread-uno_shocks-3-.jpg   The Vetarra Glamis Uno Thread-uno_shocks-9-.jpg   The Vetarra Glamis Uno Thread-uno_shocks-10-.jpg   The Vetarra Glamis Uno Thread-uno_shocks-13-.jpg  
Old 05-14-2014, 06:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Glamis Uno Slipper Pucks?

Does anyone know where the slipper pucks (VTR242015) go on the Glamis Uno?

They are on the parts list, but there is no indication how they are used. Are they an upgrade?
Attached Thumbnails The Vetarra Glamis Uno Thread-vtr242015.jpg  
Old 12-03-2014, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

sorry to dig up an old thread. I chipped one of the teeth on the spur gear, it looks like I'd have to remove the whole gearbox to get it replaced. Is there an easier way to do it without going through the pain to take out the gearbox?
Old 12-15-2014, 09:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Cirasa
sorry to dig up an old thread. I chipped one of the teeth on the spur gear, it looks like I'd have to remove the whole gearbox to get it replaced. Is there an easier way to do it without going through the pain to take out the gearbox?
you don't need to drop the trans for a spur gear, a body clip and a couple screws on the right side removes the plastic bar that is over the gear cover, then a couple more gears to remove the cover, and the gear is exposed.
Old 12-27-2014, 03:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Which exact Mugen model is compatible for the replacement shock

Originally Posted by drunkunmunki
Mugen MBX7 ECO shocks.

They are longer than stock (126mm) which increased the ride height nicely and helps keep the motor from smacking off the ground on big jumps. I have ran proline power strokes, traxxas gtr's, and the vaterra aluminum replacements on it. The Mugens have been the best by far. They have all the features of the Vaterra aluminum shocks, and the aluminum caps match the roof plate like they were made for the vehicle.

Mugen MBX7 ECO's as replacement shocks for the Glamis Uno! this is great info!

1 question: are you talking the Mugen MBX7-7T ECO - ie. model E2013 for the electric TRUGGY ?

Mugen's site lists buggys and truggys with the MBX-7 moniker. The just newly released ECO-BUGGY has a newly designed big bore shock so doubt that's what were talking here.

Can only find the unassembled shock kit for the Mugen MBX-7T ECO TRUGGY model #E2013 (would love to find the preassembled)... though ready pull the trigger and order asap!?!
Old 07-01-2015, 02:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Hey guys, I recently got my hands on an Glamis Uno from a friend second hand.

I took it out and used it for a bit and noticed the engine was getting quite hot, Around 70C and the fan was VERY loud. (Are the fans in these loud? I've been told they are.)

Well I was about to stop using it when all of a sudden the car stopped moving, I picked it up and tried to give it some throttle and it just makes a weird whining sound, And something beeps at me for a split second (I think).

The sound is completely coming from the Motor, the beep sounds like maybe the esc, Sometimes the Motor seems to "grab" the wheels and they will run again, But it sounds HORRIBLE like something's being eaten in it! But it won't work on the ground, you just hear BSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS sounding.

Does that sound like the spur has given way to you? Just shreaded?

Please help me!
Old 07-18-2015, 01:05 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by drunkunmunki
Does anyone know where the slipper pucks (VTR242015) go on the Glamis Uno?

They are on the parts list, but there is no indication how they are used. Are they an upgrade?
They were originally intended for a lower power motor, but since it was released with the brushless 3300kv the pucks are not used. Use the discs.

I've also found that my spur gear has lasted more than 6 months now and still going strong (with a mamba max pro and 3500kv Neucastle motor on 3s) since I tightened the slipper all the way. Otherwise it generates too much heat and deforms the plastic enough to strip.