Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree35Likes

Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 01-24-2018, 07:02 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: alex4r
Kyosho ZX6.6 New Parts (* = required to update ZX6 to ZX6.6 platform)

LA359B - Center Mount Set (ZX6.6)*
LA375 - Center Diff. Gear Set(ZX6.6)*
LA375-01 - Center Diff. Gear Case Set(ZX6.6)
LA375-78 - Spur Gear(48P-78T/ZX6.6)
LA376 - Center Drive Shaft (71.5/ZX6.6)*
LA377 - Center Drive Shaft (79.5/ZX6.6)* (x2)
LA378 - Center Drive Shaft (88/ZX6.6)*
LA379 - Joint Cup Cover (ZX6/ZX6.6)*
LAW54B-01 - HD Chassis*
LA355B - Side guard set*
UM713B - Rear Arms (from RB6)*
UM561 - Outer rear hinge pins*
LA236-12B - 1.2mm Front sway bar*
LA351B 4-hole front shock tower*

Options
VVC Blades TFW126
Spare Blades TFW001-01

Manuals

Lazer ZX6.6
Lazer ZX6

After Market Bodies

JConcepts Silencer

Weight Reduction options for 13.5 Class

Chassis:
UMW711B - Carbon composite rear arms
LAW60 - Carbon composite front upper bulkhead
LAW61 - Carbon composite rear upper bulkhead
LAW52 - Carbon composite front chassis brace
LAW53 - Carbon composite rear chassis brace
LA209HB - Carbon composite gear boxes (pinion bearing retainer & upper gearbox half only, lower half not compatible/saves 4.6g total)
Driveline:
LA211B - Plastic drive cups for center drive shafts coming out of front & rear gear boxes (requires drilling two holes for set screws to secure LA379)
TFW001 - Aluminum blade style outdrives (for ball diff/requires TF013)
LA202 - Aluminum pinion shafts (for ball diff)
TFW126 - VVC outdrives (for gear diff - front/rear/center)
TFW008 - VVC cross pins (for gear diff - front/rear/center)
Misc:
LAB06LW - LW Blade body
SK0402 - Ti screw set (Available at Lunsfordracing.com)
PTK-T-2111 - Ti screw set (cheaper, slightly less durable option)
LNS7765 - Ti ball studs
LNS2688 - Ti Turnbuckles
LNS36107 - Ti Turnbuckles (super duty)
W0201H - Hard anodized lower shock balls
1-N3024A-R - Aluminum M3x2.4 nuts (for shock standoffs)
1-N3033NA-R - Aluminum M3x3.3 locknuts

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 06:48 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Razathorn
I don't know why people get rid of their cars when a new one is coming out. I bought a new fs2sp just a few weeks back with full knowledge of the new cars coming out, even getting to see two of the prototypes in person. People were saying "Why on earth did you do that?" Simple! I wanted to race 4wd!
Yeah,
I love the FS2, super dialed. But I'll be selling it too due to financial reasons.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I don't know why people get rid of their cars when a new one is coming out. I bought a new fs2sp just a few weeks back with full knowledge of the new cars coming out, even getting to see two of the prototypes in person. People were saying "Why on earth did you do that?" Simple! I wanted to race 4wd!

With you on that one Razathorn !
I also think a lot people upgrade before they even have the current car dialed, but each to their own. Some people just like to have the newest gear.
Personally i would rather wait for a while after the car comes out and all the bugs have been ironed out.. then suddenly a 2.0 is released..
Thats when i will think of looking into upgrading.
Old 10-10-2013, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Heard from a Kyosho team driver today that they are scraping the current ZX-6 design and starting over due to the poor performancel.
Old 10-10-2013, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by X God
Heard from a Kyosho team driver today that they are scraping the current ZX-6 design and starting over due to the poor performancel.
I wouldn't doubt that.

I think the next race that will have the big guys attending is the CRCRC Mid-West Winter Champs. We might see a revised car at that event. If not at that event, definitely Reedy.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:28 AM
Tech Adept

Any one know where the problem areas are on the buggy?
Old 10-11-2013, 02:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cotto68
Any one know where the problem areas are on the buggy?
Forward traction and lateral grip.
Old 10-11-2013, 03:34 AM
Tech Regular

It will be the death of club racing if they're not careful. They're going to do the same thing they did to 1/8 scale.

Tire manufacturers will stop making the tires that club racers want because they are focused on high bite low wear, where as club racing tracks tend to focus on low wear. Some of them may even go to sugar to stay hip and price people further out of the game. I can't even get proline 4wd scrubs in the compound that works at my track anymore. On top of that, the "team setups" will be for mostly high bite and the average racer will struggle where previously he could just copy a team setup if they're not good at setup. Also, non sponsored people will really struggle at "big races" because the tracks EAT tires and they can't afford to compete, so everyone gets super serious and tries to get sponsors and soon you're left with what happened to the local 1/8 scale scene across America: The only ones left are the ones that have been doing it a long time, get tire sponsors, and drive around to the pro series races and rarely show up to club racing, and then the sport dies when nobody new wants to get into it.

It dies because we forget the club racer and focus on the top tier.
It really depends on the surface, you can also have high bite without spending a fortune on tires. On our astroturf-surface a minipin yellow tire lasts about 1 month, dboots tires usually twice as long and are still pretty competetive. But what really is expensive are the batteries because you have enough traction to really use every bit of punch you can get.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by stiltskin
Forward traction and lateral grip.
So it has no spur gear? lol
Old 10-11-2013, 04:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heard from a Kyosho team driver today that they are scraping the current ZX-6 design and starting over due to the poor performance.

Originally Posted by Rfury
I wouldn't doubt that.

I think the next race that will have the big guys attending is the CRCRC Mid-West Winter Champs. We might see a revised car at that event. If not at that event, definitely Reedy.
Some guy here in Missouri told him. His initials are J.T. so we"ll have to wait and see.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by X God
Some guy here in Missouri told him. His initials are J.T. so we"ll have to wait and see.
Yeah, I noticed the location and that is why I don't doubt it.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:09 AM
Tech Adept

Seems all a bit Hush Hush At the momemt... hope they get it sorted ...im sure the rush is on considering other companies have a release
Old 10-21-2013, 11:01 PM
Suspended

Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 pics

http://www.eurooffroadseries.com/
http://eos.redrc.net/page/5/
Old 10-30-2013, 05:57 AM
Tech Initiate

hey guys

any News in case of purchasing the new lazer? any date confirmed yet?
Old 11-29-2013, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Is this car gonna come out anytime soon or at least a time frame? I'm in need of a new wheeler...
Old 11-30-2013, 02:08 AM
Tech Adept

It will be the death of club racing if they're not careful. They're going to do the same thing they did to 1/8 scale.

Tire manufacturers will stop making the tires that club racers want because they are focused on high bite low wear, where as club racing tracks tend to focus on low wear. Some of them may even go to sugar to stay hip and price people further out of the game. I can't even get proline 4wd scrubs in the compound that works at my track anymore. On top of that, the "team setups" will be for mostly high bite and the average racer will struggle where previously he could just copy a team setup if they're not good at setup. Also, non sponsored people will really struggle at "big races" because the tracks EAT tires and they can't afford to compete, so everyone gets super serious and tries to get sponsors and soon you're left with what happened to the local 1/8 scale scene across America: The only ones left are the ones that have been doing it a long time, get tire sponsors, and drive around to the pro series races and rarely show up to club racing, and then the sport dies when nobody new wants to get into it.

It dies because we forget the club racer and focus on the top tier.
That is a bit doom and gloom - next there will be floods and locusts

In Europe, and the UK in particular we have a lot more rain, and use Astro tracks.

I think tyres used at worlds are often rarely seen at club level, and I doubt that would be the aspiration of most club, regional, or national series that do not take such an unusual approach for a worlds race. In the UK variants of the Schumacher Yellows seem to be the tyre of choice come what may.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.