Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree35Likes

Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread

Hide Wikipost
Old 01-24-2018, 07:02 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Kyosho Lazer ZX-6 & ZX-6.6 4WD Thread
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: alex4r
Kyosho ZX6.6 New Parts (* = required to update ZX6 to ZX6.6 platform)

LA359B - Center Mount Set (ZX6.6)*
LA375 - Center Diff. Gear Set(ZX6.6)*
LA375-01 - Center Diff. Gear Case Set(ZX6.6)
LA375-78 - Spur Gear(48P-78T/ZX6.6)
LA376 - Center Drive Shaft (71.5/ZX6.6)*
LA377 - Center Drive Shaft (79.5/ZX6.6)* (x2)
LA378 - Center Drive Shaft (88/ZX6.6)*
LA379 - Joint Cup Cover (ZX6/ZX6.6)*
LAW54B-01 - HD Chassis*
LA355B - Side guard set*
UM713B - Rear Arms (from RB6)*
UM561 - Outer rear hinge pins*
LA236-12B - 1.2mm Front sway bar*
LA351B 4-hole front shock tower*

Options
VVC Blades TFW126
Spare Blades TFW001-01

Manuals

Lazer ZX6.6
Lazer ZX6

After Market Bodies

JConcepts Silencer

Weight Reduction options for 13.5 Class

Chassis:
UMW711B - Carbon composite rear arms
LAW60 - Carbon composite front upper bulkhead
LAW61 - Carbon composite rear upper bulkhead
LAW52 - Carbon composite front chassis brace
LAW53 - Carbon composite rear chassis brace
LA209HB - Carbon composite gear boxes (pinion bearing retainer & upper gearbox half only, lower half not compatible/saves 4.6g total)
Driveline:
LA211B - Plastic drive cups for center drive shafts coming out of front & rear gear boxes (requires drilling two holes for set screws to secure LA379)
TFW001 - Aluminum blade style outdrives (for ball diff/requires TF013)
LA202 - Aluminum pinion shafts (for ball diff)
TFW126 - VVC outdrives (for gear diff - front/rear/center)
TFW008 - VVC cross pins (for gear diff - front/rear/center)
Misc:
LAB06LW - LW Blade body
SK0402 - Ti screw set (Available at Lunsfordracing.com)
PTK-T-2111 - Ti screw set (cheaper, slightly less durable option)
LNS7765 - Ti ball studs
LNS2688 - Ti Turnbuckles
LNS36107 - Ti Turnbuckles (super duty)
W0201H - Hard anodized lower shock balls
1-N3024A-R - Aluminum M3x2.4 nuts (for shock standoffs)
1-N3033NA-R - Aluminum M3x3.3 locknuts

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 09:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey all: kyosho has a ton of talent and a BIG budget so they will get their new 10th 4wd figured out. Also are aluminum chassis the wave of the future or a fad? Thanks
Old 09-30-2013, 09:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FFred
2011 IFMAR Worlds in Vaasaa :
sugar ? No
consistent ? Yes

A grip that didn't eat tires like this 2013 Worlds, but enough to make a great race, maybe almost interesting than this year except that both 2WD and 4WD were decided after two runs.
In Europe, I don't see the sugar thing happening. That was a different surface and IFMAR chose a better tire for the spec tire. This time they chose one of the hardest compounds made. That meant the track had to have insane traction.

It is here in the US that I see it becoming the "normal" thing to do at the national level. I hope that the national level events don't do this and go back to just sugarless prep.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

It's not "such a bad result", Tebo's place looks strange, but Ronnefalk was almost in A-main.
Meanwhile, the picture of the ZX6 (and the Durango prototype) with shorty on the rear/one side, and motor on front/other side makes it easy to have front/rear overall balanced, and left/right overall balanced, but weight may be too much on rear right and front left.
Did anybody else notice that ?
I think you meant heavy right front/left rear?
Old 10-01-2013, 11:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rfury
In Europe, I don't see the sugar thing happening. That was a different surface and IFMAR chose a better tire for the spec tire. This time they chose one of the hardest compounds made. That meant the track had to have insane traction.

It is here in the US that I see it becoming the "normal" thing to do at the national level. I hope that the national level events don't do this and go back to just sugarless prep.
For this 2013 event, the track had tons of traction, but was racey and you could still slide and pitch it a bit with the tire selection...then it rained...a lot...

The rain packed and textured the track more, and required re-sugaring which all equated to a bunch more traction than it had been scrubbed in to have. The big thing with this though, is that it didn't fall apart and need a bunch of patching.

For 8th scale, I like BOTH the high bite and the more fluffy watered tracks. They have different feels to them, but on the high bite at a club level, you can simply throw on some slick worn out tires and run them and have fun...all day...including lots of practice...without the traction condition changing on you.

Unfortunately, that doesn't work for 2wd cars, and slightly less well with 10th scale cars (though I get away with it on my SC). I think a 4wd buggy could do it too, but perhaps requires a center diff to get that portion done right and make it just as drivable as with having tread on all 4 wheels.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hey Guys,

Just a heads up but Tebo was also having ESC issues at the worlds and didn't figure it out until the Q4 was done. He was running sensorless and when he changed it before Q5 he said the power difference was like going to a 3.5 bl so it was a handful.

Kyosho will make some changes and this is a project that takes some time to perfect.
Old 10-01-2013, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

This doesn't make any sense to me. They shoulda been popping in new electronics like bearings until they fixed it. It's a WORLDS
Old 10-01-2013, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

When I had a sensor wire get loose on a buggy recently, I noticed an issue almost immediately. Tebo doesn't? If it affected the car in any significant way, he wouldn't notice?
Old 10-01-2013, 03:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 101 (99%+)

From Buggy Sport/Jared's Blog (regarding the 4wd)...http://www.buggy-sport.info/index.ph...ce-report-6635

"Sorry for no updates on 4wd. It was a very tough 3 days, and I was just exhausted. Practice day was crazy. We had 10 practice runs, but I only was able to finish 3 of my runs, so I missed out on a ton of track time. I was just having really weird mechanical issues. My car felt ok, but I really lacked steering in the 180 degree corners. I was making setup changes all day, but I wasn't getting enough track time to really see what it was doing.

Qualifying day. The morning practice my car actually felt pretty good. I was placed in the A resort heat, even though I only did 1 lap in the seeding practice. That was a good and bad thing. I would always start in the back and then have to pull over and let the faster cars go by me. Once qualifying started, I thought I would be able to get some good runs in, but it just didn't happen. I wasn't comfortable, and I was still having small mechanical issues. My electronics just felt weird. In Q3 I was actually going really good and was looking at getting a 6th for the round, but with 1 minute to go, I brushed a pipe and caught my wheel nut on a coupler. Front arm broke and the drive shaft came out, so I drove the last minute with 3 wheel drive. I got a 41 for the round, that was my best score all qualifying. In Q6 the electrical gremlins finally showed themselves. It was a shorted out speedo the whole time. I ran the whole Q4 in sensor less mode, which isn't fun, but then it finally shut down after about 4 minutes. In the final Q5 we had a new speedo and my car finally felt more normal. In practice and qualifying my car was feeling slow, so we had boosted the speedo and geared up my car. With the new speedo, my 5.5 felt more like a 3.5 and I just couldn't time any of the jumps. After 1 crash the top guys were behind me and they were fighting for TQ, so I had to just pull over to not interfere with their opportunities. It was quite an embarrassing day, but I did manage to live through it. Here is a pic of my car before practice started.

Finals day was weird. I wasn't there with a chance to win. I started 8th in the E-main. Morning practice my car was ok, but I made some changes for the final. My car in the final felt really good in the turns, but landing was a different story. I guess what I changed really effected the landing. I could not land the triple after the straight, I would roll over every lap almost. I tried my best, but I finished 4th. 4wd was finally over. Chikuba, Kyosho designer, felt terrible. We win as a team, we lose as a team. We didn't have a car that we thought we could win with, so we came with a prototype car hoping it would help our chances. We learned a lot, tried keeping our heads up, and we took the loss for what it is. We will be back in 2 years for 4wd revenge!!!!! Thanks KYOSHO and Chikuba-San for all the hard work and the great support!!!!! Sorry for the lack of updates, thanks for checking back in, and God Bless."
Old 10-01-2013, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by desertracerdad
From Buggy Sport/Jared's Blog (regarding the 4wd)...http://www.buggy-sport.info/index.ph...ce-report-6635

"Sorry for no updates on 4wd. It was a very tough 3 days, and I was just exhausted. Practice day was crazy. We had 10 practice runs, but I only was able to finish 3 of my runs, so I missed out on a ton of track time. I was just having really weird mechanical issues. My car felt ok, but I really lacked steering in the 180 degree corners. I was making setup changes all day, but I wasn't getting enough track time to really see what it was doing.

Qualifying day. The morning practice my car actually felt pretty good. I was placed in the A resort heat, even though I only did 1 lap in the seeding practice. That was a good and bad thing. I would always start in the back and then have to pull over and let the faster cars go by me. Once qualifying started, I thought I would be able to get some good runs in, but it just didn't happen. I wasn't comfortable, and I was still having small mechanical issues. My electronics just felt weird. In Q3 I was actually going really good and was looking at getting a 6th for the round, but with 1 minute to go, I brushed a pipe and caught my wheel nut on a coupler. Front arm broke and the drive shaft came out, so I drove the last minute with 3 wheel drive. I got a 41 for the round, that was my best score all qualifying. In Q6 the electrical gremlins finally showed themselves. It was a shorted out speedo the whole time. I ran the whole Q4 in sensor less mode, which isn't fun, but then it finally shut down after about 4 minutes. In the final Q5 we had a new speedo and my car finally felt more normal. In practice and qualifying my car was feeling slow, so we had boosted the speedo and geared up my car. With the new speedo, my 5.5 felt more like a 3.5 and I just couldn't time any of the jumps. After 1 crash the top guys were behind me and they were fighting for TQ, so I had to just pull over to not interfere with their opportunities. It was quite an embarrassing day, but I did manage to live through it. Here is a pic of my car before practice started.

Finals day was weird. I wasn't there with a chance to win. I started 8th in the E-main. Morning practice my car was ok, but I made some changes for the final. My car in the final felt really good in the turns, but landing was a different story. I guess what I changed really effected the landing. I could not land the triple after the straight, I would roll over every lap almost. I tried my best, but I finished 4th. 4wd was finally over. Chikuba, Kyosho designer, felt terrible. We win as a team, we lose as a team. We didn't have a car that we thought we could win with, so we came with a prototype car hoping it would help our chances. We learned a lot, tried keeping our heads up, and we took the loss for what it is. We will be back in 2 years for 4wd revenge!!!!! Thanks KYOSHO and Chikuba-San for all the hard work and the great support!!!!! Sorry for the lack of updates, thanks for checking back in, and God Bless."
Thanks for posting Richard.
Old 10-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 101 (99%+)

No worries Josh... Looking forward to running it soon!
Old 10-01-2013, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

2011 IFMAR Worlds in Vaasaa :
sugar ? No
consistent ? Yes

A grip that didn't eat tires like this 2013 Worlds, but enough to make a great race, maybe almost interesting than this year except that both 2WD and 4WD were decided after two runs.
I ended up really liking the varied surface of the 2011 Worlds. My initial reaction was that of "what the heck is this" but after I thought a bit, it resembled something we would have done as kids canvasing the open lot next to the house for anything we could build a track with. Once I had that perspective, I really starting thinking about how much time would have to be put into setups since you were running on so many different surfaces (dirt, cobblestone, astroturf, etc) and started to appreciate how cool it really was. I'd like to see more tracks like that.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:04 AM
Tech Initiate

So is it back to the drawing board for the zx6? Is the car that bad, because it did poorly at its first big race. Im not sure what to do since I ditched my fs2.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

The ZX-6 has not been doing well at any race it has been run and the Worlds just exaggerated it. My understanding is they there is going to be quite a few revisions and to not expect the car anytime soon.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't know why people get rid of their cars when a new one is coming out. I bought a new fs2sp just a few weeks back with full knowledge of the new cars coming out, even getting to see two of the prototypes in person. People were saying "Why on earth did you do that?" Simple! I wanted to race 4wd!
Old 10-09-2013, 06:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rfury
The ZX-6 has not been doing well at any race it has been run and the Worlds just exaggerated it. My understanding is they there is going to be quite a few revisions and to not expect the car anytime soon.
Not sure what constitutes success, but there was one in the A-Main at the Nats, and B-Main at the worlds. Considering not many people driving them.

That being said my guess is May 2014

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.