Wiki Posts
Search

Help with 1/8 MBX6ECO set-up/problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2013, 04:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shagnat
I don't know much, but, I'm thinking it has to do with the tx/rx.

Spectrum just doesn't cut it for me....... but, please read first statement before anyone decides to flame me about it
Thanks for the info. I seem to hear this a lot. I bought the spektrum as i was familiar with them from when i used to race years ago. And it was a cheap starter radio for me to see just how interested i was in getting back into rc. Realizing i'm here to stay it might be something i upgrade in the near future.
Old 05-15-2013, 04:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
Direct power your servo and Rx. See if that solves your "brown out" problems.

Find a local racer that can help you with Mugen shocks. There is no shock help in the Mugen threads on Rctech. Mugens have weird shocks, which is why I quit using Mugens.

Yeah, allway curve your motor wires forward, not back. The Protech 4100 lipo is a good fit for the Mugen. The JConcepts Finnisher body is great fo the Mugen. Leave an extra 1/4" under the body and secure it with velcro. I removed my body posts.
Based off of what i read in the tekin forums i dont believe its a "brown out" problem i'm having. You say to direct power the rx/servo and i assume that my BEC would be considered the Direct power as it turns on the rx/servo when the battery is plugged in w/ the esc off still. I do plan to switch to the finnisher body soon as i am going to get one custom painted once i work my kinks out of the electronics . Thanks for the feedback also
Old 05-15-2013, 04:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MajorKong
I have the same receiver as you in my MBX6E. I use a HV servo also, Savox 2274SG. I have a Novak glitch buster plugged into the bind port on my receiver. The glitch buster is stuffed in the receiver box too. I notice that you do not have an antenna tube in the pic. I know it sounds unlikely but I find that Spektrum receivers can be particular about antenna placement. I would get an antenna tube if you don't have one. I thought it odd when you mentioned that the RX seems to cut out when you land.

Are you using a shock cushion on the bottom of your RX? 2 sided tape, velcro or something similar.

Good luck.
I had it double side taped inside the receiver box and it stayed put. I was wondering if i should either put a double layer there to try and help but it may sit to high then for the top to come down without putting a strain on the plugs. I'll find out tomorrow as i am going to get it all cleaned up and back together tonight hoping to hit up the local track tomorrow to see if i fixed anything yet.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cmeans_23
I had it double side taped inside the receiver box and it stayed put. I was wondering if i should either put a double layer there to try and help but it may sit to high then for the top to come down without putting a strain on the plugs. I'll find out tomorrow as i am going to get it all cleaned up and back together tonight hoping to hit up the local track tomorrow to see if i fixed anything yet.
I use velcro on mine with no problems.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MajorKong
I use velcro on mine with no problems.
i updated the thread with my findings. Found that the battery was shorting out when i hit hard. Reseting the rx. When the BEC loses power the rx has to be rebinded(BEC is plugged into the bind/pwr slot) However the battery was coming right back on after impact every time so by the time i got up to my car the esc was already on and it just needed to be binded again. Found this out as i was hooking up the rx i had it on and noticed it just shut off out of now where. Well i moved around the battery cables just slightly and it came right back on. So atleast it was a old battery that i intended on replacing anyways. Thanks again for all the advice