Search
Like Tree3Likes

Hobby Pro USA PR S1 2wd Buggy ALL NEW

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2014, 09:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by acuratech
so is anyone using any other spur gear for 17.5 ?
whats a good starting point. the track im race at is a small track so my b4.2 I use a 75 spur and it's perfect for that track.
I'm running a HP 73 spur and 33 pinion but is under geared a little
Old 03-04-2014, 07:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

so is anyone using any other spur gear for 17.5 ?
whats a good starting point. the track im race at is a small track so my b4.2 I use a 75 spur and it's perfect for that track.
I run an HP 73 spur and an TLR aluminum 33 tooth pinion. 90% of the drivers here use that gearing, but it may be different for your track.
I say a good starting point for you would be like a 75/31 or something around there. If you want more, then go down to a 73 tooth with the same pinion and keeping adding a tooth to the pinion until your cars feel the best and your lap times reflect it.
Old 03-04-2014, 06:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by khartlauer
I run an HP 73 spur and an TLR aluminum 33 tooth pinion. 90% of the drivers here use that gearing, but it may be different for your track.
I say a good starting point for you would be like a 75/31 or something around there. If you want more, then go down to a 73 tooth with the same pinion and keeping adding a tooth to the pinion until your cars feel the best and your lap times reflect it.
does Hp make a 75 ?
or are you guys using a different spur gear ?
stock is 73 ?
kits on the way so just trying to see if i need to get a different spur gear.
thanks
Old 03-04-2014, 08:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

whats up with the new car chassis is it different than the old car
Old 03-04-2014, 10:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

2wd buggy main
PRS1 buggy, yellow roof with yellow wheels
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Doug H.
whats up with the new car chassis is it different than the old car
New chassis is a 25° kick up and black in color. The bulkhead had to be changed to accommodate this. It now comes standard with the carbon towers and long stroke shock shafts. Th carbon towers have been improved slightly.

This car was redesigned for us style tracks hence the V2. They found they needed to change a few more things and that's where the 2014 comes in. With more kick up you'll see a car that has smoother steering and less twitchy. The fact that it now comes standard with the towers and shafts is a bonus for the consumer as they will not have to purchase separate. To all those who already have the buggy, these updated parts will be available for purchase in a month or so. I love my car and thinks it's awesome, so if they made it better, which I don't see how, I'm all in.
Old 03-05-2014, 01:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

does Hp make a 75 ?
or are you guys using a different spur gear ?
stock is 73 ?
kits on the way so just trying to see if i need to get a different spur gear.
thanks
Yes they do. The Pro Stock kits comes with the 73 spur I believe. If you bought the regular kit, It will come with a 81 tooth spur.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vr6cj
I got to say that I really like this kit and its durability. It can take a hit and the parts are top notch. Not to mention the thing drives pretty well to boot. I've had mine a couple months and won our local season series with it. Some very good drivers and some sponsered. Very impressed and mind you I race it mid motor on a outdoor track.

Pic of me and the car. Yeah im to fat guy in the middle. :P

He said FAT guy in the middle lol
Old 03-07-2014, 05:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I'm considering buying one of these buggies (used). Would you guys recommend it for someone that's been out of the 2wd buggy game for about 10-15 years? Thanks!
Old 03-07-2014, 06:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Blystr
I'm considering buying one of these buggies (used). Would you guys recommend it for someone that's been out of the 2wd buggy game for about 10-15 years? Thanks!
It is super plush. Very quiet handing (not easy to upset it) are words my friends describe how it handled. It is also very balanced. Predictable in the turns at speed in mid-motor config (in Los Angeles rear motor is dead). Shocks are very nice, You cannot go wrong with the buggy. Must haves in my book would be the Worlds 2x1.6 pistons. I never broke a thing when I had it and it took a few good tumbles. something else you may want to consider would be the AE slipper mod. My car with stock spur and slipper was very loud, and I really had to crank it down to keep it from squeeling. You need the HD spring/pads/whatever spur. For stock I ran a 70/33 exclusively for every track I raced it on (never did not podium with it either). Car is money, you wont regret it. And there are quite a few of us here to help you. It is also super durable so spares needed to carry around are minimal.
Old 03-07-2014, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Honestly,

With a car like this that is so relatively new, I would advise to buy new for the simple reason that you learn so much about a car and all of its systems and how to access every component when needed. Buying new you can learn the car reasonably quick, but it also comes with growing pains. Besides, unless you score an almost RTR kit for peanuts, you won't really save all that much over new.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

My car really began to come to life tonight, 3 runs, Mid motor 1st run excellent off corner entry running Soft rebar fronts and v1 Barcodes but still loose corner exit. Had to be gentle on the trigger,. Second round changed to Clay fronts. Wholly steering.. Fought the rear the whole race.. Then it came.. Clay front Clay rears and WOW does this thing turn. If only my driving ability kept up with the car... Going to switch to Rear motor for tomorrows racing for comparison sake. Also switching to gold shafts, 25rm 2.5f
Old 03-08-2014, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by dashat2
My car really began to come to life tonight, 3 runs, Mid motor 1st run excellent off corner entry running Soft rebar fronts and v1 Barcodes but still loose corner exit. Had to be gentle on the trigger,. Second round changed to Clay fronts. Wholly steering.. Fought the rear the whole race.. Then it came.. Clay front Clay rears and WOW does this thing turn. If only my driving ability kept up with the car... Going to switch to Rear motor for tomorrows racing for comparison sake. Also switching to gold shafts, 25rm 2.5f
You'll be slower in rear motor the tin shafts are a just to get the correct droop. I was running tin shafts with short eyelets, kyosho pink fronts/white rear springs, losi 30 front/25 rear, worlds 2x1.6 pistons, car was on rails.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
You'll be slower in rear motor the tin shafts are a just to get the correct droop. I was running tin shafts with short eyelets, kyosho pink fronts/white rear springs, losi 30 front/25 rear, worlds 2x1.6 pistons, car was on rails.
I run kyosho pink fronts and gold rears, 2 hold 1.6 world's pistons with AE 27.5 F and 25 R. Car is definitely fast in mid motor
Old 03-08-2014, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by 8drenlnjunkE
I run kyosho pink fronts and gold rears, 2 hold 1.6 world's pistons with AE 27.5 F and 25 R. Car is definitely fast in mid motor
I ended up on whites cause the Reedy Race layout had that big booter right before the straight and if you over jumped it, car would slap hard, White springs gave me a little bit more pack without totally throwing the car off. With the gold's it would smack pretty hard.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.