Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Hobby Pro USA PR S1 2wd Buggy ALL NEW

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2015, 04:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
Anybody got a good low pile astro turf setup ?

Got One up on petit rc setup page
Old 10-04-2015, 02:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
Anybody got a good low pile astro turf setup ?
Andrew will have a pretty good Astro setup after this week at the Worlds!

Jimmy
Old 10-05-2015, 07:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarsDad
Check that attached pic. It's a screenshot of my pricing.
Just an fyi since people have talked about the price jump on Hobbypro's site Caster Racing Parts still is showing the V3 at $289
http://www.casterracingparts.com/ind...product_id=938
Old 10-05-2015, 07:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Mike, I have brought it up. The price and performance are what intrigued me about this buggy. The price hike makes we wonder about what the company has in mind? The v2 went up almost 80.00$ is this an error by hp?
Old 10-05-2015, 08:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HarsDad
Mike, I have brought it up. The price and performance are what intrigued me about this buggy. The price hike makes we wonder about what the company has in mind? The v2 went up almost 80.00$ is this an error by hp?
Honestly I have no idea about their pricing; it does seem to fluctuate on their site a bit, but not as much as you showed. Also this is why I gave you another option to get the V3 at the earlier rate. You don't have to buy direct A-main carries it as well. Every time I go to the site not logged in I see the V2 at $239 and the V3 at $315 (up from the $289). Try clearing your internet cache, maybe something go on in there that is messing up the pricing. Were you signed in to your account when you took that phone screen shot? Have you checked it on another computer? Are you based in the US? If you were logged in (assuming you created an account) contact HobbyPro about it maybe something accidentally got flagged on your account causing a change in pricing. There is no reason you should be showing the v2 at $399 and the v3 at full retail. By the way Amain has the V2 for $221 which is a killer deal.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:13 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hey fella's. Looking for a new buggy for this indoor season. Im coming from dex210v2. Anyone here have experience with both to compare? Thanks
Old 10-05-2015, 10:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Airlmeier4422
Hey fella's. Looking for a new buggy for this indoor season. Im coming from dex210v2. Anyone here have experience with both to compare? Thanks
The flexibility you gain with the Dex210s options of both RM and MM are in this buggy in addition to a lot of premium feature stuff you usually need to hop up to get on other cars. Stuff like carbon fiber towers front and rear, TIN shafts, lots of aluminum. Shocks are on par with kyosho especially if you add xrings. Car is killer in both motor positions. I find its rear motor position best honestly as it retains its MM steering but has the power delivery of a RM. would definitely reccomened. I've had a Dex210 V2 and this car is a step up.
Old 10-05-2015, 10:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by likea45
The flexibility you gain with the Dex210s options of both RM and MM are in this buggy in addition to a lot of premium feature stuff you usually need to hop up to get on other cars. Stuff like carbon fiber towers front and rear, TIN shafts, lots of aluminum. Shocks are on par with kyosho especially if you add xrings. Car is killer in both motor positions. I find its rear motor position best honestly as it retains its MM steering but has the power delivery of a RM. would definitely reccomened. I've had a Dex210 V2 and this car is a step up.
Thanks for the reply likea45. I really like my dex210, but sometimes the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. And I watched this car a few times at my local track and it seemed amazing. Whats the deal with the V3? Date of release, do we know? Difference in v2-v3?

Thanks
Old 10-06-2015, 10:11 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the reply likea45. I really like my dex210, but sometimes the grass is greener on the other side of the fence. And I watched this car a few times at my local track and it seemed amazing. Whats the deal with the V3? Date of release, do we know? Difference in v2-v3?

Thanks
The V3 buggy is a mid motor only car aimed at high grip tracks. That's not to say it can't run on lower grip, just it was developed for higher grip. The major differences are the v3 has a low cg 3 gear trans, and accepts a square pack/shorty sideways. The front and rear suspension looks the same. They will still offer the V2 car for those running less than ideal track conditions.
Old 10-06-2015, 12:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcgerber
The V3 buggy is a mid motor only car aimed at high grip tracks. That's not to say it can't run on lower grip, just it was developed for higher grip. The major differences are the v3 has a low cg 3 gear trans, and accepts a square pack/shorty sideways. The front and rear suspension looks the same. They will still offer the V2 car for those running less than ideal track conditions.
Old 10-06-2015, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

Great info guys, thanks. So of course my local track was sucked into then mid motor phase this summer. And the top racers including me made mid motor work. Here's the catch, it's a semi loose loam during the day but at night it gains a decent amount of traction but still has some loam. So do I stay with the v2 or go with the v3?
Old 10-06-2015, 04:21 PM
Tech Regular

Great info guys, thanks. So of course my local track was sucked into then mid motor phase this summer. And the top racers including me made mid motor work. Here's the catch, it's a semi loose loam during the day but at night it gains a decent amount of traction but still has some loam. So do I stay with the v2 or go with the v3?
V2. Brilliant all rounder.

Jimmy
Old 10-06-2015, 08:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Personally, any car that is set up well and performs outstanding will perform well in ANY conditions and track type. These new laydown variety are what I'v been waiting for for a very long time and once you get one set up just right, minor tweaking is all one would need to have an optimum setup for a race day/weekend.

With most parts being interchangeable, if it turns out the V3 is lacking a little bit of weight on the rear, the brass RR suspension mount would achieve the desired effect but on the lowest possible, most rearward point.
Old 10-07-2015, 05:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I think I might have found the new buggy... the V3 The lowrider style transmissions are performing awesome here in the UK on astro (the YZ2 basically dominates) and I don't want to buy a buggy just to have to order lots of option parts to get to a lowrider setup (B5M, TCO2C EVO) and basically I cannot bring myself to spend the amount of money a YZ2 costs. So this might replace my Team C TM2V2 this winter when it is actually available!
Old 10-07-2015, 07:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

In all actuality, what you get with the YZ-2 is FAR MORE than you get with any other kit, less the ball diff, which I imagine will be included at some point. If you upgraded all the parts in most High-End kits the YZ-2 includes in the box you'd spend well above the $350 MSRP of the YZ-2.

Just saying.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.