Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

TLR 8IGHT E 3.0 THREAD

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2016, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I did the camber links movement that someone suggested, and it really helped a lot. I also had a shock end come off(rear of course,) so I super glued it with the black super glue, nasty stuff, and also adjusted the droop as also recommended to stop the shock ends from coming loose. It all worked, and I finished the race in one piece. Plus the car handled great. I was having a nightmare with the esc coming loose, rough track, but finally fixed it. When I got home, I shoegooed them in place, problem solved. At the end of the race I was getting faster and could really tell it. I have never drove this car to it's full potential, a shame really. The Tekin RX8 G2 and T8 1900 are a beast together.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:44 PM
Tech Elite

I forgot to add that I was told to go with the smallest sway bars up front and the largest in the rear. I don't know why, but it works.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Why you should not use the Long Ackerman Plate ?

Hi,

I lost many time to find why I can't place the steering servo on my prototype, and why I have always bad results :

The answer is : there is a problem why the Losi 8ight Long Ackerman Plate.
I let you some 2d draws, then every designer can try this.

This is a first draw with the servo saver parts, and the 69mm ( long ) ackerman plate.
The 21mm dimension is the LOSA4406, so we want to test with, for example, 30° in clockwise , and too, in anti clockwise, to compare.

This is the draw you can copy for testing :

So, I can test now with 30° clockwise, to turn at the left :

The same thing, but anti clokwise, to turn at the right :

You have seen different results, and it's normal.
If you want the same result with the wheels when you turn at the right or at the left, you will need to "travel" 30° and 24,347°.

These are two draws with an optional LOSA4406, on the left servo saver side, here you can see the differences :

So, if you use the long Ackerman plate, your wheels will not turn at the same angle on each side.
With the long Ackerman plate, the Losi turns better in the left turns compare to right turns !

A big error from Losi, like the problem with the short ackerman plate, because you need a dremel to use it in a reliable way for you steering servo !
Of course, the problem is exactly the same with Agama, Serpent, JQ, RB, Durango... all the systems with different measures between the Akcerman plate holes, and the servo saver posts.

Bye !

(Excuse me for my poor English)
The French designer

Last edited by KOULLIT; 10-25-2016 at 09:55 PM.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:16 AM
Tech Master

Hi Koullit,

You are correct in the fact that if your servo provides the same angle to your steering bellcrank left and right, your wheels will not turn the same.

However as long as you set the end points on your radio correctly, this will not be the case.

I'd like to point out that on your design the position of the servo is also altering the curves of your steering so if your servo provides the same throw left and right, the resulting angle to the steering bellcrank will not be equal left and right.

Originally Posted by KOULLIT
Hi,

I lost many time to find why I can't place the steering servo on my prototype, and why I have always bad results :

The answer is : there is a problem why the Losi 8ight Long Ackerman Plate.
I let you some 2d draws, then every designer can try this.

This is a first draw with the servo saver parts, and the 69mm ( long ) ackerman plate.
The 21mm dimension is the LOSA4406, so we want to test with, for example, 30° in clockwise , and too, in anti clockwise, to compare.

This is the draw you can copy for testing :

So, I can test now with 30° clockwise, to turn at the left :

The same thing, but anti clokwise, to turn at the right :

You have seen different results, and it's normal.
If you want the same result with the wheels when you turn at the right or at the left, you will need to "travel" 30° and 24,347°.

These are two draws with an optional LOSA4406, on the left servo saver side, here you can see the differences :

So, if you use the long Ackerman plate, your wheels will not turn at the same angle on each side.
With the long Ackerman plate, the Losi turns better in the left turns compare to right turns !

A big error from Losi, like the problem with the short ackerman plate, because you need a dremel to use it in a reliable way for you steering servo !
Of course, the problem is exactly the same with Agama, Serpent, JQ, RB, Durango... all the systems with different measures between the Akcerman plate holes, and the servo saver posts.

Bye !

(Excuse me for my poor English)
The French designer
Old 10-26-2016, 09:17 AM
Tech Regular

Hello TRF415boy,

You think EPA is a solution, it's your opinion, this will not change the difference between right and left before to reach this end point. And it's impossible to set up exponential on each servo side.
So, even from the knowed designers, it's not an answer, or not a right one.

you said : "I'd like to point out that on your design the position of the servo is also altering the curves of your steering so if your servo provides the same throw left and right, the resulting angle to the steering bellcrank will not be equal left and right."

You are all false, it appears you didn't create simulation !
In my way to place the steering servo, results are excactly the same on each side, there is not any altered curve.

Bye !
Old 10-26-2016, 04:05 PM
Tech Initiate

Just bought my first 1/8th Losi Electric car to start racing I used to race 1/8th Nitro.

Now i'm joining back to racing and bought a used Losi 8 3.0 really good condition.

On the list for shopping ( hope this is a good setup )

Tekin RX8 Motor & ESC combo 2050kv Going to be running 4s4000's.
Looking at either the Spektrum DX6r OR the futaba 4PX.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:40 PM
Tech Elite

Get the Tekin 1900 motor, it is plenty! DX6R has a bad rap right now.
Old 11-04-2016, 06:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Anybody have any suggestions as to what body I can run on my Losi 8ight converted to E 3.0? I bought an eight-e 3.0 body and it is way too narrow. And the stock nitro body that came with my car hits my 6500mah batteries
Old 11-06-2016, 05:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by cloead
Anybody have any suggestions as to what body I can run on my Losi 8ight converted to E 3.0? I bought an eight-e 3.0 body and it is way too narrow. And the stock nitro body that came with my car hits my 6500mah batteries
I am wondering the same thing. Nitro losi 3.0 converted and i need to find a body thats going to fit
Old 11-08-2016, 07:47 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Leo moreno
I am wondering the same thing. Nitro losi 3.0 converted and i need to find a body thats going to fit
I ordered a JConcepts Illuzion Finnisher Clear Body: TLR 8ight 2.0

Hopefully it works out
Old 11-09-2016, 05:11 PM
Tech Rookie

I have a LOSI 3.0 Nitro I converted to an electric I can't seem to find a body the has enough room for my batteries.
Old 11-09-2016, 05:13 PM
Tech Rookie

I have a LOSI 3.0 Nitro I converted to an electric I can't seem to find a body the has enough room for my batteries. anyone have any thoughts or have had this problem.
Old 11-10-2016, 01:54 AM
dtr
Tech Master

LOSA8097, or an FTW Exabyte if you can find one.
Old 11-10-2016, 04:47 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sunnyE
I have a LOSI 3.0 Nitro I converted to an electric I can't seem to find a body the has enough room for my batteries.

The post directly above yours answers your question.... The 2.0 body fits converted 3.0
Old 11-10-2016, 01:53 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by cloead
I ordered a JConcepts Illuzion Finnisher Clear Body: TLR 8ight 2.0

Hopefully it works out
Welp same as my old body, 4500mah fits, 6500 does not

Originally Posted by dtr
LOSA8097, or an FTW Exabyte if you can find one.
Is that for a 3.0 nitro?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.