Like Tree3Likes

X-Factory X-6 Cubed

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 10:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the info :-)
Old 03-25-2016, 04:22 PM
Tech Rookie

Everything in the A-main review is true. I know because I wrote it! The Sinclair guys are always working an angle, and all us club racers reap the benefits. The more I drive the cubed the faster we both get. I like the infinity chassis a lot, but if I'm on my game they still can't run with the cubed on my local carpet track. I can't wait to see an Xfactory kit!
Old 03-25-2016, 07:47 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks, Olds. Will we see you at some of the Michigan outdoor races this summer?
Old 03-28-2016, 11:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Which chassis protector do you use? My buggy came with a clear skin but the rear started peeling up and needed to be cut? I would like a clear skin that I can cut to size if needed, I want to show off the awesome carbon fiber look!!

Another question. I'm getting my stadium truck today (new to me through a trade). It comes with the schelle spur but has the slipper lockout on it. Does anyone know what parts I need to get this back to a standard slipper?

Can't wait to get my hands on the X60cf!!!
Old 03-28-2016, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

StickIt1 Graphics makes a chassis protector for the X - 6 Cubed, and, I think, for the Infinity B5M. Check with them.
Old 04-04-2016, 10:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Western Australian State Titles 17.5 stock 2wd

Just a quick post to show how great the x6 cubed still is.

I managed to finish second this year at the Western Australia State titles and was on pace all day.

I had a bit of bad luck to start with by holding my brake on the start line for the first qualifier and the car switched off. I couldn't believe it! I didn't get to start until about 2 min in and then did the fastest lap.

I ended up qualifying second for the finals and had more bad luck. I made a bad setup change and couldn't push hard enough to stay with the leader but was still well clear of the rest of the field. On the last lap I backed off to avoid a car that was on its roof causing me to case a double and land on my roof causing me to loose 3 positions and finish in fifth.

The next final more bad luck getting taken out in the first corner and put into last place. Then I copped a stop go penalty for hitting someone in the carnage costing me more time. This made me push harder and the car was perfect after changing setup from the first final.
I then managed to get through the whole field and passed the car in second place on the last lap finishing second.

The last final was critical after a 5th and 2nd but this time I started with nobody in front of me as the winner decided not to contest the 3rd final.
I ended up driving away from the field and finished in 1st place lapping everyone.

This is my best result I've ever had, but I think I may have to retire the cubed soon. I run MIP pucks and my diff outdrives are worn out. I need replacements and cant get them anymore. B4 parts are starting to dry up and the back of my chassis is just about worn through!

I think my next car will be a B5M with infinity chassis to keep it in the X factory family.

Here's a pic of the car.

Old 04-05-2016, 12:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

Great stuff
Old 04-05-2016, 05:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ezimmerman
Which chassis protector do you use? My buggy came with a clear skin but the rear started peeling up and needed to be cut? I would like a clear skin that I can cut to size if needed, I want to show off the awesome carbon fiber look!!

Another question. I'm getting my stadium truck today (new to me through a trade). It comes with the schelle spur but has the slipper lockout on it. Does anyone know what parts I need to get this back to a standard slipper?

Can't wait to get my hands on the X60cf!!!
I pick up a proline chassis protector from Amain. It is clear and comes in sheets that I cut to fit the cubed. And there are 2 per pack, so I can update both vehicles at the same time.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:29 PM
Tech Elite

Great job DJ!!!!!! Thanks for letting us know! Good write-up too.

You guys run a lot of loose outdoor tracks, where the Cubed is truly at home. Does A Main still have the outdrives? If so, I'd stay with the Cubed.
Old 04-05-2016, 07:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YoungChazz
Great job DJ!!!!!! Thanks for letting us know! Good write-up too.

You guys run a lot of loose outdoor tracks, where the Cubed is truly at home. Does A Main still have the outdrives? If so, I'd stay with the Cubed.
Thanks Chazz,

Amain and Mip dont seem to have the pucks alloy outdrives anymore.

I'm pretty sure the steel associated ones are still available and I'm thinking of converting back to steel.
Using the alloy stuff means that I have to add weight to the back of my car so I'm hoping that going back to steel means not having to add weight and ending up with the same overall weight.

Also, everyone always comments on how much corner speed my car has so I should stick with it.

My car came in at 1510 grams at the weekend. I'm wondering if the extra rotation mass will be an issue on med to low grip dirt?
Old 04-06-2016, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

I don't think it'll be a major deal, DJ. The Cubed is killer on outdoor tracks. Lots of corner speed, and develops more forward bite than anything else. Those characteristics won't go away.
Old 04-14-2016, 07:39 PM
Tech Adept

I just noticed AMain listed a ton of X-Factory stuff on eBay. It looks like it's still the standard price though. I hope they aren't discontinuing their X-Factory line.
Old 04-14-2016, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

A Main certainly is not discontinuing the X Factory line. We shipped them a big order last week and another one just today.
Old 04-16-2016, 09:25 AM
Tech Adept

Chazz that's awesome because I love my X-Factory cars!

Ran a club race last night in fact. Ended up 2nd in mod stadium truck with the X60cf. I'm running a super stock (13.5 no timing) against full mods (8.5s boosted), but the X60 handles so awesomely the lower power wasn't much of a hinderence.

In 17.5 stock buggy the driver (that's me) couldn't pull it together through the heat races so I ended up qualifying 5th. In the main though I kept it together stayed clean and ran some of the fastest laps on the track. Ended up in a back and forth battle for 1st for the last 2 minutes of the race but I had a slight mistake on the last lap to bring the X6 cubed home in a strong 2nd!

Thank you X-Factory for building awesome cars that are so easy to drive fast!!
Old 04-16-2016, 01:41 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the props, EZ.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.