Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

X-Factory X-6 Cubed

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2016, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

I had to take a trip out to see the daughter/husband/grandkids in Colorado over the last 8 days, so haven't been here for a while.

How did things work out, Olds?
Old 02-09-2016, 09:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

Im loving the way this buggy is so easy to drive. I may have gotten lucky and figured out the perfect set up cause I never had a buggy that was so simple and easy to race with. Any idea who makes a lexan under chassis ? I was looking at European place that used to have but was sold out , thanks
Old 02-09-2016, 01:28 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by peter george
Im loving the way this buggy is so easy to drive. I may have gotten lucky and figured out the perfect set up cause I never had a buggy that was so simple and easy to race with. Any idea who makes a lexan under chassis ? I was looking at European place that used to have but was sold out , thanks
I'd send DMS Racing in the UK an email asking when they'll get more undertrays in. They are the UK distributors for XFactory & the undertray is something they've had made for themselfs.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 377 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Myall
I'd send DMS Racing in the UK an email asking when they'll get more undertrays in. They are the UK distributors for XFactory & the undertray is something they've had made for themselfs.
Ok will do, thanks for the info.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default x6- cubed undertray

Bugleboy racing in Australia makes an undertray for the cubed.

http://www.bugleboyracing.com/index.php?productid=38
Old 02-10-2016, 01:24 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by YoungChazz
I had to take a trip out to see the daughter/husband/grandkids in Colorado over the last 8 days, so haven't been here for a while.

How did things work out, Olds?
Everything went together smooooth. Got the cubed done and ran a nice second in the A. TQ'd last weekend and the thing is killing it. Wouldn't be surprised to see a couple more bought by guys at my track. By the way, are you guys going to renew the xfactoryrc domain?
Old 02-10-2016, 01:29 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DJ_KILROY
Bugleboy racing in Australia makes an undertray for the cubed.

http://www.bugleboyracing.com/index.php?productid=38

It's possible he made the ones DMS Racing sell, as I believe he makes the Cubed shell anyway
Old 02-10-2016, 09:05 PM
Tech Elite

Of course we intend to renew our domain name. There are some issues with the site hosting company and we are working them out now.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

I am thinking of moving to a cubed from a squared, so whats next for the car? It would be nice to know where its going before deciding what to do
Old 03-23-2016, 12:06 AM
Tech Rookie

Any news or updates for Cubed ? I see many team drivers using B5M.
Old 03-23-2016, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Stueys, we don't have an UpGrade Kit K031 in stock, but I think A Main does. There's a review on there from an average customer -- not a Team guy -- that you'll want to read.

http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars-...fck031/p260514

Akimrc, the Cubed remains the fastest thing out there. The FlexDeck technology is something nobody else has, and, along with the basic engineering of the CF chassis the car is simply awesome.

Most of the Team guys, and even Paul, are driving the Infinity car because we are selling far more of them, so that's where we want the promotion and development work to go. We struggle to keep up with production of the three Infinity chassies, and in fact we are finally catching up so we'll have them in stock on our web store most of the time.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think that tells me what I need to know, thanks :-)
Old 03-24-2016, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Let me be sure nobody gets the wrong impression here. We still make the X - 6 Cubed, the X - 60CF, and the SCX - 60CF. Paul and several Team drivers are campaigning a new SCX - 61; Paul and Team driver Cade Bivens blew the field away with their SCX - 61s last weekend at the Tennessee Winter Championship. There's lots of video up of Paul with his Cubed and 61 at Motorama, and vid from the WinterChamps coming soon.

But the simple fact is that all those vehicles are Conversion Kits for the older B4 products, and most people are driving 5s now. Like everyone else, we must work with what's out there, and our Infinity line is designed to make improvements to many different cars, not just AE. We make a great CF stiffener for the Losi 8ight arms, a cool battery strap for the Serpent buggy, and other stuff too. Included in the Infinity line are CF chassis kits for all the current AE 5 series vehicles, and they are really good. Much like our Conversion Kits, put an Infinity kit on your car and you'll go faster!
Old 03-24-2016, 09:31 AM
Tech Rookie

I am private racer and i am former national champion in my country with x6sq. Still have all xfactory cars, and new cubed is great car.
Dont get me wrong, but competition is progressing every day and i need more options.

Cubed still using 10 years old gearbox with weak idler gears.
3-gear transmission case is out of stock many years. And lay down trans ?
Only low cost CF chassis. Why not ALU ?
Flex technology is good marketing thing, but only one option...

Michal.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

The X - 6 Cubed continues to have many significant advantages over most of the "modern" cars. We moved away from the molded graphite chassis because it is too stiff for most club-level drivers. It takes a world-class driver to utilize the advantages of an ultra-stiff car, while club-level guys do much better with at least some flex. World-class drivers don't pay for their cars, while club level drivers have lots of fun buying theirs. Why would we go backwards to aluminum, which is too stiff and tweaks besides?

That 4-Gear transmission was the first of its kind -- a revolution -- and the principles of Physics have not changed. You get far more forward bite with the 4-Gear. Akimrc, I hope your Cubed is as much a rocket out of the corners as Paul's is.

Laydown transmissions are an attempt to get more steering on ultra high bite surfaces like carpet and astro. The real answer for astro is the U.K. "cheater" car which moves the weight even further forward; one TQed the worlds and set fastest lap in all three A mains.

FlexDeck technology is not a marketing thing. It's a crucial area of car design which allows a greater range of tuning options than anything we've seen.

X Factory has learned a lot since the X - 6 Cubed was first designed, and these things are being incorporated into everything we do. Watch video of the SCX - 61 to see a major advance in short course design.

As I tried to explain above, the Conversion Kits are taking a back seat in the production schedule so we can make the faster-selling Infinity parts which make great improvements in many newer cars. There's only so much time in the day for this 2-man company, and our one router runs full time making the parts that sell best. FlexDeck technology is deep inside the Infinity kits for the AE 5 series, which is why they are so fast.

X Factory decided a while ago not to make any more Conversion Kits. We will continue to make Infinity parts for as many cars as we can until we've got the pile of money necessary to make the whole car. When that happens, watch out!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.