Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looking for our first car for my son. Low speed off road

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2013, 05:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I gotta second a rock crawler would be best. That was my first vehicle. Way too slow to do any harm. Will teach him basic driving skills, throttle control and steering.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:36 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

+100 for the slash combo on tower. they should be doing free shipping over 99 soon and with the $15 off, its a pretty good deal.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Reread the original post knuckle heads..... he is building a track which implies racing, therefore associated or losi. As far as newbie, I've won more races than you fools have been to. if he gets a traxxas he just going to get rid of it a year or two later to get something that is a race vehicle. training mode is for newbies as anyone with knowledge knows you can turn high point down on a radio and make anything as slow as you want.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:14 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by hansenrogers
My son turns 4 soon and I'm looking for a low cost but controllable and very low speed. We live in the woods and have lots of land so I want to build him a track that we can work on together and build on. We are very new to this so any info or pointers would be appreciated.
As we all known, driving the car is not and easy thing to do, and I think this is not advisable for the minors to drive a car. However, teach them on how to make a good person someday rather than driving with out any sense or not relate to the society as of now.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racermac73
Reread the original post knuckle heads..... he is building a track which implies racing, therefore associated or losi. As far as newbie, I've won more races than you fools have been to. If he gets a traxxas he just going to get rid of it a year or two later to get something that is a race vehicle. training mode is for newbies as anyone with knowledge knows you can turn high point down on a radio and make anything as slow as you want.
He is building basically a back yard track, not a real race track. So the track will more than likely be loose and rough. Thats one place where the slash shines over most other vehicles. Also if he wants to go to a real track most places have a stock Slash or sportsman class. If he decides racing is his thing he can always sell it and get a race truck.

He is getting it for a 4yr old to drive and play with outside. If there is a puddle or wet spot the kid will hit it. If he gets an Ass. or Losi then he is sitting with a toy thats junk. Also training mode on a Traxxas is very easy for a beginner to figure out. Setting the EPA and making other adjustments on a Traxxas radio should require a Certificate. haha. Its a little complicated the first few times you do it.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:44 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by naomiswanson
As we all known, driving the car is not and easy thing to do, and I think this is not advisable for the minors to drive a car. However, teach them on how to make a good person someday rather than driving with out any sense or not relate to the society as of now.
... I see plenty of 4 yr olds and younger driving R/C. How does this have anything to do with teaching him to be a good person? Its not a one or the other thing.