Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hacker07
You may want to try the stock rear bumper, up to you. We did update it with this truck again as well as some strengthening of the front bumper.
Yeah I noticed the front bumper was slightly different - cant pt my finger on it but the material seemed differet. I noticed the gear case plastics seem a little better, too - more fibers in the plastic? Plastics in general seem more TLR then the old stuff.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...CTE48G01;c=488

looks sexy ... is the one included in the kit plastic?
Old 03-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by agarabaghi
Hey my Jammin made it back from the track in 1 peice last week ... ( i have rpm modded arms on it)...

Im not arguing this truck is years above in RD and quality. Im just in awe some would be so quick to judge because "i dont race". I enjoy the hobby, i enjoy helping people at the track who know less than i do, and I enjoy the ability to kind of get away from everything while at the track.

Oh and the reason i dont race is that I have no consistent ride to the track.

As for getting a real job... RC cars and hobbies, my real toys are much bigger / nicer / more expensive. My job is just fine...
There is a real small track near here indoor, LRH and I would have to bring bags of the upper links. I did the double traxx link mod,then it would lose an arm any time it would clip anything (You know!) Just trying to re assur ya,leave those fears about arms and such behind.Some people are looking for arguments here.Just gotta let it go...Like most of us that are not working today I`m Just waiting on the garage to warm up soos I can go wrench..LOL I know you guys who live where it snows just got a laugh out a that one,waiting on it to warm up enough to wear shorts ..lol

Last edited by BmainStar; 03-07-2013 at 12:42 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by BmainStar
There is a real small track near here indoor, LRH and I would have to bring bags of the upper links. I did the double traxx link mod,then it would lose an arm any time it would clip anything (You know!) Just trying to re assur ya,leave those fears about arms and such behind.Some people are looking for arguments here.Just gotta let it go...Like most of us that are not working today I`m Just waiting on the garage to warm up soos I can go wrench..
Good to know. And i plan on building the kit and running it stock obviously... i know my style of driving and the parts which i mess up the most =P
Old 03-07-2013, 12:51 PM
Tech Master

I know, I'm not bashing my 2.0 I bought it for racing I wouldn't go out and spend around 1200-1500$ on a rc to bash around, I was just asking because some stock stuff is cheap and like I said I'm not that experienced yet but we were all noobs at one point

Anyways I just got back from my LHS, today is going to be a good day got my kit, tools, paint, and a 12er haha, will post some pics later
Old 03-07-2013, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Good to know. And i plan on building the kit and running it stock obviously... i know my style of driving and the parts which i mess up the most =P
This hobby is about fun, so I say, build it and have a blast. If you break it, consider the break and if it should be changed. That is one of the biggest issues in RC today, the mentality that it broke once, must be a huge problem and now i have to go spend a bunch of money on an upgrade. Sometimes, we deserve to break, lol. But I can tell you, I have spent a lot of time making changes and updating parts to make this the best and most durable vehicle out there.
Old 03-07-2013, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by XRated SCT
I know, I'm not bashing my 2.0 I bought it for racing I wouldn't go out and spend around 1200-1500$ on a rc to bash around, I was just asking because some stock stuff is cheap and like I said I'm not that experienced yet but we were all noobs at one point

Anyways I just got back from my LHS, today is going to be a good day got my kit, tools, paint, and a 12er haha, will post some pics later
Sounds like we need to make a drinking game for ya then...could be fun...Let's see, every time you see the symbol for black grease, you have to drink...
Old 03-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
I apologize for saying anything about RPM. How about we all look at a dark picture of a half built 2.0 and make up and be friends?

sweet Turk!!
Those aluminum rear hubs?
with kit? or from the 1.0?

Originally Posted by hacker07
You may want to try the stock rear bumper, up to you. We did update it with this truck again as well as some strengthening of the front bumper. Also, just as always, its a good idea to put the side screws of the rear bumper in place and then back them out a turn (3 on each side of the rear bumper)
nice!!
Old 03-07-2013, 01:01 PM
Tech Master

haha ... watch my RC8Be build timelapse, i go throught a quite a few beers and some other stuff, have a trip to the bar where we come back wasted, finished the build while getting into a fight with the girl and then "making up"... all in all completed the building in 1 sitting (kinda ...)

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:02 PM
Tech Prophet

http://www.hot-racing.com/index.cgi?...CTE48G01;c=488

looks sexy ... is the one included in the kit plastic?

Boy that does look nice ! However if you do get it i recommend using a Plastic servo Horn so theres some give in the steering . If you use a Alum Horn it will break somewhere else.
Old 03-07-2013, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Boy that does look nice ! However if you do get it i recommend using a Plastic servo Horn so theres some give in the steering . If you use a Alum Horn it will break somewhere else.
Yup! had that issue on my RC8be ...but my hitech servo had so much torque it would bend the alum servo horn ha... figured out the issue and no more
Old 03-07-2013, 01:26 PM
Suspended

Oh and the reason i dont race is that I have no consistent ride to the track.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I prefer alu servo horn because sometimes with plastic ones when you hit something it can jump a few teeths.

To the other guy, if your bending an aluminum servo horn it's because of your end points on the control are set too high, turn them down until you get full throw to both sides without making the servo travel farther than it needs to.

On the arms, losi have one of the strongest arms I've seen. No need to 'upgrade' them.
My .02 cents
Old 03-07-2013, 01:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey, not a secret but found this thread here about wiring. Makes me want to fire up the soldering gun a work on my messy wiring jobs
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ng-thread.html

Waiting for my kit to show up
Old 03-07-2013, 01:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ryan/hacker07 can you explain what pulling the scte 2.0 off of hcp means ? i called my LHS to see if horizon shipped my scte 2.0 yet and he said he isn't expecting them untill the later part of next week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.