Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2013, 06:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grandturk
No - they are only for the rear diff. The rear gear case comes stock with plastic inserts. The aluminum ones are nice but i ran my truck for a long time without them. They're a "nice to have."
Ive never seen the diffs onthe scte, are they not the same front and rear like most trucks?

Ordoes the kit come with front inserts that are alum...
Old 03-05-2013, 06:13 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Derry
Did pablo just win the internet fight??? If so please let me know so I can add him to my most badass people ever list.
Don't do that, the Kyosho people will find out and take your avatar away.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pablo040
Don't do that, the Kyosho people will find out and take your avatar away.
That's it! You made the list....
Old 03-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Whitey_Wangster
Hey Guys,

Two questions. I'm going to be running my RX8 when I get the 2.0 but Tekin doesn't have a 275mm sensor wire. Which one do you guys recommend? Also are the 22SCT wheels the same as far as offset? I really like the wheel dot idea and want to put them on the 2.0 Thanks
Yes, that was one of the intrinsic design concepts of the 22SCT -- knowing that many racers had both trucks, to share wheel offset between the two so racers could cut down on their tire/wheel inventory.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by agarabaghi
Ive never seen the diffs onthe scte, are they not the same front and rear like most trucks?

Ordoes the kit come with front inserts that are alum...
No they are not the same , the rear diff has a different ring gear as its teeth run along the outside of the diff so the diff pinion is offset from the center in the rear diff case . Losi did this on the original 8ight 1/8 scale buggy to move the nitro motor closer to the centerline of the chassis .

There are no inserts for the front diff ......
Old 03-05-2013, 06:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

How is horizons customer with defective parts? I just got my scte 2.0 and on the right front spindle part #LOSB2100 where the the set screws go to hold LOSB4109 is too big. Sothe screw doesn't catch. It just falls in. Is it worth contacting horizon and try to get a replacement part? It's pretty upsetting since I was hoping to get it together for this weekends racing.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roberto_1029
How is horizons customer with defective parts? I just got my scte 2.0 and on the right front spindle part #LOSB2100 where the the set screws go to hold LOSB4109 is too big. Sothe screw doesn't catch. It just falls in. Is it worth contacting horizon and try to get a replacement part? It's pretty upsetting since I was hoping to get it together for this weekends racing.
Horizons customer service is awesome. When I first got my scte the first pack I broke the rear bumper and even though I tightened the wheel nuts they came loose and stripped out the wheel. I called them to let them know what happened and they sent me new set of wheels and tires plus a bumper. That's what I call great customer service.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

is there alot of differences between the 1.0 and 2.0 versions?
Old 03-05-2013, 06:57 PM
Tech Prophet

I would see first if you have any bigger ones from your toolbox. When i got my 1.0 it was missing wheelbase washers and i called Horizon about it and nothing ever happen couldnt get though with them at all.

It could of been just a certain person who was being lazy .

So i said screw it and bought the washers.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pablo040
1) THIS truck (2.0) has NOT been around 2 years.
2) This thread was started 1-13-2013 (nope, not 2 years either).
3) I came here to read about the truck, not have a pissing match or trudge through 9pages of babbling. And thus my request.
4) If you had been calm enough and mature enough to take the time to read what I wrote instead of pitching a fit you might have seen my point. I am allowed my opinion am I not?
5) As far as intimate familiarity with farm animals I'll leave that to you.
The Scte has been out 2 yrs. And Yes I like farm animals
Any way I do know what You and brmbully are trying to say, I just think it is ok with people showing some stoke for the truck .People just got the truck yesterday so 80 pages of ,I want ,I wish,blah blah blah.Your only gonna get so much info for now!!Anyway Welcome to the thread and the truck if its new for you!!!! Cheers!!!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Any hardware store should have set screws... they are used in more than RC parts
Old 03-05-2013, 07:06 PM
Suspended

They're top knotch.
Be ready to email them a cellphone pic of your receipt and defective part, and they'll get you out what you need (usually) same day. No muss, no fuss.

Just make sure it's an actual defect before you call, because that seems kind of strange. But if it's an assembly issue of your own making, sometimes people are in too big of a hurry and mix up parts, one of their techs can talk you through it.

If it's just a screw, or something you can pick up cheap at the hobby shop or local hardware store, usually it's not worth the hassle or half hour or so it's going to take on
the phone. TLR's manufacturing, kits, and packaging of parts are exceptional and while thongs slip through the cracks something seems amiss with your complaint.
Old 03-05-2013, 07:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Grandturk
I think I saw your truck flying around in there in the A - nice job. With a new layout going in for the Showdown we still talking like Clay Panther Switches, Rattlers, Gold Barcodes?
Yeah I was able to take down second which im pretty pumped about.I didnt realize it during the race but i wasnt that far behind Anthony for most of the race.His truck looked awesome though when i was able to watch the earlier qual.Yeah i ran switches my first qual and they were lacking a little side bite so i decided to give the proline ions a shot.I had just picked them up and wanted to give them a shot.They were awesome.Great side bite and enough forward.I wish i had another set for my two wheel.Anyways back to the thread.I picked my 2.0 up today and im gonna start the build tommoro night after work.Im hoping to have it for wolcotts trophy race sunday!
Old 03-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Im curious of how that can be if the wheel axle and lock nut go flush into the wheel

I was just going by two guys with SCTE who tried them.
Originally Posted by fantomdude
I run 22sct wheels on my scte and vise a versa no problem there the same offset
Yup, had them on my 1.0 w/o an issue and dont see any changes to the driveline so there would be no reason why they still dont fit the 2.0.

I do think the 22SCT rims do look better...i'll have to see if i can sell the 2 sets of stock rims and the 1 set of beadlock rings that came with this kit and buy some more 22SCT rims...my indoor set of rubber was on a set of 22SCT rims and they guy that bought my roller wanted the ION SC tires that were on the rims

ON another note....got the front put on the chassis, built the diff, and will be working on it again tomorrow as my wife makes up confrences they missed last week due to the snow storm so i'll have all night after work to work on it some more
Old 03-05-2013, 08:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Whitey_Wangster
Hey Guys,

Two questions. I'm going to be running my RX8 when I get the 2.0 but Tekin doesn't have a 275mm sensor wire. Which one do you guys recommend? Also are the 22SCT wheels the same as far as offset? I really like the wheel dot idea and want to put them on the 2.0 Thanks
I went with the Team Orion 270mm because that was the longest wire I could find at amain

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.