Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2016, 03:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tacobob89
Just converted my diffs to oil, my ring gears are almost brand new and there seems to be a rough spot on the ring gear when the housing is assembled. Iv inspected the ring and pinion and cant see anything wrong with them. Is this normal? Will it smooth out with some runs or am i doing something wrong?
Maybe wanna check your shimming again. I had the same problem at first, and adjusting the shims helped a little, but in the end I just ended up running the crap out of it and that all went away.
Old 01-03-2016, 03:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Josh L
Maybe wanna check your shimming again. I had the same problem at first, and adjusting the shims helped a little, but in the end I just ended up running the crap out of it and that all went away.
All the parts are fresh, I have no shims in it. Housing and gears have maybe 30 mins on them. Before this current build that is. If the screws arent tightened on the housing theres no roughness, once the 4 screws are tightened that hold the housing together there one rough spot on ring gear. I can tell its between the ring and pinion and not rubbing the housing. Maybe just needs broke in?
Old 01-03-2016, 03:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

And theres not much slop at all, im afraid if i put a shim inbetween the diff bearing and diff case it will bind the bearings pretty bad.
Old 01-03-2016, 04:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ResultsRC
I modded my previous scte with some losi 2.0 balls,but struggled getting them to work on the outer hubs also. I used some mip links for steering,but the screws were a pain on the steering rack Tried the losi HA balls,they are better but not worth the effort,steel is only whay to go imho.I always wondered why the losi 8 2.0 buggy used the smaller balls and ends,and all the other losi and other brands used the bigger ones?I had to use teflon tape on screws that went through the balls to really get them tight.someone has to make more precise fit balls and screws than this. my stock tekno 410 is crazy tight precise with stock parts and seems to never wear out,but those ends will not work on the scte

I have another scte that needs tightening up,can someone post the parts #s to all the parts needed to do so including the screws and nuts for these cen balls,as well as the losi 2.0 plastic ends I got way more durability outa those plastics than the stock ends.do the cen balls fit inside the steering rack? trying to order all these parts at local hs is a pain without part numbers.... this should be a sticky on first page info if someone has all the part #s needed to do so
Someone has these part #s floating around their pit box. Also anyone know if there is a better seal for the diffs that will work as good as the xray washers do in them. I ran the xray washers for close to 100 packs and they look perfect but the seals are still leaking in both front and rear diffs on the motor side of truck.
Old 01-03-2016, 04:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by stelio279
I read somewhere - not sure where now, maybe the 1.0 thread - that the Amain Protek Mugen Diff O-Rings worked well. I just installed them in the center diff and they fit fine. Can't really comment yet if they are better than stock Losi ones though. Part number PTK-1001
so how did these seals work out for you long term,says protek made them thicker and they seal better long term. Does protek make shock seals that will work in the scte shocks?
Old 01-03-2016, 04:27 PM
Tech Addict

And theres not much slop at all, im afraid if i put a shim inbetween the diff bearing and diff case it will bind the bearings pretty bad.
I know exactly what you mean. Mine did that to. When I pulled on the pinion outdrive it would relieve just enough pressure to make it go away also when turning it by hand. It really bothered me at first, cause I am OCD with stuff like this, but I just finally ignored it since there wasn't anything I could do about it really and it went away completely after several runs.
I guess as you suggested, it just has to be broke in a bit.
Old 01-03-2016, 05:50 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Josh L
I know exactly what you mean. Mine did that to. When I pulled on the pinion outdrive it would relieve just enough pressure to make it go away also when turning it by hand. It really bothered me at first, cause I am OCD with stuff like this, but I just finally ignored it since there wasn't anything I could do about it really and it went away completely after several runs.
I guess as you suggested, it just has to be broke in a bit.
Thanks for the help and responses all!
Old 01-03-2016, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

use a little bit of toothpaste instead of grease on the ring gear,shim it tight on front of the bevel gear and shim as tight as you can get it to fit in the case,it will run quite quick and never develop backlash gear slop
Old 01-03-2016, 08:51 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Just converted my diffs to oil, my ring gears are almost brand new and there seems to be a rough spot on the ring gear when the housing is assembled. Iv inspected the ring and pinion and cant see anything wrong with them. Is this normal? Will it smooth out with some runs or am i doing something wrong?
Sometimes you will find a rough spot. IT should be find and run in.
Old 01-03-2016, 08:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Casper
Sometimes you will find a rough spot. IT should be find and run in.
Thanks for the reply, I will put a few good practice sessions on them and recheck.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I recently installed the overdrive ring and pinion in my 3.0e and have fallen in love with it..... Is there such a set up for this truck? I have searched a bit, but on a mobile results aren't always the best....

If no overdrive for front, is there an under drive for the rear?
Old 01-04-2016, 08:24 AM
Tech Prophet

Thanks for the reply, I will put a few good practice sessions on them and recheck.
It seems to be a little hit or miss on guys that find that hang up point. I had it on my truck and it worked itself out pretty quick.

Originally Posted by waffleNchicken
I recently installed the overdrive ring and pinion in my 3.0e and have fallen in love with it..... Is there such a set up for this truck? I have searched a bit, but on a mobile results aren't always the best....

If no overdrive for front, is there an under drive for the rear?
I am not aware of anyone that had done this for the SCTE yet.
Old 01-04-2016, 10:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper

I am not aware of anyone that had done this for the SCTE yet.

That is unfortunate. The little bit of extra drive in the front of the 3.0 sure made a difference.

Maybe there is another brand ring and pinion that will fit and give me the gearing difference I'm after? Do you know, Casper?
Old 01-04-2016, 10:59 AM
Tech Prophet

That is unfortunate. The little bit of extra drive in the front of the 3.0 sure made a difference.

Maybe there is another brand ring and pinion that will fit and give me the gearing difference I'm after? Do you know, Casper?
Like I said I am not aware of anyone doing this for the Ten series.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:02 PM
Tech Addict

Just go up on front diff oil a little. It will give you what you are after. 1k or 2k should get it done.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.