Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2013, 10:25 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tommygun1
Guess not.....
I'm shocked. Maybe my build was poor. I've replaced all my broken parts and triple checked everything. Hopefully i don't run into the same issues.
Old 09-06-2013, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Derry
What do you mean by zero backlash?
The plastic "pucks" around the drive pin fits snug inside the outdrives - so you don't have any slack movement between the outdrives and the drive pin. That means the outdrives isn't constantly slamming the pin and causing wear.

Originally Posted by bds81175
Ouch! Those things are $75! How much are the pucks? I'm assuming they are pretty dirt cheap. I would assume it would be a pretty good update if the pucks are inexpensive. No more worn outdrives and drive shafts.
$4-$5 for replacement pucks according to MIP site.
Old 09-06-2013, 12:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by darkstar1974
I'm shocked. Maybe my build was poor. I've replaced all my broken parts and triple checked everything. Hopefully i don't run into the same issues.
I found the truck to be pretty strong. I've been racing mine since nats and haven't had anything break yet...
Old 09-06-2013, 12:49 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by darkstar1974
Got it. I think I'm set up like that currently, but will check tonight.

My biggest issue with the steering on the 2.0 is the ackerman screws keep backing out of the bellcrank. I've had 2 DNF's in the past month as a result. I just picked up the ST aluminum version and will use some blue locktite on these. Hopefully it helps. In either event, I've broken 3-4 things on this truck already and I've only been racing it for 2 months.

Anyone else finding certain parts (outside of the ackerman issue mentioned) of this truck to be fragile? Specially the CV coupler set up for the driveshafts (I wore 2 of those out and they snapped) and the Rear Bumper (broke 2 of those already as well). I run on a big track with some large jumps, but nothing this truck wasn't designed to handle.
Stupid question but are you greasing the couplers? they should not be wearing that fast Which ones are we talking about. Center or wheel axles?

Rear bumpers have been beefed up a ton but repeated dropping from 4 feet on the rear bumper will break them over time.

Steering ackerman. Replace your belcranks with plastic ones. If you get them in right the first time and do not stress/strip the holes they hold pretty well but you should check them everyonce in a while to make sure they are tight.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Casper - Ryan (or anyone) - just put the full latest Casper/Ryan setup on my 2.0. Small motor - battery middle. - I like 80% of how the new setup works - jumps lands and in general feels really good. This was 1 race night on big open loose 1/8 track with some tight 180 S sections.

- oversteer at corner exit on the high speed corners
- understeer at corner entry at the low speed 180 S sections

For the understeer areas, I had to muscle the truck around the corners with the trottle - which brought me back to driving the 1.0 where I had to constantly turn with the throttle. All my previous setups did not push like this.

My first thoughts are to either dial in some toe out - right now it's at 1 degree in - or drop the center diff down to 5K.

Anyone else experience the same?
Old 09-07-2013, 07:10 AM
1M
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Ran mine last night, same issue
Old 09-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Grandturk
Casper - Ryan (or anyone) - just put the full latest Casper/Ryan setup on my 2.0. Small motor - battery middle. - I like 80% of how the new setup works - jumps lands and in general feels really good. This was 1 race night on big open loose 1/8 track with some tight 180 S sections.

For the understeer areas, I had to muscle the truck around the corners with the trottle - which brought me back to driving the 1.0 where I had to constantly turn with the throttle. All my previous setups did not push like this.

My first thoughts are to either dial in some toe out - right now it's at 1 degree in - or drop the center diff down to 5K.

Originally Posted by 1M

Ran mine last night, same issue
IMHO, this is a textbook toe issue. I would start with a 0 degree toe and move out in 1 degree increments until you find your sweet spot.

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure that the setup your using is for high traction indoor clay where you can start to apply power MUCH earlier in the turn and you will have the required traction to increase on power steering.

I run on the same loose, outdoor conditions you are talking about and I run a about 1.5-2 degrees toe OUT. I also do not apply much throttle until late in the corner exit and I apply it gently as the dusty conditions will make the rear end nervous.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:07 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JK47

I run on the same loose, outdoor conditions you are talking about and I run a about 1.5-2 degrees toe OUT. I also do not apply much throttle until late in the corner exit and I apply it gently as the dusty conditions will make the rear end nervous.
Yeah, that's why it was my first thought. My last setup ran 2 degrees toe out and the new setup is 1 degree in. I wanted to try to get used to the setup before making changes but that was my first thought.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:00 AM
Tech Prophet

Yeah for outdoor 8th scale track I would assume some dust and maybe med traction 5 center would work well to give a little more steering in and more forgiving on exit.
Old 09-07-2013, 11:04 AM
Tech Prophet

Yeah we change the toe drastically when we went change the bump steer but outdoor loser conditions may require a little toe out. Yes most of the Racing Ryan and I have done lately have been med to high bite indoor clay or high bite outdoor (blue groove type conditions).
Old 09-07-2013, 11:22 AM
Tech Elite

Thanks Casper / all - ill drop down to 5k and play with the toe
Old 09-07-2013, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks Casper / all - ill drop down to 5k and play with the toe
..Turk, I run a very similar out door track , and really like 5-5-5.I run a set up that's close to the new one just heavier shock fluids because of temps here now and run only 1mm shim at bump steer with zero to 1 deg of toe out and have really liked the performance.
Old 09-07-2013, 05:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by BmainStar
..Turk, I run a very similar out door track , and really like 5-5-5.I run a set up that's close to the new one just heavier shock fluids because of temps here now and run only 1mm shim at bump steer with zero to 1 deg of toe out and have really liked the performance.
Cool thanks for the input! Yah I liked 5-5-5 a lot with the last setup. I'll try toe first see how that feels and then center diff as well
Old 09-08-2013, 11:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Arrow My Pro 4 win with Casper/Dunford setup slightly modded

http://youtu.be/bWWH4tflxdc
Old 09-09-2013, 04:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by XXXDad
That's a great outdoor track. Love the double/triple on the back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.