Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2013, 09:35 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dan
Hey guys, I'm building up some 2.0 shocks and wondering where do these O-rings go? See attachment. I can't seem to find where they go when looking up the manual.

Thanks.
http://losiracing.blogspot.com/2012/...p-o-rings.html
Old 07-09-2013, 09:40 PM
Dan
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Thanks!
Old 07-09-2013, 09:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jnorwood_losi
Hey guys,

I am building the truck for the first time and I am having a problem with the shocks leaking from the bottom around the shaft (not even on the truck yet!!)

So the description of the shock build is not great in the manual and seems to not have a good fit, looking at the shock from the bottom I put in the black piece with the flange towards the top of the shock, the oring, then the cap....seems like something is missing!!! the shock bottoms do not screw flush with the shock body and seem to be stressed to the point of almost stripping out, and again still dont seemed sealed

Anyone have a similar problem or have any advise I would greatly appreciate it!!!
Lastly, it seems there is a extra 4 orings with the shocks, the top has the cut out bladder type oring, the collars that tread on the body have their normal orings, then there are 4 more that are not mentioned in the manual...they look like ones from the 8ight shocks that could go on the bottom but they are to big, or they could around the top of the shock, but I dont think they are supposed to....LOST!!!

I built mine 3 weeks ago with no issues.
I used the manual and this picture thread on Facebook from Horizon Hobby.
Any time I had a question, it was answered on by the description on facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...25.55340718934
Old 07-09-2013, 09:57 PM
Tech Adept

sounds like is the exact step you are questioning,
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater
Old 07-10-2013, 05:44 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Exclamation Under the Cap / over the shock body

Originally Posted by Dan
Hey guys, I'm building up some 2.0 shocks and wondering where do these O-rings go? See attachment. I can't seem to find where they go when looking up the manual.

Thanks.
Top of the shock, over the thread .The cap will screw down and seal along the edge of the cap rim. See Caspers link above,,,,^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 07-10-2013, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Hey guys,

I am building the truck for the first time and I am having a problem with the shocks leaking from the bottom around the shaft (not even on the truck yet!!)

So the description of the shock build is not great in the manual and seems to not have a good fit, looking at the shock from the bottom I put in the black piece with the flange towards the top of the shock, the oring, then the cap....seems like something is missing!!! the shock bottoms do not screw flush with the shock body and seem to be stressed to the point of almost stripping out, and again still dont seemed sealed

Anyone have a similar problem or have any advise I would greatly appreciate it!!!
Lastly, it seems there is a extra 4 orings with the shocks, the top has the cut out bladder type oring, the collars that tread on the body have their normal orings, then there are 4 more that are not mentioned in the manual...they look like ones from the 8ight shocks that could go on the bottom but they are to big, or they could around the top of the shock, but I dont think they are supposed to....LOST!!!
Jason - that sounds like the right order for the oring part. Did you snug down the plastic cover before putting the shaft through? I like to leave it nice and loose so it can slide in easier past the threaded part of the shaft, and then once in I tighten the plastic shock bottom down. I'm wondering if you might have torn up your orings?

As for the top-end: In the past there have three types. Diaphrams, which seem to no longer be used, then the flat o-rings that sit inside the shock cap, and then orings that sit below the threads on the shock body. I prefer the orings on the shock body - it could be that the kit came with two types to give you options (I don't have the 2.0 kit, I converted).

You headed to ECH on Sat for the ROAR race? I can take a look at it first thing in the AM if so. Also trying to head to Mimis tonight to run there if you wanna stop by.
Old 07-10-2013, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Sounds like he's got the small shock bottoms as well. I've heard these are still out there. You need to crank the bottoms on with wrenches - this is referenced on the tlr blog spot. There may also have been an extra baggy of shock bottoms included in the kit. The small bottoms work but you have to force them. Once on all the way they are OK
Old 07-10-2013, 08:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Hey guys,

You will want to either take a look at the TLracing blog on the build tips for the shock bottoms you have, and you will also want to contact horizon CS and tell them you need the updated shock caps for the scte 2.0 that they have in California.

http://losiracing.blogspot.com/2013/...uild-tips.html
Old 07-10-2013, 09:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hacker07
You will want to either take a look at the TLracing blog on the build tips for the shock bottoms you have, and you will also want to contact horizon CS and tell them you need the updated shock caps for the scte 2.0 that they have in California.

http://losiracing.blogspot.com/2013/...uild-tips.html
Any new setups? Your last one (5/22) has been working awesome for me
Old 07-10-2013, 10:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rob4448585
But not as we'll as his old #55 2 hole piston setup is for me
Old 07-10-2013, 10:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rob4448585
Yeah, we have some stuff we figured out that we really like...I will try to get that out today.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

how fast is a pro 4 4600 be?
Old 07-10-2013, 10:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fabulous
Can anyone tell me what the offset is on the Associated stock sct wheels verses the Losi scte wheels?
+1 on this. Is there a list anywhere of all the different wheel offsets on all 2wd and 4wd sct out there?
Old 07-10-2013, 10:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by hacker07
Yeah, we have some stuff we figured out that we really like...I will try to get that out today.
Awesome, thanks so much, can't wait to try it out
Old 07-10-2013, 10:20 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

[QUOTE=vito;12334960]how fast is a pro 4 4600 be?[/QUO

As fast as you need. Not many faster and has great torque. My son has a Tenshock 5200 and it's faster but not enough for me to change.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.