Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2014, 08:26 AM
Tech Apprentice

Probably a stupid question, but what kind of grease is everyone running for the ring and pinion? Im going through a truck I picked up and Im not sure what I should use. I tried the search function but probably didn't use the right set of keywords. It did show me that I have been building these diffs wrong lol. I have been using an automotive grease, sil-glyde, in my transmissions and gear boxes for years without any issues. It is a heavier, sticky grease and I haven't ever seen any heavy wear even with stupid power 1/8th scale e-power stuff. Im just curious if I shouldn't be using this for some reason.
Old 10-19-2014, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

I highly recommend the casper-rc extreme grease, he makes great products!
Old 10-19-2014, 09:01 AM
Tech Regular

I've always used the Losi Black Grease:

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...rodID=TLR77000

But this last build, I tried the Losi Great Grease:

http://www.tlracing.com/Products/Def...rodID=TLR77001

The great grease seems to stay put and not get thrown off and around the cover like the black grease does.
Old 10-19-2014, 10:18 AM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks for the feedback. I'll be expanding my selection here soon.
Old 10-19-2014, 06:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigemike
I ran the dunford setup yeasterday at the ohio rc factory. The steering was good, but the traction rolling was a bit bad, I couldn't push the truck like I wanted to. The track is super high bite clay surface and we where running ghosted clay rattlers, almost bald clay typos and the traction was incredible. I went to a black front spring and orange rear spring with 5 wt heavier oil front and rear, and the truck felt better. The guys kept telling me I could lower the ride hieght but I was at 25.5 f and 25f and I was collecting alot of clay on the bottom of the chassis already. What else could I have done to limit the traction roll, so I could push the truck harder. I felt like tires helped, but I felt the problem was more in chassis setup than anything. I ran the complete dunford setup down to every detail and it felt super soft on the suspension too me right from the get go. Hopefully I will get another test day this week.
Hopefully your not running skid plates. If you are take those off bc 25.5 and 25 might actually be 28 28. Drop ride height down to 23 or 24. Drop your body post. I have my body posts all the way down. Try less droop about 2 mm less.
Old 10-19-2014, 07:45 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I ran the dunford setup yeasterday at the ohio rc factory. The steering was good, but the traction rolling was a bit bad, I couldn't push the truck like I wanted to. The track is super high bite clay surface and we where running ghosted clay rattlers, almost bald clay typos and the traction was incredible. I went to a black front spring and orange rear spring with 5 wt heavier oil front and rear, and the truck felt better. The guys kept telling me I could lower the ride hieght but I was at 25.5 f and 25f and I was collecting alot of clay on the bottom of the chassis already. What else could I have done to limit the traction roll, so I could push the truck harder. I felt like tires helped, but I felt the problem was more in chassis setup than anything. I ran the complete dunford setup down to every detail and it felt super soft on the suspension too me right from the get go. Hopefully I will get another test day this week.
http://casper-rc.com/images/TEN_SCTE...gar%202014.pdf

Did you try this one? Lower the car. Clay on the bottom of the chassis does not mean anything. The car will bottom out. This is not a bad thing. Lower the car a few mm. This should help.
Old 10-20-2014, 04:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Casper
http://casper-rc.com/images/TEN_SCTE...gar%202014.pdf

Did you try this one? Lower the car. Clay on the bottom of the chassis does not mean anything. The car will bottom out. This is not a bad thing. Lower the car a few mm. This should help.
No I tried the newer one, but that looks like the one I needed, is that one using the new alum front carriers? if not how should I adjust the droop accordingly?

on that note what does the new alum front carrier actually do? raise or lower the front steering block?

I am new to the truck, the second truck that I have I loaned to another local fast guy so we could have some competition and his was setup very close to the setup you posted.

Thanks for your help I really am digging the truck.

one last thing the 3 hole #56 piston, is that the stock 22 #56 piston? what is the hole size on those? is that like a 3 x 1.4 or something?
Old 10-20-2014, 07:16 AM
Tech Master

No I tried the newer one, but that looks like the one I needed, is that one using the new alum front carriers? if not how should I adjust the droop accordingly?
the newest setup uses the 15 casters. If your using the stock plastic casters i would take the shock end and unscrew it two turns similar to the older setups
on that note what does the new alum front carrier actually do? raise or lower the front steering block?
they raise the spindle itself and also increase the caster 5 degrees gives you more steering
I am new to the truck, the second truck that I have I loaned to another local fast guy so we could have some competition and his was setup very close to the setup you posted.

Thanks for your help I really am digging the truck.

one last thing the 3 hole #56 piston, is that the stock 22 #56 piston? what is the hole size on those? is that like a 3 x 1.4 or something?
They are the #3 pistons in the scte piston pack losb2909

I would definitely suggest the new caster blocks.
Old 10-20-2014, 07:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

prob. here somewhere but what is part number for the new front carriers? And next question is if it gives more steering on a stock 2.0 chassis is it safe to say it will do the same for my MIP chassis?
Old 10-20-2014, 07:59 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Braxamus
prob. here somewhere but what is part number for the new front carriers? And next question is if it gives more steering on a stock 2.0 chassis is it safe to say it will do the same for my MIP chassis?
TLR334017 is the part number and i would definitely give it a try. Worse comes to worse you have them for your future 2.0. I will be at Sparks Friday and Saturday if you guys need any help.
Old 10-20-2014, 08:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Thanks for the part number, I checked A-Main and they are on back order. Im not sure when we will hit Sparks next, we are going to race all of the WRL at sparks but not going to the ones at the Factory. We do want to go to Sparks one time in between for practice so I'll have to get stuff I wanna switch ordered, and I'll let you know when we plan to be there next.
Old 10-20-2014, 09:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Ran the new setup yesterday on a tight indoor clay track med traction. Happy with the results truck begs to be driven hard did not have any traction roll issues at all. I am an aggressive driver and this new setup is perfect for guys like myself.
Old 10-21-2014, 04:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

in the notes for the front suspension I see 0 insert front outer / inner is this referring to the plastic inserts that go into the alum arm holder?
Old 10-21-2014, 05:03 AM
Tech Master

in the notes for the front suspension I see 0 insert front outer / inner is this referring to the plastic inserts that go into the alum arm holder?
Yes.
Old 10-21-2014, 09:35 PM
Tech Adept

Regarding the new setup, Ryan Dunford's CCR Sugared2014. This is the latest right?

Is anyone having trouble with rear shock length ?
Im doing hole to hole, bottom turned in tight and I can't get below 102mm. Front is fine.

What purpose is the .5 rear hex?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.