Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree10Likes

TLR TEN-SCTE 2.0 Kit Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 07:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

anyone know what size the Motor mount and front diff housing screws are. I know they are 2different sizes. I stripped one out and wanted to replace them before installing the kings head mount...
Old 04-01-2013, 08:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by goehm
Both the 1.0 and 2.0 are very capable and great outdoors. The Tekno is great as well, but heavy. Maybe that'll work to it's advantage outdoors but I don't know how that'll play out long term with electronics, heat, runtime and such outside (climate dependent..). Probably nothing a bigger battery can't fix. When they say 'better outdoors', what does that mean? That the SCT410 is a better outdoor truck than it is indoor (I can buy that..)? Or are they saying the SCT410 would outperform the SCTE outdoors? If the latter then it's just an unsupported opinion. The SCTE is more than capable outdoor, is definately not too light (wheras I think the AE and Durango may be, depending on the track) and would be my truck of choice. I was thinking about going Durango indoor before the 2.0 came out, but I think the new design really put it back on top. I found the SCTE to be a great balance both indoor and out, and parts availability was great. I think TLR/Losi has the best all around truck.

One thing to consider is if you're going to run EBuggy, Tekno's SCT and buggy have a lot of common parts/hardware.
It has to be speculation, as they have yet to race outdoors around here!!! I really appreciate the feedback.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by agarabaghi
anyone know what size the Motor mount and front diff housing screws are. I know they are 2different sizes. I stripped one out and wanted to replace them before installing the kings head mount...
LOSA6262 - 8-32 x 1/4" - front diff (page 21)
LOSA6264 - 8-32 x 3/8" - center diff (page 26)

The URL for the manual is below, and I also put a copy of the manual in your SCTE 2.0 box.

http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil...000_Manual.pdf

The manual is pretty good, calling out part numbers and specs for all the hardware. Until you get familiar with the truck you might want to take it along with you in your pitbox.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

it's in my pit box =D i just didnt wanna search haha sorry...

anyways i just order another kit with the Ti screw set to build. Gonna give my other one to my friend... yay!
Old 04-01-2013, 09:07 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 56 (97%+)

any one know on the ryan dunford setup for overal shock length he puts full plus 1 turn-what does that mean or the front full plus two turn, does that mean back off or over tighten, not sure what he means and i need help building shocks now.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 106 (100%+)

question?
building a new center (hd) center diff #tlr332001 with the new gear set #losb3569.
the hd diff instructions looks like it's stating not to use the side gear shims.representedby a the shim being circled with a line thru it.

is this correct to leave the shim out for proper gear mesh on the new gears/diff?
Old 04-01-2013, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

All my HD diff cases have been built without the shims, just the blocks are used.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:27 AM
Suspended

yeah you leave the shims out now on the new hd diffs

Originally Posted by subaru_tech
question?
building a new center (hd) center diff #tlr332001 with the new gear set #losb3569.
the hd diff instructions looks like it's stating not to use the side gear shims.representedby a the shim being circled with a line thru it.

is this correct to leave the shim out for proper gear mesh on the new gears/diff?
Old 04-01-2013, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by nitrogo
any one know on the ryan dunford setup for overal shock length he puts full plus 1 turn-what does that mean or the front full plus two turn, does that mean back off or over tighten, not sure what he means and i need help building shocks now.
If you over tighten them by two turns they will deffy strip!!!
so ya its loose two turns
Old 04-01-2013, 09:32 AM
Suspended

Default shock ends

thats what i thought but was not totally sure thanks

Originally Posted by xxfile
If you over tighten them by two turns they will deffy strip!!!
so ya its loose two turns
Old 04-01-2013, 10:01 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)
Default Steering Ackerman

Has anyone seen the steering ackerman for the Losi 8 3.0?? Are they totally different sized than the SCTE??

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...ge-_-TLR244005
Old 04-01-2013, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmc5313
Well I took my new 2.0 out this weekend with some mixed results....I believe this truck has great potential even with its current driver!!! I used pretty much stock setup with shock oils and diff fluids and the truck seemed very solid/stable in the corners which is very different than my old sc10... however two thing really jumped out at me....first it seemed to nose dive while jumping...a quick hit of the throttle corrected it but....it made me nervous as this is a pretty tight indoor clay with big stiff walls....hahaha...hitting the throttle seemed very counter intuitive!!!!! Second it really seemed to lack off power roll through a corner...it seemed to push wide...is this a product of my steering not being properly setup??? Thanks for any advice!!!
I too had my first race this weekend on a tight indoor track. I think the stock setup will be pretty close on an outdoor semi rough / loose track.

From stock the only things I changed which made the truck pretty dang good was changed front shock weight to 30, put the front shocks in the middle hole on the arm. On the rear, changed the pistons to 2hole-55 pistons with 30W Losi oil. So this is almost what is recommended on page one on the thread.

I didn't have time to make all of these changes during the races, so stayed afterwards to test. If in a crunch for time, I would just put the shocks in one hole on the front arms. That alone seemed to make the biggest difference. The truck is extremely stable and jumps very well. The stock setup only had an issue with tight 180 rotation, otherwise is really friendly.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:20 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Volcomstned
Has anyone seen the steering ackerman for the Losi 8 3.0?? Are they totally different sized than the SCTE??

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...ge-_-TLR244005
They are wider. Same idea but wrong size for the SCTE.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:12 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by jmc5313
Well I took my new 2.0 out this weekend with some mixed results....I believe this truck has great potential even with its current driver!!! I used pretty much stock setup with shock oils and diff fluids and the truck seemed very solid/stable in the corners which is very different than my old sc10... however two thing really jumped out at me....first it seemed to nose dive while jumping...a quick hit of the throttle corrected it but....it made me nervous as this is a pretty tight indoor clay with big stiff walls....hahaha...hitting the throttle seemed very counter intuitive!!!!! Second it really seemed to lack off power roll through a corner...it seemed to push wide...is this a product of my steering not being properly setup??? Thanks for any advice!!!

First thing to avoid ripping your hair out is tighten up the steering saver adjuster on my 1.0 or the 2.0 on a tight indoor track understeer is very noticeble ! Than try diffrent tires.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rcdudes3475
my front diff is binding I think with the case will it wear in??
I had the same problem. The front half of the case is probably rubbing. Take the case apart and look inside for any rub marks. If you find them cut or sand away some material to create the needed clearance. I wouldn't just let it "wear in" as this is putting stress on your electronics.

Good luck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.