Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Team Associated B4.2 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 08:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Not confirmed but I think these are the same batts as the Aero Model's...
http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...tery-2S/Detail
Old 12-22-2013, 09:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey guys who makes the machined shock spacers for the big bore shocks? Thanks
Old 12-22-2013, 09:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

has anyone ever used the peak racing shorty?
http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...ing-Pro/Detail
Old 12-22-2013, 09:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by khartlauer
I haven't put someone at my track did and they said it wasn't all that great. he only uses orion packs tho
Old 12-22-2013, 09:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Yes the peak pack is a very good pack!
Old 12-22-2013, 10:03 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Turnigy seems to be about the only short pack in stock at the moment. I am assuming I would get about the same reviews of Turnigy as I would GENS or SMC.
Old 12-23-2013, 12:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigdog
Hey guys who makes the machined shock spacers for the big bore shocks? Thanks
Avid makes them, I use them and love them.
Old 12-23-2013, 07:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JeepnMike
hey guys,

Do you feel there is a significant benefit to running short packs in your B4s? I have an arsenal of standard sized LiPo packs but I am thinking of getting some short packs for my B4.2. They won't work in my DB01 so they will be specifically for my AE car which is kind of a unique expense. Those who do run short packs, do you run them forward or back? (high bite clay for me).

Thanks for any opinions!
I just tried a shorty in my B4.2 on Saturday. I am on high-traction clay. It was very cold, so traction was an issue, but I found the shorty pack was fun to play with. I liked the pack slightly back, but not all the way. When I had it all the way forward, it was really loose. All the way back, I had less steering than I needed. I settled on about half an inch forward. It is great for the stock class I run because of the weight savings. My car was really fast down the straight with the shorty pack.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:39 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

As was mentioned, the shorty does not make laps faster, it's about making the vehicle have to work less by not having to tote around extra weight, it makes the buggy easier to keep control of...just my two cents
Also as far as brands go I have an hvr 4000 and it's a very good pack
Old 12-23-2013, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by khartlauer
For that price just spend a few bucks more and go with the Venom packs. Best packs I've ever run and they are light and very well made. Plus their support is fantastic. You can actually speak to a real live person whenever needed.

I have Track Power and Reedy Saddles and the Venoms I find are a just as good and they maintain their punch throughout. No fading or power drop off until you reach cut-off.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:02 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (92%+)

Originally Posted by the incubus
For that price just spend a few bucks more and go with the Venom packs. Best packs I've ever run and they are light and very well made. Plus their support is fantastic. You can actually speak to a real live person whenever needed.

I have Track Power and Reedy Saddles and the Venoms I find are a just as good and they maintain their punch throughout. No fading or power drop off until you reach cut-off.
Couldn't agree more, venoms are a consistent lipo, may cost a lil more but totaly worth it, ya get what you pay for, if you don't mind paying a little more you can get venoms
Old 12-23-2013, 10:27 AM
Tech Regular

Since we're on the topic of batteries (with price being no object)----has anyone tried the Team Trinity Revtech 100c/5000mah shorties?? Seems like a pretty bad-a$$ battery to be running!!!
Old 12-23-2013, 10:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I ran my B4.2 for the first time Friday night. A totally different animal than what I'm used to!!! I don't know where to start for a setup really. I've read some post on here and on other forums about the stock setup being a good starting point.
Would you guys recommend that I start with the stock setup from the manual, put my esc on the left side of the buggy and go from there? The track is a small to medium track, hard packed dirt, kind of bumpy with medium to small jumps. I'm currently running a HW v2 esc with a HW 13.5 motor. I currently have an Avid esc shelf and running SMC shorty packs.

What do you guys think? Start with the stock setup and esc placement and go from there on it? Any tips or input would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!
Old 12-23-2013, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2-shot
I ran my B4.2 for the first time Friday night. A totally different animal than what I'm used to!!! I don't know where to start for a setup really. I've read some post on here and on other forums about the stock setup being a good starting point.
Would you guys recommend that I start with the stock setup from the manual, put my esc on the left side of the buggy and go from there? The track is a small to medium track, hard packed dirt, kind of bumpy with medium to small jumps. I'm currently running a HW v2 esc with a HW 13.5 motor. I currently have an Avid esc shelf and running SMC shorty packs.

What do you guys think? Start with the stock setup and esc placement and go from there on it? Any tips or input would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks!
The kit setup is actually really really good and gets you really close at most any track. Tires are 80% of the game. All the esc shelf does is help the car rotate quicker in tight corners. It's a little more hard to drive on certain layouts. The same goes for using a shorty pack. Car is lighter and feels quicker but lap times aren't there to support it.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

b5 coming anybody want to sell b4.2 for a 100$ let me no

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.