Search
Like Tree4Likes

Team Associated B4.2 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 07Forester
Thanks for the correction. I knew cav stopped having darkside do his stuff at the nats, just didn't realize the logo wasn't darkside.
maybe more like darkside stopped doing stuff for cav...at least thats how his fb post made it seem. I know that Kris was wanting to provide better service to his paying customers by being to knock out bodies quicker.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:57 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Davidka
It's like that because an "un-redesigned" car isn't new. It's an update. The B4 and 90%+ of it's parts and design content date back to 2002. The only changes that actually effect the way the car runs are the rear tower update ("4th" hole), the BB shocks, and the +8mm chassis. It still runs great, as it always did but let's recognize it for what it is.
Wrong. Things that are different from the first b4.
-Transmission case
-rear Hubs
-front hubs
-hexes
-chassis
-shocks
-ubrace
-front and rear towers
-the material everything is made from aside from the chassis (the +8 is the same plastic that was used in the early days).
-Hex rims
-ball cups
- ball studs
- servo saver
- body
- wing
- antenna mount
- outdrives and outdrive bearings
- motor plate
- slipper

Aside from all of that, they are exactly the same.....
Old 01-10-2013, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

So i have attached where they have redesigned the new rear shock tower,
nothing that cant be done with a dremil.

Beth.
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated B4.2 Thread-b4.2-shock-tower.jpg  
Old 01-10-2013, 07:00 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by longlivethe3
You can bet your right hand that there will be a B4.2 Worlds Kit in the very near future and depending which Ryan wins (Go RM) it will come with either AKA or J Concepts tires . Will there be a new thread for that kit too?
lol, ok I cant think of anything thing else they could do. Maybe a longer/shorter chassis? But I guess we will see. But my guess is no more tires ever on the b4.x. They are setting the president.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:01 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

wonder if they will offer at least an upgrade kit of the VTS setup including the b44 spring that has been a real pain finding?

Looks good. Got a buddy looking for a 2wd buggy, maybe he can now pickup a cheap b4.1 lol.

Hoping the thread OP will keep it up to date, that would be most helpful to direct people to.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Trimmings
maybe more like darkside stopped doing stuff for cav...at least thats how his fb post made it seem. I know that Kris was wanting to provide better service to his paying customers by being to knock out bodies quicker.
Who's? Darkside or cav's? When I read cav's it made it seem like he just "stopped" getting bodies done by darkside, and that there was no "bad blood"
Old 01-10-2013, 07:07 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Wildcat1971
Wrong. Things that are different from the first b4.
-Transmission case
-rear Hubs
-front hubs
-hexes
-chassis
-shocks
-ubrace
-front and rear towers
-the material everything is made from aside from the chassis (the +8 is the same plastic that was used in the early days).
-Hex rims
-ball cups
- ball studs
- servo saver
- body
- wing
- antenna mount
- outdrives and outdrive bearings
- motor plate
- slipper

Aside from all of that, they are exactly the same.....
Let's all just agree to not agree, and move on? The thread is here, the mods think it should stay.

Back on-topic....

Anyone have any suggestions on what else should be included on the front page, first post?

I want to make it so that people can be referred to the first post, find exactly what they're looking for and questions can be solved immediately.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 07Forester
Who's? Darkside or cav's? When I read cav's it made it seem like he just "stopped" getting bodies done by darkside, and that there was no "bad blood"
Darksides post was something like 'i want to provide quicker turn around to my customers therefore the only team driver for darkside will be Dakotah Phend'....Cavs post was something like 'Looking for a new painter...' There probably isnt any bad blood, but I can see where darkside was, i would email him about turn around time and it was easily a two month wait at times.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:11 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

I personally would like to see information on the popular mods included on the first page. that way, you can just refer someone who is asking about it to the first page.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:11 PM
Tech Champion

First post material:

Gearing info: 17.5 blinky start around 72/32 and adjust from there, 13.5 Blinky around 72-29. (someone else can add in mod gearing tips)

C-Hub info, how to do it...what types of tracks would benefit from it. Maybe some pics of the shaved u brace.

Maybe a link to hop up parts...avid triad slipper, JC wing mounts...stuff like that.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

You can bet your right hand that there will be a B4.2 Worlds Kit in the very near future and depending which Ryan wins (Go RM) it will come with either AKA or J Concepts tires . Will there be a new thread for that kit too?
No, because that is an "edition" of the b4.2.

The b4.1 and b4.1 wc was the same "edition" because they came with almost everything exact, with the exception of the +8 chassis.

This car is "new" because it comes with:
new shocks
new slipper system
new steering rack
alum hexes
etc

Regardless if you could buy those things "prior" to this release makes no difference, it's still a new car to AE, because if it was wasn't, they'd have kept it underneath the B4.1XXXX name.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

First post material:

Gearing info: 17.5 blinky start around 72/32 and adjust from there, 13.5 Blinky around 72-29. (someone else can add in mod gearing tips)

C-Hub info, how to do it...what types of tracks would benefit from it. Maybe some pics of the shaved u brace.

Maybe a link to hop up parts...avid triad slipper, JC wing mounts...stuff like that.
Got it!

I'll do gearing by popular motor, and size of track. My "home" track is small and when I run 17.5 I gear 69/32. If people with small/med/large size tracks could post up gearing, i'll compile that to popular gears, along with part# and post that.

So, anyone with 17.5, 13.5,10.5,8.5, 7.5 running sml/med/lge tracks post up what you run for gearing.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:17 PM
Tech Prophet

First post material:

+1 also there was information about motor slippage and also how you need button head screws for pinions 35 and higher? I also think BASIC tuning info. Like what raising and lowering the link does and what making the links longer do. Or you can just link the JQThe guide site as a reference. I would also link the online manual.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 142 (100%+)

Yes,
Old 01-10-2013, 07:23 PM
Tech Champion

(Go RM)
YES!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.