Wiki Posts
Search

Nicest indoor offroad track in the US?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCmayor
I'd have to confer on the Plex in Omaha simply because it is a purpose built facility not just a converted warehouse or barn. There are a lot of things you can do if you purpose build a space which doesn't happen very often. Things like ventilation, no poles to build around, custom driver stand, etc. Hobbytown in Omaha did things right, it cost a lot though. Heard they went over budget a wee bit. :-)

It's not the biggest track around and it was actually bigger when it was not covered. However it rained so much you could hardly hold a race there without working your ass off to prep the track 2 or 3 times during the weekend if you could finish the race at all.
You're right on about the rain. Now that we have a lid over though, we're in a drought. Go figure.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:38 PM
Tech Adept

Another vote for a-main's Outback Raceway. Awesome traction and free practice, at least the last time I was up that way. The best thing is after your done you can stop by Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. and have some awesome food and some beers.

You could also hit up Norcal on your way up or back!
Old 12-02-2012, 08:46 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PnchoPwr
You're right on about the rain. Now that we have a lid over though, we're in a drought. Go figure.
I have seen pictures of the Plex and have heard reports from the local guys who went there, I gotta come up sometime! It looks amazing!
Old 12-02-2012, 08:51 PM
Tech Prophet

Well i havent been to many indoor offroad tracks just two of them that are offroad . But heres the best layout/jumps and size indoor carpet offroad track ive been to . And nice pit rows and a big long drivers stand.

Its a local track in Croydon , Bristol PA. Ultimate R/C its called they have a small shop also that carrys name brands.
Attached Thumbnails Nicest indoor offroad track in the US?-60756_4144191598228_2075339917_n.jpg  
Old 12-02-2012, 11:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Eric Tomczyk
IMO you're doing it wrong by limiting yourself to the US. Yatabe Arena is widely considered the nicest track in the world. If you are going to spend the time and money on an R/C vacation, why not do it in style? Get a passport, learn some Japanese, see a foreign country. Yes, it will be more exspensive, but I think it would be worth it.
Yeah, I just spent a week in Tokyo for work and visited Yatabe. It was a very nice, clean, we'll-designed facility. Unfortunately I didn't have much free time there before I continued on to Hong Kong.

Originally Posted by Dan
Norcal Hobbies just revamped their indoor track with a new layout. There are not many people there during the weekdays so you can get a lot of practice time. Surface has good grip. Track is a bit on the small side, but still slightly bigger than OCRC (but its been a few years since I've been there).
I'm from the Bay Area and visit NorCal hobbies often. Their outdoor track is great. Their indoor track is a bit small and much lower bite than some of the other tracks I frequent. But it's new and my friends tell me it's getting a lot better. My problem is that if I spend a week in the Bay Area I'll be guilted into spending most of my time with friends and family. I want to go somewhere where all I need to think about is RC cars.

Also, NorCal's indoor track is barely half the size of OCRC. OCRC is HUGE. Almost too big.

Originally Posted by aeRayls
To be honest, if you've spent a lot of time at wcrc and ocrc... Youve already seen the best there is to offer. Though, outback, flowood and the Plex seem at the top of the list as well. Leisure Hours in IL is a great track with Insane grip and a great hobby shop...it's just out in the sticks. But who the hell wants to spend their vacation time freezing your ass off in IL?? lol
Yeah, I'll probably do the KO Propo race at WCRC in January so I want to try someplace new.

Originally Posted by C Branch
I am surprised that Competition Hobbies in Tucson, AZ has not been mentioned yet. Amazing facility and the weather this time of year is unbeatable.
An hour or so up the road in Phoenix is One Hobbies which is top notch as well!!
I was actually going to ask about Competition. I've seen pics and it looks like a great track. And I'm thinking winter in Tuscon would be a nice break from the Seattle rain for a week. And, of course, there's the awesome airplane graveyard and aviation museum!

Originally Posted by Teufel Racing
There's some very nice tracks to go hit up for sure,

The Plex for sure looks good, Flowood too, along with NorCal. But if it was me, I'd seriously be considering a week trip to Amain in Chico. Say right at the time of the Worlds for 1/10th next year. Could be a win win. Spend a week at a nice indoor track and get to see the Worlds. That'd be my plan.
I did the JConcepts race at Outback/Amain this year and really liked it. My only reservation is the track hours but I know the owner so I may see if there's an option for me to practice earlier in the day. I think I read that they let people come during regular business hours sometimes so that might be an option.

Originally Posted by RShockley
Mike's Hobby Shop in Carrollton, TX is a really nice facility.
Yes - I've heard this us a great facility! I definitely want to check it out sme time.

I also like a lot of the other mentions on here like the Plex, the NY track, the Florida tracks, etc. I'll consider all of them.

Thanks again for all of the great ideas. I hope others benefited from this as well.
Old 12-02-2012, 11:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

check out CHR(coyote hobbies raceway) in victorville, it is my local track andthere is always great racing practice 7 days a week 11:30-8:00 sunday close at 4:00 racing wednesday starts at 6:30 saturday starts at 4:00well stocked hobby shop and great people. only an hour or 2 from IERC, WCRC, and OCRC
Old 12-03-2012, 12:50 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have 2 great tracks you need to check out, both are outside California but they have everything needed to be just as great haha
First check out TQspeedway.com, just outside Boise Idaho its a new facility with great dirt, full hobby shop, really good turn out at races, they have support from the local rc company Tekin and have held some great races.

2nd place with the longest running annual indoor race called the April fools race and located in salt lake Utah its called intermountain rc raceway, they have some awesome clay, and good sized hobby shop. A lot of pros have called this track home, and still race there !
Old 12-03-2012, 01:21 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schumacheracing
2nd place with the longest running annual indoor race called the April fools race and located in salt lake Utah its called intermountain rc raceway, they have some awesome clay, and good sized hobby shop. A lot of pros have called this track home, and still race there !
I am not totally sure that is 100% true, but that's neither here nor there.
I did some research and it has been going 24 as of 2012 which would make it not number one, Hutchinson Ks has had the Fall Classic for 28 years.
Old 12-03-2012, 07:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Competition is Tuscon is one of your best bets within the US. I think BK moved out there because of that place, and even before that I had heard that it was a top facility. If you are planning this trip in winter time then the weather will be ideal. Don't know if they stock Kyosho though. Coyote in Victorville has been mentioned a couple times and while it is a top level facility (the track surface itself is on par with WCRC/OCRC) they do not stock Kyosho yet, and they close at 8pm on non race nights.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

THE PLEXis where its is at electric, nitro, 1/10, 1/8 doesnt matter its a great track for anything, really great layouts, dirt is always perfect. and but the way the 2nd annual Novak race is coming up with 350 entrees... if that doesnt tell you its good i dont know what will
Old 12-03-2012, 09:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I've only seen tracks in a few states but by a huge margin, the Omaha Plex is the best I've seen in person! I feel pretty lucky living only 45 minutes from it. The facility is amazing no doubt but it's the great group of people that make that place what it is!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:25 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Of the handful I've raced at these are my favorites...

WCRC

S&N's Trackside - WI
Old 12-03-2012, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Ummm. Just look at this:
http://kyamerin.com/vtour/eg_vrt/vtour.html
Book your tickets now. Wow.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:33 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

edit... i take that back. Holy mother of god!
Old 12-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

This is a great thread, I've been checking out websites of the places you all have mentioned. Awesome facilities! Now I want to go on a RC track tour!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.