Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Nicest indoor offroad track in the US? >

Nicest indoor offroad track in the US?

Nicest indoor offroad track in the US?

Old 12-02-2012, 01:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Nicest indoor offroad track in the US?

Thanks to a busy work schedule I don't get much track time - but I LOVE the hobby. I'm thinking of taking a week off, cashing in some travel points, and spending all day every day at the nicest track in the US. I want a track with long hours, great facilities, and quality, grippy clay that I will enjoy spending a lot of time at. I'll probably only want to drive my 1/10 buggies so I'd also like a track that won't be filled with newbies crashing their Slashes and 1/8 buggies into me all the time.

I've already spent a lot of time at WCRC and OCRC in SoCal - two tracks that I love. And my home track in Tacoma is fantastic - but I really want to try something different where I can book a hotel close to the track and just focus on improving my skills.

Any suggestions? I can go anywhere in the US.
Old 12-02-2012, 01:51 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Have heard good things about Flowood in MS, near Jackson I believe. Would also love to hear about nice facilities throughout the US.
Old 12-02-2012, 03:53 AM
JsK
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

http://www.amainhobbies.com/Tracks/o...raceway/about/
Old 12-02-2012, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I need to move to so cal . That place is awesome.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stunter38 View Post
I need to move to so cal . That place is awesome.
If you are referring to amains outback, it's in Chico, northern ca.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Here is a few that i've been to in the last few months....

HobbyPlex in Omaha NE is a GREAT facility , amazing pits, walmart size shop ran by Factory driver, surface pretty good, but very different from CA.

NORCAL Union City CA - great hours, indoor and outdoor, great surface another great shop.

Leisure Hours - Joliet, IL great surface awesome facility

Blue Groove - Greensboro NC, no shop - but great facility

Several nice tracks in Indy, and TN, but hours will not be to your liking since this sounds like an RC only trip - although Indy, there is alot todo racing wise and you could travel to a few tracks within 3-4 hours ( another one is in Northern IN an hour or so from Leisure)

Maybe someone will chime in on TRACKSIDE in WI or Mike's Hobby in TX never been to either one of those.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

never mind, photo was way too big.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Fl. Tracks

Here in sunny Fl. We have several great indoor and outdoor tracks!
SpaceCoast RC , NewRed hobbies, Holeshot raceway,Bashers all indoor all within a couple of hours from each other.scrc is the largest with holeshot and newred being smaller tracks.That sounds cool to have a RC vacation.we have a lot of tracks all around the state!
Old 12-02-2012, 07:17 AM

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm a bit prejudiced of course since I race here, but I feel that The Plex, HobbyTown here in Omaha is one of the nicest facilities in the Country. It's still a work in progress as the Owner, Managers and Club Members continue to contribute to the facility. The large off-road track was placed indoors a couple of years ago. This Fall, we added several high intensity lights and recently added a large flat screen TV in the pit area. There are still more plans in progress. This year, we're hosting the quickly sold-out Novak race starting January 4th that has 350 entries.

The pit facility and On-Road track has plenty of seating and room. The permanent pit locations all have power outlets and upper shelves for temporary storage. There's also several restrooms on-site. The FULLY stocked HobbyTown hobby store is just up the stairs from the pit area (on the opposite side of the large windows in the photograph).

The 160' X 70' indoor Off-Road track features an unsupported roof structure (no columns blocking your view), large, elevated structural steel Driver's stand (with wheel chair access), 16 garage doors for ventilation and a pit lane. The Race Director is constantly providing us new layouts and challenges and has access to several track building tools. The Plex offers a large parking facility and allows over-night campers.

The best feature of the Plex though is the people. The owner is active and willing to continue to provide us the best facility possible. The Store Managers and Race Directors are also very active with layouts, helping out the Racers, hosting fund raisers etc. They continually run a fun for all, fair and controlled racing environment. The majority of the Club Members are always jumping in to help wherever needed and are often going over the top helping out a new guy. Often, you don't even have to show up with a truck...someone is likely to shove a radio in your hand and telling you to go try it out

In addition, we're located on the out-skirts of town, literally moments away from the interstate. Within 2 miles, there's a nice hotel, decent restaurants, retail stores and gas stations. The out of town visitors are always welcome here and are greeted warmly by the local crowd. If you happen to put Omaha on your list of tracks to visit, feel free to look me (Cliff) up when you get here and I'll make sure you get settled in and have something to race
Old 12-02-2012, 07:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default MOTORAMA!!!!

Might wanna check out Motorama! Gonna be Feb 15,16,17 in Pennsylvania. Google it. Check out the photo's of the previous years on liverc.com. Huge event. Not only rc'ing, motocross, car show.... Might be something your lookin for.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

the best dirt anyware and always a good flowing fast but technical track.
barnstormersrc. 50 miles north of NYC
http://youtu.be/SMbfSNx83Kk

http://youtu.be/Z_8GI6cyyio
Old 12-02-2012, 07:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I would do WCRC again.
Old 12-02-2012, 07:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

This is all great info! Thanks for all of the replies. This is a fun thread.
Old 12-02-2012, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

WCRC gets my vote..
Old 12-02-2012, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Ranch Pit Shop Del Mar
Bring your Dogfighter.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.