Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MIP CVD ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 09:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Default MIP CVD ?

Hi, I'm new to the site and this is my first post. I'm running a Stampede 4X4 with MIP CVD's. Well, the other day I was putting the wheel hex's on and I seemed to have stripped out the small socket set screw that holds the hex to the axle (the hex head and not the threads). I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me what the sizing of the set screw is so I can get a replacement. Also, is that a 1.5mm driver to put it on? Thank you in advance.

CPG
Old 11-08-2012, 09:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

http://miponline.com/store/media/myi...1109-page1.jpg

Follow the part number you end up with:
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...FY6DQgodZQ0A_g
Old 11-08-2012, 10:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Thank you very much for the prompt reply.
Old 11-08-2012, 10:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Default I still have a question...

It seems that every set that I run into are 6-32 x 1/8. When I look on the MIP diagram it states 1/16th. This means the 1/8th set screws would be twice as long, right? Am I missing something here, please explain. I'm just thinking that 1/8th's would probably stick out and prevent the wheel from going onto the hex? The info seems a bit conflicted to me or maybe I'm just not understanding. Once again, I really do appreciate the help.

CP
Old 11-09-2012, 07:41 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 1/18 or 1/16

I'm sorry if I double posted, new to the site. I guess what I'm trying to find out is if the hex's are held onto the shaft by 1/8 or 1/16 set screws. The diagram that was posted shows 1/16th, but I can't find them anywhere?