Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 03:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timamybrown
What's everyone running for shock oil with the 1.3x8 pistons? I'll be running pink fronts green rears. Tekno springs and tekno pistons.
On a rough track I'm running the same springs with AE25f and AE22.5r. I'm running 1.5x6 pistons that should have about the same pack as the 1.3x8.
Old 05-27-2013, 03:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jacked103
if im thinking right, there is a hole under the shock eye in the top where the bolt holds it on the shock tower
You are correct!
Old 05-27-2013, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Painted up a new body for my truck , came out a little pinker than I wanted but at least it will be easy to see !

Old 05-27-2013, 04:31 PM
Tech Adept

I want to get the Buggy body and use it as an electronics protector for outdoor dirt tracks. Where is the best place to buy one and what would they be labeled as?
Old 05-27-2013, 04:39 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

timamybrown, there is a chart or two in this thread that shows that,i believe it was posted to the first page if i am not mistaken
Old 05-27-2013, 04:59 PM
Tech Adept

Little bit muddy out at the track....

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-27-2013, 05:21 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by D-A-N-4-4
Jrapid- It is the loudest spur pinion mesh i have ever heard and it doesnt quiet with adjustment... Maybe ill just run it as long as it feels smooth.
I feel your pain dude! I can't believe how noisy mine was when I first put it together either. I was like wtf lol. It will get a little less noisey after some run time but not a ton. I even tried different brand and size pinions and they all made the same awful noise.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:22 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by cottonme173

[IMG][/IMG]
There's a truck under all that.....
Old 05-27-2013, 05:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by beaven
timamybrown, there is a chart or two in this thread that shows that,i believe it was posted to the first page if i am not mistaken
You are correct their is a piston surface area chart. That tells you witch pistons have more pack. If I run the stock oil front and rear the 1.3x8 will have more pack then the 1.2x10 hole pistons. I just wanted to know what is working for the guys that are already running them. Have they dropped down oil weight or went up in weight. Indoor track loose outdoor track. I'm. Trying to take advantage of the trial and error of the ones that have done the pistons change already. Or maybe I'm just being lazy lol.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

You are correct their is a piston surface area chart. That tells you witch pistons have more pack. If I run the stock oil front and rear the 1.3x8 will have more pack then the 1.2x10 hole pistons. I just wanted to know what is working for the guys that are already running them. Have they dropped down oil weight or went up in weight. Indoor track loose outdoor track. I'm. Trying to take advantage of the trial and error of the ones that have done the pistons change already. Or maybe I'm just being lazy lol.
a lot more goes into fluid dynamics than just the surface area of the holes. the frequency (number of holes) is inversely proportional to the size of the holes. so in reality, there is a delicate balance between the number of holes and the size of the holes. that doesn't even begin to factor in how far the holes are from the center of the shaft or if the piston is tapered or convex.

hope nobody bought any of that. just trying to sound like i knew what i was talking about for a minute.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:47 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
a lot more goes into fluid dynamics than just the surface area of the holes. the frequency (number of holes) is inversely proportional to the size of the holes. so in reality, there is a delicate balance between the number of holes and the size of the holes. that doesn't even begin to factor in how far the holes are from the center of the shaft or if the piston is tapered or convex.

hope nobody bought any of that. just trying to sound like i knew what i was talking about for a minute.
We don't need to get that technical. Oil weight front rear with 1.3x8 piston would suffice.
Old 05-27-2013, 05:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SC Shaun
This is quote worthy. I couldn't bind words together to explain that any better. Nicely put and I really like my Emulsion personally.

Mike, What is your thoughts: Emulsion vs vented bladder? What's really going on different?
With emulsion on an indoor track, I find that the chassis doesn't move around it's axis's as much ie. Roll center and C of G. It is more calm and controlled during any sort of transition. The truck lands jumps like a wet towel hitting the floor, and stays down after a jump. With a bladder setup, there is more activity going on in the situations mentioned above. The problems with emulsion are some inconsistencies in damping if not bled correctly, and bottoming tendencies on big jumps.
It is critical to get the exact same amount of air in each pair of shocks. Bladder is slightly more forgiving of this. If one shock has more oil than the other with bladder, the damping stays close, but the progressive spring effect changes. The bladder acts like a "buffer" almost. With emulsion, the amount of air effects the damping. It is also important to cycle the shock prior to a run to mix oil and air.
When I build emulsion, I measure the exposed shaft above the eyelet. I use 8mm for the front, and 10mm for the rear exactly.
Fill the shock and let all air escape. Put a little oil in the cap too. Screw the cap on quickly. Compress the shaft to your carefully measured amount, and put the sealing screw in. That is all it takes to build them consistently. I find that the Tekno shocks have the least amount of air afterward than any other shock I've built. I am using the plastic caps, and when I run bladder, I just leave the screw out. I get a little dirt above the bladder, but that doesn't effect anything. Then I can switch without buying new caps.
For the guys running a compensator or a harder bladder. Why??? The stock bladders are awesome. I'm sure a lot of R&D went into the material selection, why second guess it? If you are looking to gain something from doing this, please enlighten me. I think that the stock setup has more tuning options than most of us could ever use, or notice on the track.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

We don't need to get that technical. Oil weight front rear with 1.3x8 piston would suffice.
LOL!@!@@@@@!!!!!!

someone didn't read the whole post.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
LOL!@!@@@@@!!!!!!

someone didn't read the whole post.
I read the whole post. Just forgot to hit the sarcasm button. LOL.
Old 05-27-2013, 06:18 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cottonme173

[IMG][/IMG]
what track has leaves? this makes me feel all sad inside

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.