Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 06:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BSCFlash
I thought you ran link position #3 in the rear? Why did you go back to #2? What have you noticed about going to position #3 in the front? You were running stiffer springs before, right?--why the change back to soft?
your right on the link. going to just repost it
Old 04-16-2013, 06:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

ok....here it is again all updated with correct info...don't want any confusion lol
Old 04-16-2013, 06:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by BSCFlash
I thought you ran link position #3 in the rear? Why did you go back to #2? What have you noticed about going to position #3 in the front? You were running stiffer springs before, right?--why the change back to soft?
changed pistons is why
Old 04-16-2013, 06:59 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by todb
How much do the orings on the front shocks inhibit low speed steering? I was at a spring classc race tbis weekend and i could not get low speed steering at all. I tried everything i could think of and nothing worked. I had all the right tires amd the guys that run the race had run the tekno in the past. Nothing worked and the only thing that i could think last night when i couldnt sleep was the o rings limiting travel.
I really don't think the shocks are going to be compressing that much in low speed cornering. I have to push my chassis down all the way to feel it hit the shock limiters. Although it may not be the best way to achieve more low speed cornering, one way is to raise ride height in the rear, transferring more weight to the front wheels.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by 57
New to the Tekno SCT410. Will be racing this summer outdoors at a 1/8 scale track...

The local hobby shop at the track does not stock SCT410 parts. Any suggestions on what "must-have" spare parts ought to be in my pit? What breaks on this truck?

Thanks for the help...
not much breaks but i would say have some....
stub axles x 4
hinge pin braces
front shock shafts

but honestly......i would just buy a spare kit. youl have everything you need if you break, and it'll be alot cheaper in the long run. you can have some built diffs to just swap out when needed. you can have other shocks built for diff tracks to swap out on the fly. another chassis to swap out when it gets to chewed up (outdoor season is coming up, you can swap for next year indoor season)......i am so happy i did. i have everything i could need, plus i have even more spares. "can't win if you can't race"
Old 04-16-2013, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Any recommendations on a new radio? You don't even want to know what Im using now. I need a new affordable radio so I can start making better adjustments with everything. I can't do any of that one my current rtr cheap radio. Ha.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Racerz27
Any recommendations on a new radio? You don't even want to know what Im using now. I need a new affordable radio so I can start making better adjustments with everything. I can't do any of that one my current rtr cheap radio. Ha.
airtronics.......i believe the m4 is pretty affordable, and the new one is very fast and works with all the airtronics rx's. i have heard ppl say alot of bad things about spektrum, never heard a person say a bad thing about airtronics. a couple of my friends have switched and couldn't be happier. and they are very easy to adjust settings on. i wouldn't skimp on a radio. its something you'll have for a long time, i like to think of it as the brain of the car....you want a NICE brain lol.........i'm sure others are good but this is what i am familiar with......i have a M11 i bought used off ebay, i'm sure its a few years old, and it works flawlessly. not had a single issue....it's bulky as all get out tho lol. heavy lil guy, but i just use a lanyard so i can't tell
Old 04-16-2013, 07:28 AM
Tech Adept

Racer57,

I haven't broken anything on my truck. I'm new at off-road so I've put this truck through hell trying to learn to drive.

You'll also learn that there are very few option parts that need to be added. Alloy wheel adapters and maybe shock springs and pistons are really the only parts peole are routinely adding to improve performance. Some guys are adding option parts to lighten the truck, but most that have done it report the truck handels worse if you lighten it.

The list that sramos gave you above is pretty much what people have reported breaking. What you carry as spare parts beyond those things depends on how serious a racer you are and how long you are willing to wait for the odd part that may break.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

I did have the rear ride height higher than the front.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racerz27
The Airtronics MT-4 is pretty solid radio. It's probably the best bang for the buck.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:42 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Mt-4 is a good radio. No flysky radios though
Old 04-16-2013, 07:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Anyone running Ae +3 wheels what effect will it have on the truck
Old 04-16-2013, 08:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by todb
I did have the rear ride height higher than the front.
You could drop the front inner camber
link a whole, which would raise* your roll center and give you more steering,although when I did this I found I had to much steering. you could go to a lighter diff fluid in the front for more off power steering.

Last edited by isaakh; 04-16-2013 at 09:08 AM.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by isaakh
You could drop the front inner camber
link a whole, which would lower your roll center and give you more steering,although when I did this I found I had to much steering. you could go to a lighter diff fluid in the front for more off power steering.
This would actually raise your roll center. But yes, it will give you more steering as lowering the link resembles a shorter link and will make it more responsive. I like to think of it as....up=dumbs it down, low= wakes it up
Old 04-16-2013, 08:54 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Madjake
Anyone running Ae +3 wheels what effect will it have on the truck
I ran them here and there on the weekend since there wasn't any race rules at the event.

Effect:
-Should make the truck more stable when turning.
-Not ROAR legal on the SCT410 due to width.
-Tires might hit your body. (Wasn't an issue on my Flotek body)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.