Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 04:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I had mentioned this before, but here is it again. I had the same issue and legthened the turnbuckles. Mine are longer than the what the stock setting calls for.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:25 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by Foosmatrix
I had mentioned this before, but here is it again. I had the same issue and legthened the turnbuckles. Mine are longer than the what the stock setting calls for.
Can you do us a favor and measure the length of the turnbuckle showing in between the ends? I need to order another Hudy setup station before outdoor season starts back up.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Wow! I just finished reading this entire thread (knowledge is power). I decided to go with this new truck after talking to a couple buddies at my track. One has the buggy and the other the sc and they both like it and so will I! Mine wont be here for a couple more days....

I saw the atterbery shock tool (VERY Nice Chris)
Is there another plastic shock tool from another brand that will work for both the body and the cap?
Thanks
Old 02-18-2013, 04:30 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by kjohnsiii
Wow! I just finished reading this entire thread (knowledge is power). I decided to go with this new truck after talking to a couple buddies at my track. One has the buggy and the other the sc and they both like it and so will I! Mine wont be here for a couple more days....

Is there another plastic shock tool from another brand that will work for both the body and the cap?
Thanks
You definitely picked the right sct.

Chris does make great products. I'm not sure about anyone having plastic ones.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bernard_Jr
I run that servo with a Castle BEC in mine and it works great for me.
BEC was the unwanted remedy for me as well with a high amp/watt system.

Now same savox tg is in a low amp/watt B44 without any crutches and no issues.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 137 (99%+)

Originally Posted by kjohnsiii

Thanks
I used the one that came with my RC8.2e kit.
Old 02-18-2013, 04:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fq06
BEC was the unwanted remedy for me as well with a high amp/watt system.

Now same savox tg is in a low amp/watt B44 without any crutches and no issues.
I went through solutions galore and that BEC nipped it. I run a 1256 in my 1/8 and use the BEC in there too. I don't know if it really makes a difference but I run them both at 6.0V.

I want to put a Radiopost Torque servo in the 1/8 and put the 1256 in the 410 but that's as funds become available. I'm perfectly happy with the performance of both right now.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

after all this "wobble" talk i went and checked mine. i know i said i had it before but now that i checked, i can move it at full lock but it is tight. i have to TRY and move it fore it to move. holding that outside wheel it is tight ......man, after everyone talking, and me saying i have a lil bit of it, THEN Tekno comes on and said it should be tight i HAD to check, and WHOOOOOO its all good........thats why i love tekno, always here to help.....I WILL OWN ANY, AND ALL PLATFORMS YOU RELEASE!!!!!!!
Old 02-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BJT2814
I used the one that came with my RC8.2e kit.
Thanks BJ, I will look into that.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MattP
Can you do us a favor and measure the length of the turnbuckle showing in between the ends? I need to order another Hudy setup station before outdoor season starts back up.
I added 1mm per side for a total of 30.6mm. when I started tinkering with it, i just kept lengthening it until the slop was almost gone, then I made sure both sides were even. I figure depending on how mush play he's seeing more or less adjustment could be used.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:42 PM
Suspended

I added 1mm per side for a total of 30.6mm. when I started tinkering with it, i just kept lengthening it until the slop was almost gone, then I made sure both sides were even. I figure depending on how mush play he's seeing more or less adjustment could be used.
Ok thanks I will go check mine and adjust to the size you suggested and see if it makes any change.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:53 PM
Tech Adept

How far off is your toe setting now??
Old 02-18-2013, 05:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sramos420
after all this "wobble" talk i went and checked mine. i know i said i had it before but now that i checked, i can move it at full lock but it is tight. i have to TRY and move it fore it to move. holding that outside wheel it is tight ......man, after everyone talking, and me saying i have a lil bit of it, THEN Tekno comes on and said it should be tight i HAD to check, and WHOOOOOO its all good........thats why i love tekno, always here to help.....I WILL OWN ANY, AND ALL PLATFORMS YOU RELEASE!!!!!!!
+1

This truck is the first one that I've bought sight unseen and I couldn't be happier. Honestly it's gonna suck when everyone starts showing up with one. It's nice to have the cool new ride for once.

I'm ready for an E-Truggy if you're listening Tekno but what ever you come up with I'll take it (except a crawler, eh )
Old 02-18-2013, 06:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by flraptor07
How far off is your toe setting now??
Im not sure as to my setup set is packed away (getting ready to move in a few days) but it hasen't affected the performance as far as I can tell. Ill try and find my setup gear in the 53 boxes in my garage
Old 02-18-2013, 06:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by suby723
You can only achieve 0 rebound on emulsion and vented setup... I didnt see the setup you where running.
Anyone can answer, I have the vent in the side of the cap with bladders. I believe u can get close to 0 rebound with bladders. Should I put a vent in the top of the cap also, and bleed them like I said before with the orings off the shaft so the piston goes to the top to bleed the proper amount of fluid out? Sound right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.