Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2014, 01:30 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by kevinpratt823
Now that BCE is gone(RIP Bill), and I'm not getting the chassis I had ordered, what else do we have for upgrade options other than a EB48 chassis? Anything out there yet?
I miss that as well. Just got my new chasis from tekno tkr5000f and it is lighter. Not a BCE but still lighter than stock.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcbambam
I miss that as well. Just got my new chasis from tekno tkr5000f and it is lighter. Not a BCE but still lighter than stock.
I have heard great results with the Tekno chassis. Next best chassis that's available.
Old 08-29-2014, 02:54 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Makin' the switch from a heavily modded SCTE 1.0 verging on 2.0 to Tekno. My son has a Tekno and ever since he has gotten it the truck has just handled really well. While the Losi was a great truck and the SCTE thread is pretty dang good with nice support, the Tekno seems to be better with a lot less screwing around on every track we have been on. I spend the qualifiers changing every parameter under the sun to make my truck even close to as quick as the Tekno. I'll be picking mine up from the local hobby shop on Sunday. Hoese is my hero!!
Old 08-29-2014, 05:05 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcbambam
Cain: Running 5-5-3 how does the front wheels feel. Are you still getting power to the front. I was running 7-5-3 in my truck and it felt like a 2wd. Now I run 7-30-3 with some success.
feels good, plenty of power to the front.

I would think that you would find more power going to the front with a lighter center diff?
Old 08-29-2014, 05:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FastPete
I have heard great results with the Tekno chassis. Next best chassis that's available.
what are the pros and cons of using the eb48 chassis on this truck? it's lighter than stock. but, is the battery position moved back? does it flex more than the stock? i've been doing some searches. saw one guy install the eb48 chassis with good results. but he also added the fiorini pistons and made other changes at the same time. now that the bce chassis is unavailable, will this eb48 chassis solve the nose dive issue? thanks
Old 08-29-2014, 06:15 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Eaglesrx
what are the pros and cons of using the eb48 chassis on this truck? it's lighter than stock. but, is the battery position moved back? does it flex more than the stock? i've been doing some searches. saw one guy install the eb48 chassis with good results. but he also added the fiorini pistons and made other changes at the same time. now that the bce chassis is unavailable, will this eb48 chassis solve the nose dive issue? thanks
Lighter and flexes more, has more traction in the right conditions. When the BCE was around, the Tekno one was a nice in between the stock chassis and the BCE.

I wouldn't say it will solve the nose dive issue. That's more getting the right spring, piston package. And driving style on the run up to the jumps.

Great guys here to get you dialed with the nose dive issue.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by FastPete
How does the BCE compare to the lightened Tekno?
Heh, didn't catch your post.

Last edited by nanoverse; 08-30-2014 at 07:33 AM. Reason: Already answered :/
Old 08-30-2014, 10:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fq06
Per BCE you HAVE to run the rear brace... including using the screw.
Use the center or don't, use it without the screw or don't, just takes a few minutes to make those changes at the track to see what the effect is.

But I'm sure there was a reason BCE said you HAVE to use the rear brace besides just tuning so since you can't replace that chassis I would use the rear brace screwed into the chassis and diff housing.
What works for someone with the stock chassis may not be the best for a BCE since the flex characteristics as different.

I personally think you have the pistons & difference in oil right, a longer shock will travel through its stroke faster in the rear and need less pack than the shorter front. I think you tried matching pistons and then went to a staggered setup right? Performance improved with the 1.3/1.4 staggered setup? Less bucking? Better rear traction?
I originally had the Fioroni pistons and seem to like this set up better. I'm running at a much bigger track now with bigger jumps. I'm gonna keep the pistons as is and try 40 42.5f 37.5 40r I will try those weights with the pinks all around as I'm running now and then go the next spring up all the way around which I think would be green. Also gonna mess with shock and camber link position. I guess I will try the rear brace but if I loose to much rear traction i will take it off.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wreckya
I originally had the Fioroni pistons and seem to like this set up better. I'm running at a much bigger track now with bigger jumps. I'm gonna keep the pistons as is and try 40 42.5f 37.5 40r I will try those weights with the pinks all around as I'm running now and then go the next spring up all the way around which I think would be green. Also gonna mess with shock and camber link position. I guess I will try the rear brace but if I loose to much rear traction i will take it off.
Yea the performance improved, no nose diving at all she flies flat through the air or as it should off any individual jump and yes my rear traction is good. I would have it straightened out by now but I can't get to the track enough it's a 2hr drive each way but we're moving end of yr and then will only be 1/2hr or under and I will be living there lol. Old lady is gonna love that lol.
Old 08-30-2014, 12:32 PM
Tech Adept

I currently run the eb chassis on my sc first because I wanted to try a liter sc and a heavier buggy and I like the trade off so far. If you have both it's worth a try doesn't take long to switch.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:18 PM
Suspended

I love my tekno. it sucks that the short course is dieing in my area.
Old 08-30-2014, 01:20 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by FearLess777
I love my tekno. it sucks that the short course is dieing in my area.
+1 wheres that?
Old 08-30-2014, 07:04 PM
Tech Legend

Got some more running in on a different type of track.

Very tight, black dirt that when wet I would say is about medium traction but them would go to loose. The surface I would say is ideal for blockades in M4 compound based on temps or a caliber style tire. I settled on calibers since my blockades from awhile ago had a glue job issue. It is a much smoother surface than the PRCP track I also race at, so I was curious to see how the suspension setup with the 1.5mm x 6 hole pistons would do.

Initially I liked the feel, but I felt that I needed a bit better suspension action in the rear than the green springs provided me with, I also wanted a bit more side traction too.

I went initially with Yellow rears, it felt better off of jumps, however it did feel almost too springy.

I thought about changing the shock oil to 2.5 W heavier to compensate but really didn't want to mess with doing the change there, so I decided to go with leaning the rear shocks in on the tower. This really helped cam the rear end and I felt I had the side bite I was looking for.

the only thing I noticed that was a bit odd was once in a while I would still get the nose down issue on one particular jump if I hit it a certain way. It was fully reproduceable, and I could just take the jump in another manner at speed and have no issues.

I do need to talk to viper as one in a blue moon I got this feeling mid air with the vehice as if the speedo lost track of the RPM of the motor when it revved in mid air, almost as if something was "protecting" it from over-revving. going up in pinion size helped this, but wasn't sure if something else was an issue.

Other than that, vehicle was very fast, durable, etc. quite happy with its performance and will be looking at doing the 6 x 1.5mm suspension package on my EB48.
Old 08-30-2014, 07:11 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Cain, you got a PM from me....
Old 08-30-2014, 07:19 PM
Tech Legend

Got it! Thanks for the follow up!

Oh, one other thing I did go back with the air guards and like the feel. it was interesting as the guys I was running with weren't doing any cutouts in there bodies. One guy had a very fast SCTE, loads of power. Seeing another driver at another track lay the smack down on others, I wanted to try and mirror his driving style which is not agressive at all, looks to drive really clean lines and rarely crashes.

Doing this method in the following heats after the first took me from playing catch up to leading and eventually I think putting a lap on the field. At times I felt like "I need to push it, more power" but calmed down and just went for the tighter consistent lines. Jumps I could clear but a safer faster route of double single I went with and it really showed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.