Search
Like Tree17Likes

Tekno SCT410 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2014, 08:02 PM
mkl
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Had a very good day today. Second podium and 1st ever WIN! Sure the field was a little thin and two cars broke, but I will take it!
The plastic front-rear hinge pin brace broke. I already have the +1.5 alloy rear brace. So does anybody have an alloy front-rear brace they want to sell? I would prefer not to have to buy a set of alloy braces when all I need is the front one.
Attached Thumbnails Tekno SCT410 Thread-img_1230-version-2.jpg  
Old 06-01-2014, 04:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChuckTee
My savox servo died on me last night lucky a friend had an extra one I was able to use. I bought it new in February and it is under warranty for a year and I was just wondering if you guys have had experience with returning to savox?
they are okay to deal with, the website is a bit tricky and you need to send a receipt to get a return number but i have done it.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:33 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by beaven
they are okay to deal with, the website is a bit tricky and you need to send a receipt to get a return number but i have done it.
Thanks man, I already dealt with the website and sending a pdf of my receipt so hopefully the hard part is done. Shouldnt be an issue the thing just died out of no where, doesnt even make any noise when you try and turn doesnt do a thing, no crash or any funny stuff so hope they just say ok here is a replacement. I bought new in February so that is no where close to a year.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:36 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mkl
Had a very good day today. Second podium and 1st ever WIN! Sure the field was a little thin and two cars broke, but I will take it!
The plastic front-rear hinge pin brace broke. I already have the +1.5 alloy rear brace. So does anybody have an alloy front-rear brace they want to sell? I would prefer not to have to buy a set of alloy braces when all I need is the front one.
Congrats man! man your track must be huge with the lap times that you guys are turning. I would like to run on something big like that. I mean average lap on our track is high 16's to low 17's so you get the idea. Good luck finding that front brace.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:57 AM
Tech Adept

Just ordered a SCT410, EB48 conversion kit and some mounted AKA Typo's. Planning to run a VTX8 and Tekin SC4X 4.5 550 can. I'll mostly be using this at SCVRC on 2S, per track requirements. Any feed back on this setup?
Old 06-01-2014, 03:42 PM
ER
Tech Addict

Default Having run time issues

Started a new thread before I saw Tekno thread. Got a sct410, rx8 gen 1, 4300 pro 4 HD, smc 7200 batt, 17t pinion. Outside temps were 80o and it was dark when I ran a 7min main(won), but had to baby the throttle and turn current limiter down to 70% (was at 90%) to finish. I used to be able to run 8+ min with this setup. Batt is only 4 mos old, motor is 1.5 yrs old (thinking this is the issue). Esc and motor both have fans. Esc came off at 130, motor at 170. Battery used 6500 during that run. Ay suggestions?
Old 06-01-2014, 05:54 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Nose Dive

Ok so I now have a few outdoor races under my belt with this truck. Up until yesterdays big event I had not had any issues with nose diving. Originally I was running 10x1.3 pistons all the way around but did not like the feel so I switched to 8x1.3 up front and 8x1.4 in the rear. I started with green springs up front and 32.5 oil and pink rear with 27.5 The truck started to nose dive off the big triple. I stiffened the front oil to 37.5 and rear up to 35, no difference, changed rear oil to 37.5 and put yellow rear springs helped a little but lost rear bite. Went back down to 32.5 and pink springs and was drivable but rear was loose and would still nose dive. the truck had never done this when I had the 10x1.3's in.
I want the truck to feel plush and absorb bumps but can not find the right spring and piston. Any idea's? Tracks are large outdoor.
Thanks for any input... Oh yea, running BCE chassis too

Last edited by RichyRich; 06-01-2014 at 05:56 PM. Reason: added comment
Old 06-01-2014, 05:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I'm running 35-30 in mine with the shocks in the second lowest hole all the way around and on the middle hole on the bottom with more droop in the front than in the back and I don't have any flying problems. Also runnin pink rear springs and black fronts
Old 06-01-2014, 06:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

With a staggered piston setup like that you should be close to if not the same weights front & rear.
Try 37.5 front and 35 rear, then after a run or two go up to 37 in the rear to see what works better.
I would advise greens front and rear as well but if pink rears are working with green fronts then all good. Maybe pink fronts to match the rear pinks. Its a big stretch between pink rear and yellow rear so that's why I'm suggesting a more middle of the road balance between the springs.

@ Cain
Did you run the staggered pistons this weekend? If so what oils did you end up at?

Last edited by fq06; 06-01-2014 at 07:48 PM.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:51 PM
Tech Rookie

Default NorCal raceway setup?

Anyone have the new NorCal track in SanJose dialed in yet? I'm traveling on business to the Bay Area and wanted to pack my tekno and maybe two sets of tires. I wasn't going to bring my entire gear bag so big setup changes will have to wait. Looking for tire and shock weight recommendations.

Thanks.......
Old 06-02-2014, 07:34 AM
Tech Addict

Another axle broke. Just too
Gonna send a bunch of them to Tekno after the season.
Old 06-02-2014, 07:52 AM
Tech Rookie

hey guys i tried out the newly posted ramos setup i really like it but i need rear grip slides out easy on low bite any suggestions? i tqed and finished 3rd with it.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ER
Started a new thread before I saw Tekno thread. Got a sct410, rx8 gen 1, 4300 pro 4 HD, smc 7200 batt, 17t pinion. Outside temps were 80o and it was dark when I ran a 7min main(won), but had to baby the throttle and turn current limiter down to 70% (was at 90%) to finish. I used to be able to run 8+ min with this setup. Batt is only 4 mos old, motor is 1.5 yrs old (thinking this is the issue). Esc and motor both have fans. Esc came off at 130, motor at 170. Battery used 6500 during that run. Ay suggestions?
Make sure the battery is balanced well. Also lower your Current Limiter to about 35-40. The HD motors have way too much punch. Your rotor may be getting weak as well. That will make it suck up more amps.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mcebull8ight
Anyone have the new NorCal track in SanJose dialed in yet? I'm traveling on business to the Bay Area and wanted to pack my tekno and maybe two sets of tires. I wasn't going to bring my entire gear bag so big setup changes will have to wait. Looking for tire and shock weight recommendations.

Thanks.......
I'm still running this setup, but with a 3.0 front sway bar and I think 2.6 rear sway bar. I like it, but it is a bit twitchy for some others. It is more forgiving of flat lands than some, but less forgiving of small bumps or rolling a tire over the pipe. It usually jumps great, and while it can get bucked if the track is blown out on a jump face, it doesn't buck further than a throttle pull will fix.

Sorry for the old link, but I haven't gotten a setups section into the new site yet.
http://norcalhobbies.com/content.php...oor-2013-06-09

Chucktee will likely post a much different and softer suspension setup, and my wife likes the more predictable setup that is the old bary baker clay setup. Most anything for high bite will work as a setup, though the track is more medium bite, it tends to get good side bite characteristics.

For tires, it depends on what you like. My wife and I run clay all around, either a gold barcode or a clay typo or something like that. Others like softs or things like pink hot bodies. Take your pick. The clay works a lot better while the track is damper, and the softs work a little better when it gets a little more dry. I just always use clay/gold though.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by justpoet
I'm still running this setup, but with a 3.0 front sway bar and I think 2.6 rear sway bar. I like it, but it is a bit twitchy for some others. It is more forgiving of flat lands than some, but less forgiving of small bumps or rolling a tire over the pipe. It usually jumps great, and while it can get bucked if the track is blown out on a jump face, it doesn't buck further than a throttle pull will fix.

Sorry for the old link, but I haven't gotten a setups section into the new site yet.
http://norcalhobbies.com/content.php...oor-2013-06-09

Chucktee will likely post a much different and softer suspension setup, and my wife likes the more predictable setup that is the old bary baker clay setup. Most anything for high bite will work as a setup, though the track is more medium bite, it tends to get good side bite characteristics.

For tires, it depends on what you like. My wife and I run clay all around, either a gold barcode or a clay typo or something like that. Others like softs or things like pink hot bodies. Take your pick. The clay works a lot better while the track is damper, and the softs work a little better when it gets a little more dry. I just always use clay/gold though.

My setup changes as does the track but up until the last track change that they are doing now for the NorCal championships I was running green fronts pink rears 10x1.2 pistons with 30wt front 25wt rear and I run super soft Typo's sway bars are 2.4 front 2.3 rear

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.